+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Covid testing in Doha airport

Nevu20

May 12, 2019
Do Quatar airways argue a lot to extend your stay I am planning to call them today, Any tips for me when I am calling them! Please and thank you!
The executive was very polite and helpful. Simply explain that you need to quarantine for 2 days as you are travelling from India. Apparently India has been added to 'exceptional red list' by Qatar. Hence, even if your covid test is negative, you'll need to quarantine mandatorily for 2 days there. They will simply ask you security questions related to your account. If verified, they will ask your ticket reference ID if already booked and reschedule. No argument of any sort.

I have scheduled my flight in day time morning from India so to be on a safe side. So as to have enough time with me for RT-PCR and Antigen test.. in case, the results take more time. Someone from Qatar suggested to go for 'sidra medical' for tests. But the quarantine hotels listed by Qatar Airways seem to take care of tests themselves it seems. Let me know if I'm wrong here.

Reactions: RajdeepC

Souviksen007

Star Member
Jul 31, 2018
Toronto, Ontario
Category........
Job Offer........
Yes
The executive was very polite and helpful. Simply explain that you need to quarantine for 2 days as you are travelling from India. Apparently India has been added to 'exceptional red list' by Qatar. Hence, even if your covid test is negative, you'll need to quarantine mandatorily for 2 days there. They will simply ask you security questions related to your account. If verified, they will ask your ticket reference ID if already booked and reschedule. No argument of any sort.

I have scheduled my flight in day time morning from India so to be on a safe side. So as to have enough time with me for RT-PCR and Antigen test.. in case, the results take more time. Someone from Qatar suggested to go for 'sidra medical' for tests. But the quarantine hotels listed by Qatar Airways seem to take care of tests themselves it seems. Let me know if I'm wrong here.
Thanks a lot for the info. One question.. you have to take a negative RT-PCR result from India to enter Qatar... right? Can the test be from anywhere or only from Delhi Airport. Actually my flight is directly from Kolkata to Qatar. Test results from Kolkata is accepted in Qatar?

Nevu20

May 12, 2019
Thanks a lot for the info. One question.. you have to take a negative RT-PCR result from India to enter Qatar... right? Can the test be from anywhere or only from Delhi Airport. Actually my flight is directly from Kolkata to Qatar. Test results from Kolkata is accepted in Qatar?
We can provide the RT-PCR result conducted from any part of India I believe.
Although Qatar seems to have a checklist that needs to be followed on arrival.

https://covid19.moph.gov.qa/EN/travel-and-return-policy/Pages/default.aspx

Check this website

Labyrinth

Apr 29, 2014
I understand people are planning to make a stopover at Doha. Thanks for the tips. However, it will be helpful to know if anyone has the experience of actually traveling via Qatar Airways and done the 2 day hotel quarantine at Doha? Is the PCR Test included in the Discover Qatar hotel quarantine package price?

Labyrinth

Apr 29, 2014
Has Qatar Airways actually stopped anyone at either India or Doha Airports from traveling/transiting via Doha to Canada if you do not do the 2 day hotel quarantine at Doha? Actually, when I called Qatar Airways, I was told you can transit without stopover at Qatar as Doha Airport does not have a Testing facility. It is very confusing.

Request you to please comment if you have the actual experience or heard from someone who went through this experience.

Reactions: Navs11

abcd123@

Sep 7, 2021
hey, what if we book a flight from india to dubai or abu dhabi get an rapid RT-PCR or RT-LAMP test there and travel to doha, then from doha to canada, my point is you will not have to quarantine for 2 days in doha. Will they accept the test done in UAE and allow one to board a flight to canada.

Souviksen007

Star Member
Jul 31, 2018
Toronto, Ontario
Category........
Job Offer........
Yes
hey, what if we book a flight from india to dubai or abu dhabi get an rapid RT-PCR or RT-LAMP test there and travel to doha, then from doha to canada, my point is you will not have to quarantine for 2 days in doha. Will they accept the test done in UAE and allow one to board a flight to canada.
I think as per the latest communication (Nov 28), YES you can. What I understand, passengers who are not travelling on direct flights from India to Canada must take a COVID‑19 PCR test in any country out of India. The test does not have to be taken in the country of final departure.

abcd123@

Sep 7, 2021
I think as per the latest communication (Nov 28), YES you can. What I understand, passengers who are not travelling on direct flights from India to Canada must take a COVID‑19 PCR test in any country out of India. The test does not have to be taken in the country of final departure.
Yeah thats what I was wondering because abu dhabi has in airport covid 19 testing which is very fast according to them results in 90 mintues, according to my research average time for safe side would a stop over between 4-6 hours.

Souviksen007

Star Member
Jul 31, 2018
Toronto, Ontario
Category........
Job Offer........
Yes
Yeah thats what I was wondering because abu dhabi has in airport covid 19 testing which is very fast according to them results in 90 mintues, according to my research average time for safe side would a stop over between 4-6 hours.
Are you sure? Because I am rescheduling my flight through Emirates and was wondering if there is any on-site Covid-19 RT PCR test facility in Dubai Airport. My stop over will be 19 hours in Dubai airport.

abcd123@

Sep 7, 2021
Are you sure? Because I am rescheduling my flight through Emirates and was wondering if there is any on-site Covid-19 RT PCR test facility in Dubai Airport. My stop over will be 19 hours in Dubai airport.
there are bunch of videos on youtube about people travelling from india via abu dhabi to canada, dubai airport doesnt have a testing facility but abu dhabi airport does, check this link https://www.abudhabiairport.ae/en/rapidtesting.

Abhi S

Dec 6, 2021

While boarding onwards flight from Doha to Canada, Did the PCR test result from your Hotel work? Or did you have to get tested from an approved hospital?

Lov66

Dec 15, 2021
Of course, if you come from another country, then you should always take a coronavirus test. As far as I know, it is not necessary to do this in some European countries if you have a vaccination certificate. By the way, I got sick with coronavirus last year when I arrived from Italy, and they kept me at the airport for a very long time and only sent me home a day later. Then the doctors advised me to take a drug called Niclosamide and even gave me a link to order this drug -- https://www.niclosam.com/product/niclosamide-powder/. But I believe that everything depends on your immunity when you get sick with coronavirus. If your immunity is weak, then you will have big problems.

Abhishek.s1990

Star Member
Jan 5, 2018
Hi I am travelling from Toronto to Kolkata
Route is Toronto -Montreal - Doha - Kolkata . The layover is Montreal is 3 hrs and in Doha its under 2 hrs . If I get a RTPCR test done in Toronto 72 hrs before the flight do I need anything else . I know it doesn’t count but I even have the booster shot

Venu95ram

Feb 6, 2021
Hi I am travelling from Toronto to Kolkata
Route is Toronto -Montreal - Doha - Kolkata . The layover is Montreal is 3 hrs and in Doha its under 2 hrs . If I get a RTPCR test done in Toronto 72 hrs before the flight do I need anything else . I know it doesn’t count but I even have the booster shot
Share ur travel experience brother bcoz I’m traveling by same route kindly reply

Venu95ram

Feb 6, 2021

Have u completed ur travel bro plz share ur experience thank you