+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Covid testing in Doha airport

APaul31

Aug 28, 2017
Hi,

I wanted to know while traveling back from India to Canada if a Qatar airways flight has a stop at Doha airport then do I need to do a separate COVID test over there? I will be doing a Covid testing at IGI airport or from my city before traveling anyways.

If anyone has made the travel and could let me know about this this it would be really helpful.

Thank You.

sheikhzaid

Aug 14, 2011
Visa Office......
Chennai
AOR Received.
12-07-2019
Hi,

I wanted to know while traveling back from India to Canada if a Qatar airways flight has a stop at Doha airport then do I need to do a separate COVID test over there? I will be doing a Covid testing at IGI airport or from my city before traveling anyways.

If anyone has made the travel and could let me know about this this it would be really helpful.

Thank You.
yes, you will need a negative test from Doha else you wont be allowed to board.

APaul31

Aug 28, 2017
Thanks for you response. Do you know how long it takes for testing in Doha and can I do it after landing there in the airport? Also how much does it cost?

gotPrUnderCEC

Star Member
Sep 18, 2021
Hi All, just a question I am travelling from India -> Doha -> Montreal in first week of November. I am ready to undergo any covid test. However, my question is that my transit time is only 3 hours in Doha. I asked Qatar airways and they said I wont need COVID test in Doha as its not possible for RT PCR test to provide results in 3 hours. This has made me more confused now. Has anyone else went via same route with transit period on ~2-3 hours.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Thanks for update , actually I am booking my ticket by Qatar and I am from Pakistan so was not sure if this applicable to PK as well.

thanks for clearing this
Hi All, just a question I am travelling from India -> Doha -> Montreal in first week of November. I am ready to undergo any covid test. However, my question is that my transit time is only 3 hours in Doha. I asked Qatar airways and they said I wont need COVID test in Doha as its not possible for RT PCR test to provide results in 3 hours. This has made me more confused now. Has anyone else went via same route with transit period on ~2-3 hours.
Are you leave from Delhi? If so you can do the PCR test at the directed lab within 18 hours of departure I believe. If not you’ll need a longer transit time.

sheikhzaid

Aug 14, 2011
Visa Office......
Chennai
AOR Received.
12-07-2019
If that is the case then you will have to stay in Doha get a negative test then board. You will not be allowed to board on a flight to Canada if you do not provide a negative test from that third country (Doha) else book a direct flight to Canada and you will only be required to present indian pcr negative report.

sheikhzaid

Aug 14, 2011
Visa Office......
Chennai
AOR Received.
12-07-2019
Are you leave from Delhi? If so you can do the PCR test at the directed lab within 18 hours of departure I believe. If not you’ll need a longer transit time.
Nope. It is a must to provide a negative test from a direct country if it is an indirect route and not direct.

“Passengers who travel from India to Canada via an indirect route still need to provide a pre-departure negative COVID-19 molecular test result from a third country before continuing their journey to Canada.” - https://travel.gc.ca/destinations/india

Reactions: canuck78

gotPrUnderCEC

Star Member
Sep 18, 2021
Requirement for Indian nationals.
Thanks @canuck78 and @sheikhzaid
1. Yes i will be travelling Delhi -> Doha -> Montreal
2. @sheikhzaid I asked Qatar airways the same question when I was going to India (apparently all passengers coming from Middle East are also required to do RT PCR test on arrival to India as well) Qatar representatives/helpdesks on the airport knew about this and they told me in Montreal as well as in Doha that no you wont need to do another test since the transit period is too short and you are not leaving the chekin area of the airport. The decision to board the flight is taken by the airlines and not IRCC or the arrival country . I am just arranging for a written proof of the same (in email)

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Thanks @canuck78 and @sheikhzaid
1. Yes i will be travelling Delhi -> Doha -> Montreal
2. @sheikhzaid I asked Qatar airways the same question when I was going to India (apparently all passengers coming from Middle East are also required to do RT PCR test on arrival to India as well) Qatar representatives/helpdesks on the airport knew about this and they told me in Montreal as well as in Doha that no you wont need to do another test since the transit period is too short and you are not leaving the chekin area of the airport. The decision to board the flight is taken by the airlines and not IRCC or the arrival country . I am just arranging for a written proof of the same (in email)
Canada can deny you entry if you don’t do the PCR test in Doha. The airline can’t decide what the policy for entry into Canada is.