Category........
Visa Office......
Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
OINP
Its clearly mentioned that soft landings are not permitted at this time. If you do a soft landing they cannot stop you from going back but it may(not mandatory) add neagtive remarks for future travels and PR/citizenship related things as you just defied the countries rule. So if someone plans to travel back make sure you have a valid and convincing reason to tell. Thats my understanding...

johnsonjam

May 12, 2019
Hi guys!

I was not able to board the flight, the check in counter had to pre-screen with CBSA.
I had my valid COPR, 14 day self isolation hotel booked, proof of fund and that I will be staying with my friends afterwards as I settle down in Canada.
However, CBSA wants to see if I have any leasing agreement or job offer, which I do not have as I plan to find a job after I land.
I was prepared to stay in Canada until I get my PR card, but they did not let me board the flight in the end.

I am not so sure how to prove I am moving there permanently...

ankurgupta325

Star Member
Jan 11, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
OINP
Hi guys!

I was not able to board the flight, the check in counter had to pre-screen with CBSA.
I had my valid COPR, 14 day self isolation hotel booked, proof of fund and that I will be staying with my friends afterwards as I settle down in Canada.
However, CBSA wants to see if I have any leasing agreement or job offer, which I do not have as I plan to find a job after I land.
I was prepared to stay in Canada until I get my PR card, but they did not let me board the flight in the end.

Oh Well. That sucks ! :( No body will give you job before landing. Hope you got the flight refund or something. From what happened to you it seems it's better to get an eTA before booking flights or hotel :s

johnsonjam

May 12, 2019
Oh Well. That sucks ! :( No body will give you job before landing. Hope you got the flight refund or something. From what happened to you it seems it's better to get an eTA before booking flights or hotel :s
indeed it sucks, flight should be ok with refund. I am actually from Taiwan, so eTA is actually not required for landing as an immigrant. This purely a judgement made by the CBSA, I am not quite sure how to convince them that’s all.

dashing_warrior

Star Member
Jul 2, 2019
Hi guys!

I am sorry to hear this. Was your COPR issued before March, 18th?

ankurgupta325

Star Member
Jan 11, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
OINP
indeed it sucks, flight should be ok with refund. I am actually from Taiwan, so eTA is actually not required for landing as an immigrant. This purely a judgement made by the CBSA, I am not quite sure how to convince them that’s all.
That's good that at least flight refund is not a problem. It's extremely difficult to get a job without landing. I tried really hard back in March and was able to line-up 5 final interview rounds in the last week of March. Even after my interviews went great they still wanted to meet me in person once in final interview round. So getting a job offer from outside is quite difficult.

Only things i could think of is getting an eTA before trying again. with an eTA from Canada airlines will allow to board.

johnsonjam

May 12, 2019
I am sorry to hear this. Was your COPR issued before March, 18th?
Yes, my COPR was issued before March 18th... so this is the part that gets me. While they encourage ppl to move and settle down but we havent had any instruction of how to "prove" we are moving permanently... so...

johnsonjam

May 12, 2019
That's good that at least flight refund is not a problem. It's extremely difficult to get a job without landing. I tried really hard back in March and was able to line-up 5 final interview rounds in the last week of March. Even after my interviews went great they still wanted to meet me in person once in final interview round. So getting a job offer from outside is quite difficult.

Only things i could think of is getting an eTA before trying again. with an eTA from Canada airlines will allow to board.
I get it, it's almost next to impossible to get a job offer like that. I can also understand if I were the employer, it would be difficult for me to extend a job offer if I have not actually interviewed the candidate in person.

Things are just really tricky now and not exactly consistent...

elvaxiaobai

Jul 27, 2019
App. Filed.......
30-10-2019
AOR Received.
20-11-2019
Med's Done....
16-11-2019
I get it, it's almost next to impossible to get a job offer like that. I can also understand if I were the employer, it would be difficult for me to extend a job offer if I have not actually interviewed the candidate in person.

Things are just really tricky now and not exactly consistent...
did you actually have a return ticket booked? and just want to do soft landing to get PR card then come back?

Reactions: Dilshant88

Harsha009

Star Member
May 15, 2019
NOC Code......
Hi guys!

This is depressing . How can they deny you when you have your COPR issued before 18th of March ? have you been denied entry at Taiwan immigration or in canada airport ? many of them have landed successfully in recent days with only Valid COPR issued before March 18th ..I'm traveling next week too ..

ARookie

Star Member
Apr 1, 2020
So what exactly does the COPR extension look like? Do we need to mail our passports again for a new visa? Do we need new medical exams and police certificates? Thanks.

Reactions: Nimz10

losttsinelas

Mar 22, 2018
Hi guys!

Hey johnsonjam! Yours is a curious case as I recently flew in from Taiwan as well. Which airline did you book with? I didn't have any issues when I checked-in with China Airlines as I explained that all I had with me in lieu of a PR Card was the CoPR. They just discussed among themselves and verified whether that was correct. I was also not required to present any job offer or whatnot. Were you able to talk to CBSA directly or did the check-in staff do all of the talking?

johnsonjam

May 12, 2019
Hey johnsonjam! Yours is a curious case as I recently flew in from Taiwan as well. Which airline did you book with? I didn't have any issues when I checked-in with China Airlines as I explained that all I had with me in lieu of a PR Card was the CoPR. They just discussed among themselves and verified whether that was correct. I was also not required to present any job offer or whatnot. Were you able to talk to CBSA directly or did the check-in staff do all of the talking?
Indeed, I tried again 2 days later and I am now in Canada. The check in was still horrible, let me share my story.
So after the first attempt, I cancelled my round trip ticket and purchased a one way ticket and give it another go. The airline I flew with was EVA.

So this time I came prepared, I even had letter of explanation, a letter from my friend that says he will let me stay at his place and so on. But honestly we don't really need all these after we have obtained COPR, especially under express entry.

Again they took all the documents and took them forever (1 hr) to come back to me saying that they are not sure if my entry will be cleared in Canada and hence would like to have me purchase another ticket just in case my entry is denied. At this point, I am quite puzzled because I had a round trip ticket 2 days ago and yet I was denied to board. I bought a ticket anyway because I would need it sooner or later and the price is actually not bad, although I was far from pleased. But the best is yet to come, I was about to get my boarding pass after showing them I bought another one way ticket for return; they said "stop"! I seriously don't know what's going on and someone said that if I have a return ticket then CBSA in Canada would even more likely to deny me entry and ask me to refund the ticket again. By now, I am not sure what to think anymore and by now I am not even sure if it is CBSA that they are corresponding anymore because if it was CBSA then it is way too unprofessional and incapable. EVA helped me refund the ticket and I finally got the boarding pass with a consent form stating that EVA will not be responsible if I am denied for entry in Canada.

FLYING- thinking could it be possible that I get denied entry? Doesn't sound right as I have all the right doc.

Landed in Vancouver, cleared the first custom, didn't ask me anything. Took my COPR to the immigration counter only to find there are 6 officers there chatting and having fun until i ruined their moment perhaps. One of them came to me and took my paper away to process and came back 10 mins later to ask me to fill out the address for PR card and I am good to go. Oh and told me to make sure I self isolate for 14 days. Voila, that's it.

I have no idea what the fuzz is all about at check in, but all is well and I am self isolating as we speak.

Speaking of which, where are you located in Canada?

johnsonjam

May 12, 2019
Oh and I didn't speak to CBSA directly, I am now suspecting they weren't speaking to CBSA at all, maybe just discussing among themselves only...

losttsinelas

Mar 22, 2018
Indeed, I tried again 2 days later and I am now in Canada. The check in was still horrible, let me share my story.
So after the first attempt, I cancelled my round trip ticket and purchased a one way ticket and give it another go. The airline I flew with was EVA.

So this time I came prepared, I even had letter of explanation, a letter from my friend that says he will let me stay at his place and so on. But honestly we don't really need all these after we have obtained COPR, especially under express entry.

Again they took all the documents and took them forever (1 hr) to come back to me saying that they are not sure if my entry will be cleared in Canada and hence would like to have me purchase another ticket just in case my entry is denied. At this point, I am quite puzzled because I had a round trip ticket 2 days ago and yet I was denied to board. I bought a ticket anyway because I would need it sooner or later and the price is actually not bad, although I was far from pleased. But the best is yet to come, I was about to get my boarding pass after showing them I bought another one way ticket for return; they said "stop"! I seriously don't know what's going on and someone said that if I have a return ticket then CBSA in Canada would even more likely to deny me entry and ask me to refund the ticket again. By now, I am not sure what to think anymore and by now I am not even sure if it is CBSA that they are corresponding anymore because if it was CBSA then it is way too unprofessional and incapable. EVA helped me refund the ticket and I finally got the boarding pass with a consent form stating that EVA will not be responsible if I am denied for entry in Canada.

FLYING- thinking could it be possible that I get denied entry? Doesn't sound right as I have all the right doc.

Landed in Vancouver, cleared the first custom, didn't ask me anything. Took my COPR to the immigration counter only to find there are 6 officers there chatting and having fun until i ruined their moment perhaps. One of them came to me and took my paper away to process and came back 10 mins later to ask me to fill out the address for PR card and I am good to go. Oh and told me to make sure I self isolate for 14 days. Voila, that's it.

I have no idea what the fuzz is all about at check in, but all is well and I am self isolating as we speak.

Speaking of which, where are you located in Canada?
Quite the ordeal, but I'm glad to know you're here now.

I'm currently in North Vancouver. I finished my 14-day isolation on 7/31. How about you? If you need help with anything, let me know. It's nice to know someone else who flew in from Taiwan.