+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

COVID 19: Canada Travel Restrictions and Who Are Immediate Family Members ?

pixelderp

Apr 23, 2020
Would a US citizen spouse of a Canadian citizen (me) with proof of marriage, etc, be able to enter Canada for the dual intent of visiting and family re-unification/starting the inland spousal sponsorship application?

We don't want to be separated if we do outland processing :(

smileyface19

Star Member
Oct 3, 2019
hi is this blog still active? I'm on spouse open work permit and was denied boarding the plane to Canada even if I need to reunite with my husband who is on work visa!

mikunn85

Oct 17, 2019
HI Guys,
My wife is supposed to visit me sometime in may/June on her visitor Visa. I have a PR and since she is my immediate family member, i'm wondering if she would be allowed to Canada with family reunifying as a reason.

If anybody know if reuniting with family counts as an essential reason, please throw some light.

Thanks in advance.

Hi Kalyan,

Your post just made me hopeful about my application. Because I heard they rarely give the spouse of a PR TRV. My husband has a PR and I applied for a TRV to go visit him before we start the proper spousal application. Please I would like to know if your wife was asked to do medicals during her application. I was told to do medical screening too in April. I did it, passed it and it was uploaded and I'm still waiting to hear from the embassy.
I will just like to know if your wife to was asked to do the medicals and what her application was like. Thank you.

kalyan1990

Jul 25, 2017
Hi Kalyan,

Your post just made me hopeful about my application. Because I heard they rarely give the spouse of a PR TRV. My husband has a PR and I applied for a TRV to go visit him before we start the proper spousal application. Please I would like to know if your wife was asked to do medicals during her application. I was told to do medical screening too in April. I did it, passed it and it was uploaded and I'm still waiting to hear from the embassy.
I will just like to know if your wife to was asked to do the medicals and what her application was like. Thank you.
We applied and got
Hi Kalyan,

We applied for a visitor visa and she got it before getting married. Your scenario might be different since you are applying after getting married. And no, she did not do her medical when applying for a TRV.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010

Sakshi21

Star Member
Aug 9, 2017
Hi
Is IRCC processing TRVs for immediate family members now(from today onwards)? I mean can we apply TRV for my parents on family reunite purpose?

sanjanarudrakshi

Jun 13, 2020
Assuming can travel she will need to prove to the checkin agent that she is an immediate family member. Plus on arrival she will need to spend 14 days in quarantine isolated from other family members as far as possible. Note also travel insurance may not provide any cover for anything COVID related or even indirectly related.

Why the urgency for a visit whilst the COVID situation is active as things are only likely to get more restricted in Canada over next few months just seems an unnecessary risk
hi
I am in Canada on a work permit and my husband went to India in December. He had a valid visitor visa until 2024. he applied for a new passport due to a clerical mistake in the spelling of his name and reapplied for a visa in the new passport which got rejected. later I searched and found that his visa was valid and we shouldn't have applied for a visa. how does the rejection affect his valid visa on the old passport? please reply. I've been here alone for the past six months now and I am clueless about the course of action.
thanks