+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

COVID-19 and CoPR/PRV extension !

johnsonjam

May 12, 2019
It is very unlikely that they were in contact with CBSA.
It is indeed nice to see a fellow immigrant from Taiwan as well. I am having my self isolation downtown right now, so far so good, fingers crossed that I don't run into other peculiar scenarios.

aadhi90

May 12, 2019
Hi everyone. Is there anyone here who's COPR and PRV expired and residing in India and raised the webform with settlement plans and got a revert or ETA to travel?

Reactions: sudhach91

simwas

Star Member
Oct 25, 2019
Hi everyone. Is there anyone here who's COPR and PRV expired and residing in India and raised the webform with settlement plans and got a revert or ETA to travel?
hi..i am also waiting for the confirmation to travel after raising the ready to travel webform..my copr expired on 14 may..i got reply on 5 aug tht they have verified the info n have forwarded request to responsible office but no reply have come yet..have also attached my travel ticket .i have my flight in one day 21aug..dont know wat to do..waiting impatiently.

simwas

Star Member
Oct 25, 2019
Quite the ordeal, but I'm glad to know you're here now.

I'm currently in North Vancouver. I finished my 14-day isolation on 7/31. How about you? If you need help with anything, let me know. It's nice to know someone else who flew in from Taiwan.
hi dear...could you please tell me how long ircc took to respond to ready to travel webform..i have my flight in one day 21 aug but no response has come from ircc.my copr expired on 14 may..i am from india.

aadhi90

May 12, 2019
hi..i am also waiting for the confirmation to travel after raising the ready to travel webform..my copr expired on 14 may..i got reply on 5 aug tht they have verified the info n have forwarded request to responsible office but no reply have come yet..have also attached my travel ticket .i have my flight in one day 21aug..dont know wat to do..waiting impatiently.
Oh, I'm really sorry to hear that. Did you receive an email from them asking for all the attachments required for the extension i.e confirmed ticket, quarantine plan and lease agreement etc.?

simwas

Star Member
Oct 25, 2019
Oh, I'm really sorry to hear that. Did you receive an email from them asking for all the attachments required for the extension i.e confirmed ticket, quarantine plan and lease agreement etc.?
hi thanks for your response.i have not received any email asking for these attachments but we attached the ticket while raising webform..

aadhi90

May 12, 2019
hi thanks for your response.i have not received any email asking for these attachments but we attached the ticket while raising webform..
Oh because I did get a separate email asking for all these details and it also mentioned that I should respond within the next 10 days of receiving the email. They asked some routine questions to be answered and these attachments as proof.

Marzipan

Mar 18, 2020
For informational purposes, this has been our experience to date (UK based) - our COPRs expired end of May, we advised IRCC on June 3rd that we were ready to travel, we received a response on July 2nd and were asked to provide proof of being able to meet the current travel requirements (https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/operational-bulletins-manuals/service-delivery/coronavirus/permanent-residence.html). We submitted the relevant supporting documents same day, and they confirmed receipt of said documents on July 14th and that they had been forwarded to the responsible office for their consideration. We have yet to get any feedback on when we might be allowed to travel, despite chasing for further information (as we have job offers that are at risk with extended delays).

I'd personally recommend those seeking to travel/getting COPR extensions to read through the current travel requirements and any relevant exemptions, as well as prepare for it to take quite some time to come through due to IRCC staffing levels and processing priorities being affected.

shivassul

Aug 17, 2020
hi any one got update regarding Copr extension bcz my family copr expired on june 10th . I raise the web but still I didn't get any reply

Marzipan

Mar 18, 2020
To update on my last post, this page is the most recent IRCC information update with regards to Covid-19 travel; If we already approved your permanent resident application

The IRCC Twitter feed (whilst mostly reposts of information we're already aware of) has this update from Aug 15 - "Unfortunately, we're unable to provide timelines on processing CoPR extensions. Our offices across the country are re-opening and we continue to work as quickly as possible to process applications we have received during the pandemic. (1/2) We will send an electronic authorization letter with further instructions on travelling to Canada and landing as a PR once we have assessed whether travel exemptions have been met. Learn more: https://canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/coronavirus-covid19/immigration-applicants.html#approved-expire… (2/2)". Hopefully this will mean we will receive some useful responses soon and finally be able to travel (note that the link is the same as above, just that the first link goes straight to the relevant section on the page).

nightsun

Jul 11, 2020
It is indeed nice to see a fellow immigrant from Taiwan as well. I am having my self isolation downtown right now, so far so good, fingers crossed that I don't run into other peculiar scenarios.
How did your quarantine go? Did you return to Taiwan afterwards? Curious what your post-quarantine trip experience was like.

Sharan083

Star Member
Jul 6, 2019
Hi everyone,
My CoPR is valid till 29 sept. I am willing to travel before it gets expired. Based on the information I got from this forum, there are few things I would like to get cleared .

1. For raising a webform ' ready to travel', Is it necessary to book flight ticket to provide details ? Is it seem advisable to book ticket in this scenario as people are not even getting their refund?

2. How to prove settlement plan if I am going to stay with a friend. What would be the letter format?

Please provide your valuable guidance as I am also very confused likes others.
Thanks in advance.

umyla2

Apr 18, 2017
Hi everyone,
My CoPR is valid till 29 sept. I am willing to travel before it gets expired. Based on the information I got from this forum, there are few things I would like to get cleared .

1. For raising a webform ' ready to travel', Is it necessary to book flight ticket to provide details ? Is it seem advisable to book ticket in this scenario as people are not even getting their refund?

2. How to prove settlement plan if I am going to stay with a friend. What would be the letter format?

Please provide your valuable guidance as I am also very confused likes others.
Thanks in advance.

1. If you travel before your COPR is expired then " ready to travel " webform does not apply for you. It is only for people who have their COPR expired and now looking to request extension.

2. You just need to have your proof of funds, COPR and Immigrant visa for travelling to CANADA. ( settlement plan is not required for VALID COPRs ), but quarentine plan "YES"

Reactions: sagarshah

Sharan083

Star Member
Jul 6, 2019
1. If you travel before your COPR is expired then " ready to travel " webform does not apply for you. It is only for people who have their COPR expired and now looking to request extension.

2. You just need to have your proof of funds, COPR and Immigrant visa for travelling to CANADA. ( settlement plan is not required for VALID COPRs ), but quarentine plan "YES"
Thanks for replying @ umyla2 .
I really appreciate your help but I would like to reconfirm that are you sure I can travel without any electronic authorised letter as I received PR on 19 march and my CoPR states " NOT VALID TO TRAVEL".
Thanks again.