+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

COVID-19 and CoPR/PRV extension !

Marzipan

Mar 18, 2020
Has anyone had any luck so far in trying to force the issue with IRCC with booked travel when requesting an extension?

Jaysingh99120

Star Member
Sep 8, 2020
I’ve possibly read the whole thread but no one has mentioned if anyone got a CoPR extension. If they did, how long did it take?

CoPR expired on June 5.

I raised a webform on 18th Aug and got the email About verification of details and forwarding my details to concerned office on 24th Aug. I attached:
1. Confirmed one way ticket
2. Confirmed accommodation for quarantine
3. Details of the person doing my medical and grocery while I’m in quarantine
4. Plan of how to get to the location
5. Resignation letter to show I’m not doing soft landing and will be looking for a full time job to settle there

what is the way forward from here? Flight is booked for Sept 26.
Did you get any sort of reply. I mean did they issued new COPR or you are travelling on Expired COPR only. I wish you all the very best if you are onboarding flight on coming saturday

Reactions: BillyWescott

Jaysingh99120

Star Member
Sep 8, 2020
hi..i am also waiting for the confirmation to travel after raising the ready to travel webform..my copr expired on 14 may..i got reply on 5 aug tht they have verified the info n have forwarded request to responsible office but no reply have come yet..have also attached my travel ticket .i have my flight in one day 21aug..dont know wat to do..waiting impatiently.
Did you got any reply or you are already in Canada now

Reactions: BillyWescott

mnmtkr_18

Star Member
Oct 10, 2018
Category........
FSW
App. Filed.......
09-06-2018
AOR Received.
09-06-2018
Med's Done....
22-06-2018
VISA ISSUED...
02-01-2020
Did you get any sort of reply. I mean did they issued new COPR or you are travelling on Expired COPR only. I wish you all the very best if you are onboarding flight on coming saturday
The only reply i got was that my file was transferred to the responsible office.
When i contacted them again, they said the file is in queue and they can't promise how long will it be, but no further documents or action required from my end.

I have no idea what that means and what to do with my ticket and accommodation.

Jaysingh99120

Star Member
Sep 8, 2020
Hello

In the same boat, with CoPR expiring on Oct 10. Optimism dwindling with no respense from IRCC on people in our condition.

Had raised a webform, since they have shortened the 'Place of Birth' on CoPR, but from what I've read on other dcussison on this forum, I don;t think that should be an issue, so not fretting over their lack of a response. Raised an 'Unable to Travel' webform yesterday, hoping to get a reply in 5-10 days. Let's see how that goes. Hopefully the end of Sept. will bring in some positive news.
Have you get any response from IRCC.. or you have already raised webform about not ok to Travel at this moment

sudhach91

Star Member
Mar 2, 2019
Hyderabad , India
Hi everyone. Is there anyone here who's COPR and PRV expired and residing in India and raised the webform with settlement plans and got a revert or ETA to travel?
Raised 'ready to travel' webform on aug 28th along with job offer letter , quarantine plan etc. Waiting impatiently for their response. I have to join my job by Oct 26. We emailed to NDVO as well and called them twice, They said it will take minimum 30 working days...!! God knows if its true or not...

Jaysingh99120

Star Member
Sep 8, 2020
Raised 'ready to travel' webform on aug 28th along with job offer letter , quarantine plan etc. Waiting impatiently for their response. I have to join my job by Oct 26. We emailed to NDVO as well and called them twice, They said it will take minimum 30 working days...!! God knows if its true or not...
I got an update is that they have extended travel restriction till 31st October now. Not sure if that is applicable to you or now.

Jaysingh99120

Star Member
Sep 8, 2020
Can you please share with me the email id of NDVO office and phone number please. I want to send my details to them

Jaysingh99120

Star Member
Sep 8, 2020
The only reply i got was that my file was transferred to the responsible office.
When i contacted them again, they said the file is in queue and they can't promise how long will it be, but no further documents or action required from my end.

I have no idea what that means and what to do with my ticket and accommodation.
where did you contacted to them, I mean have you send an email to them or phone call

AD94

Star Member
Mar 3, 2019
I recieved my COPR before 18 March and my Visa expired on 2 June. I am planning to travel to Edmonton, Canada on 15th October. My ticket and the place for quarantine is booked. I have raised the web form on 15th September regarding the same that I am ready to travel with all the details. Still there is no response from the other side. How long do they take for response? Is there any chances for negative response?

Reactions: Jaysingh99120