+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

COVID-19 and CoPR/PRV extension !

BillyWescott

May 24, 2019
I feel you man! I think most likely, they will extend the CoPR. Atleast, that is what it seems like according to the information letters they are handing out. I'm in the same boat with my CoPR expiring June so I had requested for an extension. The risk of not extending it seems almost nil.
Just worried they would somehow start pulling up stuff like they do in the US with a global freeze on PR and visa issuances.

kpatel1988

Star Member
Jun 16, 2020
Just worried they would somehow start pulling up stuff like they do in the US with a global freeze on PR and visa issuances.
I think canada has a much more sensible administration with the people in charge having a more flexible and balanced view of the situation at large so this isn't something I'd be too worried about, but that's just my two cents.

Kay Cee

Apr 20, 2020
Hi, can someone please confirm which header is to be used while filling the webform? The only relevant one that I can see is 'Permanent Residence - Applied Online'.

Kay Cee

Apr 20, 2020
Hi
Please can you advice which header did you use from the web form drop down ?
there is no heading for covid 19 or copr extension .
And did yoy get a response ?
Thanks
Hi, I'm in a similar predicament. Did you find the answer you were looking for? Thanks and regards.

Shariq78

Jun 14, 2018
Hi,
Has anyone raised the 'ready to travel' webform yet? Please share the IRCCs response. I have heard they are asking for additional documents including resignation letters or school withdrawal letter for children. Dont know how true that is.

kpatel1988

Star Member
Jun 16, 2020
Hi,
Has anyone raised the 'ready to travel' webform yet? Please share the IRCCs response. I have heard they are asking for additional documents including resignation letters or school withdrawal letter for children. Dont know how true that is.
Where did you hear this?

Shariq78

Jun 14, 2018
Where did you hear this?
Someone i met online had a friend and he shared his experience. Although its not an official information, it just made me worried. My copr expired on 11th June and i raised the webform on 2nd July that im now ready to travel. I would like to know if someone has received a reply yet after raising the webform for ready to travel. IRCCs tweets show that they will share steps in coming weeks. Has anyone received a reply from IRCC? Has anyone got their copr extended without providing any additional documents?

Reactions: kpatel1988

kpatel1988

Star Member
Jun 16, 2020
Someone i met online had a friend and he shared his experience. Although its not an official information, it just made me worried. My copr expired on 11th June and i raised the webform on 2nd July that im now ready to travel. I would like to know if someone has received a reply yet after raising the webform for ready to travel. IRCCs tweets show that they will share steps in coming weeks. Has anyone received a reply from IRCC? Has anyone got their copr extended without providing any additional documents?
There's no real clarity on anything right now! My COPR expired on 20th june and I haven't raise the form yet. Would be helpful if you could let us know on the steps that you receive so there can be some clarity

Last edited:

Shariq78

Jun 14, 2018
There's no real clarity on anything right now! My COPR expired on 20th june and I haven't raise the form yet. Would be helpful if you could let us know on the steps that you receive
The first webform i raised about not being able to travel, i received reply in 5 days which was very generic that they have made verifications and forwarded my query to the concerned department. I havent received the reply for 'ready to travel' form.

kpatel1988

Star Member
Jun 16, 2020
The first webform i raised about not being able to travel, i received reply in 5 days which was very generic that they have made verifications and forwarded my query to the concerned department. I havent received the reply for 'ready to travel' form.
I recieved the same message you said in my mail and then I got a generic information letter whose details have been shared in this forum. Have you noticed any difference in your GKEY login IRCC page?

Shariq78

Jun 14, 2018
I recieved the same message you said in my mail and then I got a generic information letter whose details have been shared in this forum. Have you noticed any difference in your GKEY login IRCC page?
I havent checked my gckey login yet. Will let u know. What was in the generic information letter?

Shariq78

Jun 14, 2018
No change in my gckey login page. It just says document expired.

DC888

Star Member
May 22, 2020
I'm in the same boat as a few on here - COPR expires on August 6th. We (myself and partner) would have moved permanently this summer but will wait until things improve and keep employment here in UK.

So we had planned to travel just before the 6th and were about to book flights when I read something on another thread with several comments about how, at present, we would not be able to do a soft landing. We were planning on quarantining for 2 weeks then spend a few days to try and get bank accounts etc set up. We really want to land before our expiry as for us, getting medicals and police certificates is not that easy and expensive due to where we live (at the top of Scotland). Getting a new police cert from my country of birth is also very difficult at the best of times so it would be impossible just now. From what I have read it is unclear as to whether these will be extended or not, but we really don't want to take that risk. Therefore we are willing and able to travel.

From what I have read on canada.ca and others is that we are allowed to travel for a soft landing. It says if you can travel you should (doesn't specify for relocation only) and if you can't you should fill out a webform. It does say that people in the USA cannot flagpole at the border but it specifies people from USA. It says that if COPR was received before 18th March you are exempt from restrictions - with no caveats within that.

But I have seen people on these forums and tweets from IRCC that travelling to Canada purely to complete PR is not allowed at this time - even though it doesn't specifically say that on any official website that I have seen.

So I am very confused. I would like to get our accom. and flights booked asap as we have work etc to inform of what we are doing.

Also, I see that AirTransat have announced that they are restarting flights direct from UK to Canada at the end of this month. Surely this is a sign that some restrictions will be relaxed soon as these flights surely cannot just be for citizens and PR holders.

If anyone has any other information regarding any of the above from their own research or hearing / speaking to IRCC that would be very helpful.

I did sent a webform to IRCC yesterday describing our situation and if our plan was ok - not to ask for an extension. So I will update if I hear anything useful.

BillyWescott

May 24, 2019
I'm in the same boat as a few on here - COPR expires on August 6th. We (myself and partner) would have moved permanently this summer but will wait until things improve and keep employment here in UK.

So we had planned to travel just before the 6th and were about to book flights when I read something on another thread with several comments about how, at present, we would not be able to do a soft landing. We were planning on quarantining for 2 weeks then spend a few days to try and get bank accounts etc set up. We really want to land before our expiry as for us, getting medicals and police certificates is not that easy and expensive due to where we live (at the top of Scotland). Getting a new police cert from my country of birth is also very difficult at the best of times so it would be impossible just now. From what I have read it is unclear as to whether these will be extended or not, but we really don't want to take that risk. Therefore we are willing and able to travel.

From what I have read on canada.ca and others is that we are allowed to travel for a soft landing. It says if you can travel you should (doesn't specify for relocation only) and if you can't you should fill out a webform. It does say that people in the USA cannot flagpole at the border but it specifies people from USA. It says that if COPR was received before 18th March you are exempt from restrictions - with no caveats within that.

But I have seen people on these forums and tweets from IRCC that travelling to Canada purely to complete PR is not allowed at this time - even though it doesn't specifically say that on any official website that I have seen.

So I am very confused. I would like to get our accom. and flights booked asap as we have work etc to inform of what we are doing.

Also, I see that AirTransat have announced that they are restarting flights direct from UK to Canada at the end of this month. Surely this is a sign that some restrictions will be relaxed soon as these flights surely cannot just be for citizens and PR holders.

If anyone has any other information regarding any of the above from their own research or hearing / speaking to IRCC that would be very helpful.

I did sent a webform to IRCC yesterday describing our situation and if our plan was ok - not to ask for an extension. So I will update if I hear anything useful.
Hey I'm in pretty much the same situatiom but haven't raised a webform yet. Copr expires August 8.

Have you got a response from IRCC re. extension yet?

Are you not a bit worried that they might say that you were technically able to travel so since you didn't do it you're CoPR won't be extended?

Reactions: Dilshant88

DC888

Star Member
May 22, 2020
Hey I'm in pretty much the same situatiom but haven't raised a webform yet. Copr expires August 8.

Have you got a response from IRCC re. extension yet?

Are you not a bit worried that they might say that you were technically able to travel so since you didn't do it you're CoPR won't be extended?
No not had a response. I didn't actually ask for an extension. I outlined our plan of going over for 3 weeks at the start of August stating that I would not be able to get another police cert from my country of birth easily. And pointing out that it doesn't say on their website that this should be an issue. But I wanted to make sure as I have read a lot on the other thread and seen twitter messages from IRCC saying that soft landings are not deemed to be essential (currently up until 31st July). I would want to book flights on 4th August but can't wait until the last minute to do this.

Yeah I am worried that the information seems a bit contradictory and I don't want to take that risk. I would much prefer to travel at the start of August to get everything completed and we will book this once I am confident that we won't run into any problems by only staying a few weeks.

We could extend the COPR as that is allowed if you are 'unwilling' to travel, which would be us if we can't soft land. The COPR I don't think is the problem, its the medicals and police checks, as the only thing I have seen on IRCC website says these still need to be valid. If we have to redo these then it would really put a spanner in our plans.

I will let you know if I hear anything from IRCC on this thread (the other Covid thread is getting a little packed with irrelevant information) - and likewise, if you speak to someone there or find out anything, please share.