+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Covid_19-Fall'20 students who got their visa approved

Dafaqisgoingon

Star Member
Jun 12, 2020
Hey. I had this friend on FB replying to my post seeking for first-time fliers. She is a first time flier got into Canada on June 4th at Toronto Airport. I'm asking her if she came for the Fall or Summer semester.
Wow! That's great! Good to know. Can you ask her which country and airline? Thanks.

Reactions: vhptanh@97

Dafaqisgoingon

Star Member
Jun 12, 2020
Vietnam and Korean air. She came for summer sem.
I came across another person who tweeted to IRCC about being detained by CBSA on June 4 and then sent back to South Carolina the next day. They even took her passport. Nobody knows what's going on. Lets just wait for official update.

vhptanh@97

Star Member
Nov 29, 2018
I came across another person who tweeted to IRCC about being detained by CBSA on June 4 and then sent back to South Carolina the next day. They even took her passport. Nobody knows what's going on. Lets just wait for official update.
You think I should postpone my trip to a latter travel date?

Now it's most likely that you can get in as a first time flier if you travel near your start date

Vishwa1910

Dec 5, 2018

Now it's most likely that you can get in as a first time flier if you travel near your start date
yup I think that too, as those who are trying to go right now are too early for Fall 2020, and they might consider that as non-essential travel.

Dafaqisgoingon

Star Member
Jun 12, 2020

Your wish. I can't advice anything to anyone. IRCC's soon =more than 5 days. If you wanna wait, wait and postpone.

Yash1995

Apr 13, 2020
Your wish. I can't advice anything to anyone. IRCC's soon =more than 5 days. If you wanna wait, wait and postpone.
If you were planning to start your study in may did you defer it to sept or jan2021 ? N how will the visa be affected as its pretty clear that no one would be travelling to canada by 2021.. will you apply for extension from your home country??

indsaurav

Oct 22, 2019
I don't know about you but my course is half online and half in person but as i got my visa after march 18 2020 i am banned. As they are not allowing international students who have got their visa after match 18
Banned was removed long ago check ircc website or twitter

fatimajill

Mar 8, 2019
when did you received this?
And so those who receive, can only travel or are exempted?
And you got this in your email and not your GIC message?
I received this on 2nd April when the restriction was implemented.
I don't think that's the case. They might have sent it to your agent if you had one.
I didn't check my GIC. They might have sent it there too. I will see

GradStudent18

Nov 11, 2019
Hey. I had this friend on FB replying to my post seeking for first-time fliers. She is a first time flier got into Canada on June 4th at Toronto Airport. I'm asking her if she came for the Fall or Summer semester.
Could you please ask which airlines she travelled through, please?

GradStudent18

Nov 11, 2019
I don;t know why intl students now have to test their luck at border
I agree, that's unfortunate.

The thing is CBSA agents themselves seem to say different things on the phone, right?

I guess they don't want to commit to any student on the phone that they'll be given entry. If one follows diligently all the rules put up on the IRCC website, I think they shouldn't have too much of a problem.

As far as I've seen, they seem to go strictly by the rules and regulations put up on their website, following the laws, etc. So we have to be extra careful in following all rules to get entry...