Visa Office......
Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
OINP
Hi All

I too got the same reply.its been almost a week and I am still waiting for any further information.

Good day,

Thank you for contacting Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC).

We have received your enquiry concerning your Confirmation of Permanent Residence document that has expired or will soon expire. We are currently making additional verifications in order to respond to your request.

The Government of Canada is closely monitoring the novel coronavirus (COVID-19) and any impacts on IRCC clients. All our efforts are dedicated to answering your concerns as the situation evolves. However, it may take some time before a response is sent to you.

In an effort to reduce duplicate requests, please refrain from sending your enquiry multiple times. Rest assured that we will communicate with you as soon as we have more information.

In the meantime, we invite you to visit our website regularly to obtain the most up-to-date information.

We thank you for your patience in this difficult time.

Sincerely,
Got the same reply. Let's wait till there is any news from MoCA on resuming international flights. Then we can send another webform and email to VO asking for new visa stamping.

Reactions: Canaspirant xyz

ankurgupta325

Star Member
Jan 11, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
OINP
Just received this in email from IRCC:

If your CoPR expires before you are able to travel to Canada:

• If you have not already done so, please contact us using the webform to let us know if you are not able to travel to Canada before your document expires. If you have already done this, we have the information and you don’t need to submit another.
  • You may not get an immediate response to your enquiry indicating the next steps, but we are reviewing all enquiries. IRCC is working hard to determine the next steps for clients in this situation. We’re not sure yet when updates or instructions on this will become available, but we will make sure that they are communicated as soon as next steps are decided on.
  • Please also continue to regularly check on our COVID-19 webpage for updates.
Thank you for your patience during these exceptional circumstances.

Immigration, Refugees, and Citizenship Canada

ankurgupta325

Star Member
Jan 11, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
OINP
My Copr expired on 25th March. I had booked 3 flights. Initially Air China for 18th March,which I changed to Delta for 19th March .But then I cancelled it and preferred to take direct flight so booked Air canada for 21st March.But all this effort and money went in vain due to travel ban in Canada.By the time copr were exempted my copr expired and India put lock down.
So it was impossible for me to travel.I just wish Canada had declared the ban on 15th it cud have saved my 4.5 lakhs stuck with Air Canada as I booked the flight on 15th.I booked thru agent.He says he will adjust it whenever I go and refund the balance amount if ticket is cheaper.Really A Huge lot of money got wasted in the cancellations.Today I realise how I was booking and rebooking like crazy in panic.Just to make sure I reach any how.Well ,I raised 3 web forms.All generic response same as above one.Ditto.
All the best for all of us.
I booked 4 tickets too. Two BA via London and then two with Air India.. that too for me and my wife. Hot refund for one BA flight. Voucher for another BA flight and Air India is not even responding to anything. I booked tickets in panic too. Let's see what happens. We had to do whatever we could. ‍♂

wick_sran

Mar 5, 2012
India
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
04-06-2019
IELTS Request
01-02-2019
Hi, I had a question... When fillling out the webform, what application type do you have to select? I could see 'Permanent Residence (Applied Online)' but I wasn't sure if that was correct.

Thanks in advance.
If you applied online then this is correct option you selected. In case, your application was paper based then you should have explored other options.

minecraftwonderness

Star Member
Dec 24, 2018

• If you have not already done so, please contact us using the webform to let us know if you are not able to travel to Canada before your document expires. If you have already done this, we have the information and you don’t need to submit another.
  • You may not get an immediate response to your enquiry indicating the next steps, but we are reviewing all enquiries. IRCC is working hard to determine the next steps for clients in this situation. We’re not sure yet when updates or instructions on this will become available, but we will make sure that they are communicated as soon as next steps are decided on.

I got the same email. PGP applicants here. COPR expires July. I'm planning to submit the webform around the end of May. Seems like Covid 19 is just beginning and it is probably not worth the risk travelling now.

ankurgupta325

Star Member
Jan 11, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
OINP
I got the same email. PGP applicants here. COPR expires July. I'm planning to submit the webform around the end of May. Seems like Covid 19 is just beginning and it is probably not worth the risk travelling now.
Covid is going to stay. It's not going anywhere. July is still far though. You can wait and see.
Going by trend, situation will be much better in Canada then in India soon. India has just started to pick up in case count(even after relatively strictest lockdown) It's gonna get hell crazy in India by June end or July. Canada will be a lot safer at that time than here in India.

Jan 20, 2019

I'm in a similar situation wrt to my wife but I have time till 16th Jul.
Did you check your CIC account if there have been any changes? Because on this link here (https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/operational-bulletins-manuals/service-delivery/coronavirus/permanent-residence.html#Approved_permanent_residence) it says the application will be re-opened and re-assessed and possibly needs a fresh IME and police clearance.

ankurgupta325

Star Member
Jan 11, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
OINP
I'm in a similar situation wrt to my wife but I have time till 16th Jul.
Did you check your CIC account if there have been any changes? Because on this link here (https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/operational-bulletins-manuals/service-delivery/coronavirus/permanent-residence.html#Approved_permanent_residence) it says the application will be re-opened and re-assessed and possibly needs a fresh IME and police clearance.
Highly unlikely they will ask for police clearance but they will only give Medical extension if your medical review result was M1 or M3. If it's anything else you should be ready for another medical: getting a PCC will be tough as PSks are closed. Latest appintemnt right now is available on 18th in Delhi. My mother's password is pending for police clearance for 2 months now. Policemen just says theya re too busy to work on passports right now :D

Anyways, you can check this link for These Medical result codings,
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/operational-bulletins-manuals/standard-requirements/medical-requirements/assessing/medical-assessment-coding.html

I just checked my profile in CIC and there is no change yet. But as there has been some relaxations in Delhi We can hope for some updates from NDVO now. My father visited embassy(works nearby) just before lockdown started and were able to get direct info regarding "Travel restriction". I will ask him to visit again and try to get some info. I will post if there is any update. You do the same please . Thanks )

Canaspirant xyz

Aug 21, 2018
Delhi NDVO is not yet processing extension request. Though, i saw someone's update in Facebook group with screenshots that their medical were extended by 6 months. Though, NDVO has clearly mentioned that they will contact us once flights resume. So I guess we should wait atleast till lockdown gets over to expect any update from NDVO
That person was indian?Could you pls share link?

Canaspirant xyz

Aug 21, 2018
Covid is going to stay. It's not going anywhere. July is still far though. You can wait and see.
Going by trend, situation will be much better in Canada then in India soon. India has just started to pick up in case count(even after relatively strictest lockdown) It's gonna get hell crazy in India by June end or July. Canada will be a lot safer at that time than here in India.
Exactly.In past one month India has rose from 25k to 60k cases and Canada also at 69k.India will be very soon in the clutches if virus at a large scale given the amount and quality of population in terms if breaking the rules and lack of hygiene.But untill govt starts international flights we will not hear from ircc .I think they should start flights by June Anyways Corona not leaving us this year.

preritkaji

Nov 8, 2017
COPR expires on 24th July 2020
Primary applicant Medicals expire on 25 July 2020
Dependent child Medical expire on 13 August 2020

Already changed my flight to open ticket.
In my case, after a lot of effort I was able to obtain a medical for my daughter from my ex spouse.
Question- When i put a COPR extension request and if re-medicals are required. Would it also mean re-medical for my daughter. This would be very difficult for me. What judgment can we have about this ?
Please share your understanding

Canaspirant xyz

Aug 21, 2018
COPR expires on 24th July 2020
Primary applicant Medicals expire on 25 July 2020
Dependent child Medical expire on 13 August 2020

Already changed my flight to open ticket.
In my case, after a lot of effort I was able to obtain a medical for my daughter from my ex spouse.
Question- When i put a COPR extension request and if re-medicals are required. Would it also mean re-medical for my daughter. This would be very difficult for me. What judgment can we have about this ?
Please share your understanding
If her surveillance code is 1 that is if she is in M1 catagory I don't think they will ask for remedicals.As it is given in their prog delivery instructions to give 6 months extension to most of those fallling in M1 cat.
If ur able to fly before copr exp why dont you fly? Sooner or later we have to take the risk.