+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Covid testing in Doha airport

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
has this happened with anyone or you are just stating information from the ircc website?
Sure it has happened. We see many posts of people arriving at the POE with the wrong covid tests and being denied entry. Not sure about the Doha flight but the airline can’t overrule the entry requirements into a country. Not sure why they would risk allowing anyone on the flight without a PCR test because they will need to absorb the cost of your return flight. The requirements may change but would stick the the stated covid testing requirements in the Canadian government website,

gotPrUnderCEC

Star Member
Sep 18, 2021
Sure it has happened. We see many posts of people arriving at the POE with the wrong covid tests and being denied entry. Not sure about the Doha flight but the airline can’t overrule the entry requirements into a country. Not sure why they would risk allowing anyone on the flight without a PCR test because they will need to absorb the cost of your return flight. The requirements may change but would stick the the stated covid testing requirements in the Canadian government website,
Thanks @canuck78 would be possible to share a few links to these posts?

atzquebec

Aug 6, 2015
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Med's Done....
01-08-2015
Passport Req..
01-09-2015
VISA ISSUED...
01-10-2015
LANDED..........
April 21 2016
I called Canadian immigration today and they also confirmed that a RT-PCR test from a third country is required for Indian nationals whether it’s transit or not. I really hope this rule is scraped. This is creating havoc. Since prices for direct flights from India to Canada are atrocious.

Reactions: RajdeepC

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
I called Canadian immigration today and they also confirmed that a RT-PCR test from a third country is required for Indian nationals whether it’s transit or not. I really hope this rule is scraped. This is creating havoc. Since prices for direct flights from India to Canada are atrocious.
Canada has started with allowing testing in New Delhi at a certain lab within 18 hours of departure. If that is successful at limiting entry of covid cases there is a good chance other labs may be added to the list to allow direct flights from other cities. Given that travellers from India make up a large proportion of arrivals in Canada the government wants to be cautious. There have unfortunately been many problems with labs giving out negative tests without actually testing or when people were positive, problems with people not quarantining properly and spreading covid to the whole extended family or to other roommates, etc. have created problems for all the other travellers. Many are not following the directions or are not knowledgeable to understand how to quarantine correctly (gvt’s fault tor also not verifying quarantine plans well enough) but even a small proportion of people from India translates to high numbers. For example the Ethiopian flight from INDIA consistently had positive cases on their flights twice a week if I remember correctly. Canada still doesn’t want people travelling for non-essential purposes (including from Canada to India and back) so higher prices have discouraged many from travelling.

Souviksen007

Star Member
Jul 31, 2018
Toronto, Ontario
Category........
Job Offer........
Yes
Hi.. any update on this thread? I will be returning back on 15th Jan 2022 in the same route. Till now, HIA is not doing any testing for transit passengers.

- Have anyone taken this route successfully and in that case where did they get the testing done?
- I can reschedule the return flight if required but what is the min quarantine period in Doha to get the test done?

Labyrinth

Apr 29, 2014
Hi, I will be returning to Canada from India via Doha by Qatar Airways in a few days. I understand there is no testing facility in Doha airport for transit passengers. So, will Qatar Airways allow me to board the flight for Canada from Doha with the PCR test done in India? If anyone has any personal experience or knowledge of traveling by this same route (India -> Doha -> Canada) with Qatar Airways, please let us know. Thanks in advance.

gotPrUnderCEC

Star Member
Sep 18, 2021
Hi, I will be returning to Canada from India via Doha by Qatar Airways in a few days. I understand there is no testing facility in Doha airport for transit passengers. So, will Qatar Airways allow me to board the flight for Canada from Doha with the PCR test done in India? If anyone has any personal experience or knowledge of traveling by this same route (India -> Doha -> Canada) with Qatar Airways, please let us know. Thanks in advance.
Hi.. any update on this thread? I will be returning back on 15th Jan 2022 in the same route. Till now, HIA is not doing any testing for transit passengers.

- Have anyone taken this route successfully and in that case where did they get the testing done?
- I can reschedule the return flight if required but what is the min quarantine period in Doha to get the test done?
You can find your answers here

https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/anyone-travelled-from-india-to-canada-via-doha-recently.746744/#post-9809947

mumbaikar

Star Member
May 16, 2012
I will be taking Qatar Airways in early Jan, and will stay for 48 hours at Doha (2 days hotel quarantine booked through official website "https://www.qatarairwaysholidays.com/qa-en/welcome-home-2-night-booking/overview") and get the PCR test. Indian nationals can have visa ( max up to 30 days) free/on arrival visa entry to Qatar (https://portal.moi.gov.qa/qatarvisas/visadetails.html?ctr=77&res=32). Quarantine will cost approximately 200 CAD and ~50CAD for the covid test . Still it was a cheaper option than a direct flight from Delhi or by Etihad via Abudabhi (they provide pcr test at Abudabhi airport with in the 3 hour transit window).

Nevu20

May 12, 2019
I will be taking Qatar Airways in early Jan, and will stay for 48 hours at Doha (2 days hotel quarantine booked through official website "https://www.qatarairwaysholidays.com/qa-en/welcome-home-2-night-booking/overview") and get the PCR test. Indian nationals can have visa ( max up to 30 days) free/on arrival visa entry to Qatar (https://portal.moi.gov.qa/qatarvisas/visadetails.html?ctr=77&res=32). Quarantine will cost approximately 200 CAD and ~50CAD for the covid test . Still it was a cheaper option than a direct flight from Delhi or by Etihad via Abudabhi (they provide pcr test at Abudabhi airport with in the 3 hour transit window).

I will be following the same plan myself. Have booked for 22nd Dec 2021 from Mumbai to Doha, 2 day quarantine stay at hotel and get the test done. Board the flight on 24th Dec 2021 for Canada.

My return flight also has a stopover at Doha from Canada. Is there any requirement for entering India to have the negative report from transiting country?

Reactions: Souviksen007

mumbaikar

Star Member
May 16, 2012
I will be following the same plan myself. Have booked for 22nd Dec 2021 from Mumbai to Doha, 2 day quarantine stay at hotel and get the test done. Board the flight on 24th Dec 2021 for Canada.

My return flight also has a stopover at Doha from Canada. Is there any requirement for entering India to have the negative report from transiting country?
I don't think so, according to India's policy "Upload a negative COVID-19 RT-PCR report*. This test should have been conducted within 72 hrs prior to undertaking the journey.". My firends have travelled to India via Dubai/Abudabhi/Europe from the negative PCR results from Canada.

Souviksen007

Star Member
Jul 31, 2018
Toronto, Ontario
Category........
Job Offer........
Yes

Thanks for the information. Did you called Qatar to reschedule the Doha to Canada flight? Did you have to pay the fare difference? I see the doha to canada flights are exceptionally high now

Nevu20

May 12, 2019
I don't think so, according to India's policy "Upload a negative COVID-19 RT-PCR report*. This test should have been conducted within 72 hrs prior to undertaking the journey.". My firends have travelled to India via Dubai/Abudabhi/Europe from the negative PCR results from Canada.
Thanks! This is really helpful

Nevu20

May 12, 2019
Thanks for the information. Did you called Qatar to reschedule the Doha to Canada flight? Did you have to pay the fare difference? I see the doha to canada flights are exceptionally high now
Yes I did. Explained them of my travel plan and quarantine. Showed them my booked tickets and they delayed the travel date from Doha to Canada by a day as we need to spend 2 nights under hotel quarantine in Doha. Yes, I had to pay the fare difference for that.

Flights from Abu Dhabi are exceptionally expensive. The hassle of getting visa for Dubai travel Plus flight fare costed more than what I had to pay for Doha quarantine Plus flight reschedule from Doha to Canada.

Nish23

Oct 19, 2021
Yes I did. Explained them of my travel plan and quarantine. Showed them my booked tickets and they delayed the travel date from Doha to Canada by a day as we need to spend 2 nights under hotel quarantine in Doha. Yes, I had to pay the fare difference for that.

Flights from Abu Dhabi are exceptionally expensive. The hassle of getting visa for Dubai travel Plus flight fare costed more than what I had to pay for Doha quarantine Plus flight reschedule from Doha to Canada.
Do Quatar airways argue a lot to extend your stay I am planning to call them today, Any tips for me when I am calling them! Please and thank you!