+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

CPC Ottawa

Singh_Gill

Jun 4, 2021
Did you receive anything from US immigration when you got the refusal? Would be unusual if they didn't issue anything.
Hello Dear, yes they provided a generic letter which mentioned visa application is denied and steps on reapplying for a visa. it was in 2017 so that letter is miss placed.

Canada2020eh

Champion Member
Aug 2, 2019
Hello Dear, yes they provided a generic letter which mentioned visa application is denied and steps on reapplying for a visa. it was in 2017 so that letter is miss placed.
Without having a copy of the letter I think all you can do is write a LOE, explaining that and provide as much detail that you can remember why it was refused and submit via web form.

pat40

Jan 21, 2020
Hello Dear, we did mention the refusal during the file submission and provide minor details on that application. The concern is that we don't have a refusal letter to send to ircc.
As far as i know us only give you typical paper which is not specific to only one case. This refusal letter is very common letter saying what could be the reason. But you can type LOE to IRCC and give details stating refusal reason according to your personal profile.

avynaria

Jul 27, 2021
Is there any inland applicant who still hasn’t gotten their eCoPR after uploaded the photos and address for a long time? Or someone who hasn’t gotten their eCoPR before they got their PR card?

I have already uploaded my information in the confirmation portal. It’s been more than a week, the status is still “in interview with IRCC”.
*raises hand*

I received my credentials for the confirmation portal all the way back near the beginning of June, and submitted all the info right away. It showed "In review with IRCC" and hasn't changed since then. I submitted a web inquiry to make sure I hadn't missed something I need to do, and they responded and said they had everything and just would take longer to process than normal until they issued a "decision". I don't know if that's legalese, but I thought they'd already gotten a decision if they're asking me to do PR confirmation? The state of the application in the main gckey portal is also inconsistent. I've heard a lot of stories about people's online status, the responses of the inquiry, and what they receive in the mail, being totally inconsistent. At this point I think it's Schroedenger's immigration application. =_=

It's getting really frustrating, because I'm already in country on a work permit, and I feel nervous about happenings at work, as well as not wanting to visit family back in the US for fear of not getting back in without my PR card. (In theory that is taken care of in August, since I could come in as a US citizen, but... it makes me uneasy.)

I just wish they'd give an accurate indication of processing. I don't mind if it takes longer, I just want to know.

Edit: I should state, mine started as an outland, but when I came on a work permit, they transferred it to Ottawa as an inland.

avynaria

Jul 27, 2021
I tried to re-read the tea leaves on my case, and I'm pretty sure what's happened is that they are waiting for US gov people to validate my background check paper before issuing a final thumbs up. Which is really unfortunate, because the US gov is slow on a good day o_O ...the pandemic has really snarled things up worse.

mastershoo

Jul 12, 2021
Security yet to start since June 17th. Everything else passed. Just worried that something could be causing a delay in receiving the golden email.

tiwana2555

Star Member
Nov 7, 2017
We are 23 July 2020 applicant
VO OTTAWA
Bio and Medical done FEB 2021

In process 3 May 2021

Nothing after that
Applicant from India

This is so frustrating

cad0420

Oct 8, 2020
*raises hand*

I received my credentials for the confirmation portal all the way back near the beginning of June, and submitted all the info right away. It showed "In review with IRCC" and hasn't changed since then. I submitted a web inquiry to make sure I hadn't missed something I need to do, and they responded and said they had everything and just would take longer to process than normal until they issued a "decision". I don't know if that's legalese, but I thought they'd already gotten a decision if they're asking me to do PR confirmation? The state of the application in the main gckey portal is also inconsistent. I've heard a lot of stories about people's online status, the responses of the inquiry, and what they receive in the mail, being totally inconsistent. At this point I think it's Schroedenger's immigration application. =_=

It's getting really frustrating, because I'm already in country on a work permit, and I feel nervous about happenings at work, as well as not wanting to visit family back in the US for fear of not getting back in without my PR card. (In theory that is taken care of in August, since I could come in as a US citizen, but... it makes me uneasy.)

I just wish they'd give an accurate indication of processing. I don't mind if it takes longer, I just want to know.

Edit: I should state, mine started as an outland, but when I came on a work permit, they transferred it to Ottawa as an inland.
Update: I just got my eCoPR. Said it is issued by Calgary (I'm in Quebec). I saw someone said before that if you are under an implied status they are going to apply for you as a temporary resident first so that is probably the reason why it takes so long. Hope you get yours soon too!

ld16

Star Member
May 5, 2021
Security yet to start since June 17th. Everything else passed. Just worried that something could be causing a delay in receiving the golden email.
how can we know that security and criminality are passed is there any way to checkout??

thank you!!!