+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Covid-19 - Travel Restrictions

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Yes, that’s one way to do it but are they straight up rejecting if we can’t answer questions like “do you have a job” etc.
Most people don't have a job in Canada when they arrive. Don't lie and answer any questions you are asked honestly just don't answer that you are doing a short landing like you used to be able to do. If you are asked directly if this is a short landing then you should be honest.

DS1991

Nov 20, 2019
Most people don't have a job in Canada when they arrive. Don't lie and answer any questions you are asked honestly just don't answer that you are doing a short landing like you used to be able to do. If you are asked directly if this is a short landing then you should be honest.
Thank you.

Is US putting any restriction? While coming back? Any idea? I have H1B but I’m worried about the whole deal with H1B going on. This restriction on soft landing seems to be a common deal between US and Canada

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Thank you.

Is US putting any restriction? While coming back? Any idea? I have H1B but I’m worried about the whole deal with H1B going on. This restriction on soft landing seems to be a common deal between US and Canada
Would look at the thread of US moving to Canada. There are multiple posts on the subject.

Apr 12, 2020
Guys our COPR expired in April. Any hope of any changes soon. We are from Morocco and the flight with Air Canada was due on 2 april yet all messed up. Do you have an idea of a possible date of things moving forward ... we are getting desperate here

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
Guys our COPR expired in April. Any hope of any changes soon. We are from Morocco and the flight with Air Canada was due on 2 april yet all messed up. Do you have an idea of a possible date of things moving forward ... we are getting desperate here
I do not understand your question. As I understand current state of affairs, when you find and book a flight, you can write to the visa office with that information and get (some form of) extension of your COPR/visa, likely linked to those flight dates. There are other details required like self-isolation plans. You can contact the visa office or IRCC to find out what additional information they need. Once you have that, you should be able to board a flight and land.

If you cannot find a flight, that's a different problem - there are fewer flights but if the issue is that there are no flights out of Morocco at all, Canada can't do anything about it.

zazee

Oct 5, 2020
Recently my Mother reached Canada on 4th Oct 2020 by Air India from Delhi to Vancouver.She has Visitor Visa for my Sister who is a PR.
She had done Covid 19 Test just 72 hours prior as requested by Air India.
In Delhi Airport nothing was requested and only Passport and Vis as usual. No one asked for Covid 19 report.

In Vancouver too , only Passport and Visa along with Letter of Support from my Sister who is a PR.
No Covid report was requested again in Vancouver.

Pls remember she got Hot meals in Airlines but no lounge facility in Delhi

Bs65

VIP Member
Mar 22, 2016
Recently my Mother reached Canada on 4th Oct 2020 by Air India from Delhi to Vancouver.She has Visitor Visa for my Sister who is a PR.
She had done Covid 19 Test just 72 hours prior as requested by Air India.
In Delhi Airport nothing was requested and only Passport and Vis as usual. No one asked for Covid 19 report.

In Vancouver too , only Passport and Visa along with Letter of Support from my Sister who is a PR.
No Covid report was requested again in Vancouver.

Pls remember she got Hot meals in Airlines but no lounge facility in Delhi
https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/covid-times-travel-to-canada-from-india.705099/