+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

COVID-19 and CoPR/PRV extension !

JNS1214

Star Member
Mar 19, 2019
Thanks for replying @ umyla2 .
I really appreciate your help but I would like to reconfirm that are you sure I can travel without any electronic authorised letter as I received PR on 19 march and my CoPR states " NOT VALID TO TRAVEL".
Thanks again.
If your COPR issued after 18th March than you can not travel. if you live in USA than you can travel.

Reactions: Sharan083

vijay1106

Sep 1, 2020
I would like to request for extension of my COPR validity which is expiring on October 10th. Can you please let me know what should be my application type in the IRCC webform? it does not have an obvious choice of COPR extension there.

Reactions: sagarshah

mnmtkr_18

Star Member
Oct 10, 2018
Category........
FSW
App. Filed.......
09-06-2018
AOR Received.
09-06-2018
Med's Done....
22-06-2018
VISA ISSUED...
02-01-2020
I’ve possibly read the whole thread but no one has mentioned if anyone got a CoPR extension. If they did, how long did it take?

CoPR expired on June 5.

I raised a webform on 18th Aug and got the email About verification of details and forwarding my details to concerned office on 24th Aug. I attached:
1. Confirmed one way ticket
2. Confirmed accommodation for quarantine
3. Details of the person doing my medical and grocery while I’m in quarantine
4. Plan of how to get to the location
5. Resignation letter to show I’m not doing soft landing and will be looking for a full time job to settle there

what is the way forward from here? Flight is booked for Sept 26.

Reactions: Amrithravi

Amrithravi

Apr 17, 2019
I’ve possibly read the whole thread but no one has mentioned if anyone got a CoPR extension. If they did, how long did it take?

CoPR expired on June 5.

I raised a webform on 18th Aug and got the email About verification of details and forwarding my details to concerned office on 24th Aug. I attached:
1. Confirmed one way ticket
2. Confirmed accommodation for quarantine
3. Details of the person doing my medical and grocery while I’m in quarantine
4. Plan of how to get to the location
5. Resignation letter to show I’m not doing soft landing and will be looking for a full time job to settle there

what is the way forward from here? Flight is booked for Sept 26.
Hello Brother. So you initially informed them that you are ready to travel and then once you got a response you attached these details ?

mnmtkr_18

Star Member
Oct 10, 2018
Category........
FSW
App. Filed.......
09-06-2018
AOR Received.
09-06-2018
Med's Done....
22-06-2018
VISA ISSUED...
02-01-2020
Hello Brother. So you initially informed them that you are ready to travel and then once you got a response you attached these details ?
No no
I went thoroughly through the website and some groups here and realised these were the things IRCC was requesting. So instead of waiting for the email to send these documents, I attached it all in the first go only.

I just want to know how long does it take from this step onwards.

Do you have any update on your form, if you raised any?

Reactions: Amrithravi

mnmtkr_18

Star Member
Oct 10, 2018
Category........
FSW
App. Filed.......
09-06-2018
AOR Received.
09-06-2018
Med's Done....
22-06-2018
VISA ISSUED...
02-01-2020
Y
I would like to request for extension of my COPR validity which is expiring on October 10th. Can you please let me know what should be my application type in the IRCC webform? it does not have an obvious choice of COPR extension there.
You need to choose what kind of application did you file for. I chose Permanent Residency (online).
I think it narrows down their work to spot your file.

Amrithravi

Apr 17, 2019
No no
I went thoroughly through the website and some groups here and realised these were the things IRCC was requesting. So instead of waiting for the email to send these documents, I attached it all in the first go only.

Oh got it. Not yet bro. I'm gathering documents again now to give IRCC a clear picture on my plans to stay there for a long time. I have asked people on few other groups, if they have got any response. I shall keep you posted. Hopefully you get yours before 26th Sept. Good luck brother.

mnmtkr_18

Star Member
Oct 10, 2018
Category........
FSW
App. Filed.......
09-06-2018
AOR Received.
09-06-2018
Med's Done....
22-06-2018
VISA ISSUED...
02-01-2020
Oh got it. Not yet bro. I'm gathering documents again now to give IRCC a clear picture on my plans to stay there for a long time. I have asked people on few other groups, if they have got any response. I shall keep you posted. Hopefully you get yours before 26th Sept. Good luck brother.
Thanks a lot.
I could really use some motivation and positive words right now.

But what do you mean gathering the documents again?

Marzipan

Mar 18, 2020
No no

For a rough idea on how long it's taking, I advised I was ready to travel at the start of June and I'm still waiting. They've had my supporting documents since the start of July and all they can tell me is that they can confirm receipt of the documents and that they've been received by the relevant office. This is with an active job offer including a relocation package.

mnmtkr_18

Star Member
Oct 10, 2018
Category........
FSW
App. Filed.......
09-06-2018
AOR Received.
09-06-2018
Med's Done....
22-06-2018
VISA ISSUED...
02-01-2020
For a rough idea on how long it's taking, I advised I was ready to travel at the start of June and I'm still waiting. They've had my supporting documents since the start of July and all they can tell me is that they can confirm receipt of the documents and that they've been received by the relevant office. This is with an active job offer including a relocation package.
So you’ve been waiting to start your job since July? The company is still counting? That’s actually commendable.
What about the follow up emails to ircc?

Why’re they being so slow and lazy about it when we’ve already spent the money and they’ve exempted the CoPR holders..!

This is so disheartening, discouraging and demotivating.

Amrithravi

Apr 17, 2019
So you’ve been waiting to start your job since July? The company is still counting? That’s actually commendable.
What about the follow up emails to ircc?

Why’re they being so slow and lazy about it when we’ve already spent the money and they’ve exempted the CoPR holders..!

This is so disheartening, discouraging and demotivating.
Exactly.

Jaysingh99120

Star Member
Sep 8, 2020
Hello All,

I was been Issued visa on 20th march and my COPR is getting expired on 30th Oct. There is little Typographical error on COPR which I have raised WEB Form in May 2020 but No RESPONSE as of now. Its almost like 4 months now. Extremely frustrating.

Are you guys see any optimistic news that I can book ticket since according to latest guideline Travel restriction extended till 30th Sept.

Is it anyone whose COPR was issued after 18th March 2020.

Thanks

Reactions: Copernicus