+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

COVID-19 and CoPR/PRV extension !

preritkaji

Nov 8, 2017
If her surveillance code is 1 that is if she is in M1 catagory I don't think they will ask for remedicals.As it is given in their prog delivery instructions to give 6 months extension to most of those fallling in M1 cat.
If ur able to fly before copr exp why dont you fly? Sooner or later we have to take the risk.
Yes i fall under M1 category as mentioned in my COPR letter, but it doesn't mention any category for my dependent child ( may be because she is non accompanying).
Yes @Canaspirant xyz i would travel before July 24, if international flights start operations in India.
I am prepared to take it as a challenge, because der is no real timeline to predict when canada will be back to NORMAL, specially economy and job perspective. I feel its better to be in the place and fight through it.

hifzaj

May 13, 2020
Hi everyone,
My family and I are planning to enter Canada in August to fulfill our residency requirements. But now due to the Covid-19 we are unsure of our travel date.
Our PR card expires in 2023. We were told that in order to fulfill the PR card residency requirements we should re-enter this summer. My question for you all is that has the Canadian immigration authorities, implemented any leniency plans keeping the current Covid-19 situation in mind?

Santosh540

Dec 20, 2017
Hello Guys,
Hope all are doing fine. I have got my CoPR/PRV on March 15th 2020 and valid till October 10th 2020. We are from India and family of four members, myself, spouse and two children which includes an infant (11months old). If I am unwilling to travel because of Covid19 risk to my children, am I eligible to apply for CoPR extension ?

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hi everyone,
My family and I are planning to enter Canada in August to fulfill our residency requirements. But now due to the Covid-19 we are unsure of our travel date.
Our PR card expires in 2023. We were told that in order to fulfill the PR card residency requirements we should re-enter this summer. My question for you all is that has the Canadian immigration authorities, implemented any leniency plans keeping the current Covid-19 situation in mind?
No leniency. You must meet the 2 out of 5 years in 5 years from your landing date.

Reactions: Ans123

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hello Guys,
Hope all are doing fine. I have got my CoPR/PRV on March 15th 2020 and valid till October 10th 2020. We are from India and family of four members, myself, spouse and two children which includes an infant (11months old). If I am unwilling to travel because of Covid19 risk to my children, am I eligible to apply for CoPR extension ?
If travel is possible you will be expected to travel by October which is months away . If flights are not running and Canada and your home country are still in lockdown you will only qualify when your COPR expires. There will not be unlimited extensions for covid forever. At some point people will be expected to travel.

Mannrihal

May 17, 2020
Hi everyone
My Copr is expiring on 20th june and, is from india. Am i eligible to avail visa extension? Please guide

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hi everyone
My Copr is expiring on 20th june and, is from india. Am i eligible to avail visa extension? Please guide
Extension are not being given until your COPR expires. Yes I would imagine you will get a 3 month extension unless you try to fly in the next month. Doubt the world will open up enough for an extension not to be granted.

Mannrihal

May 17, 2020
Extension are not being given until your COPR expires. Yes I would imagine you will get a 3 month extension unless you try to fly in the next month. Doubt the world will open up enough for an extension not to be granted.
Will you please guide me what should i do as i don't feel safe right now to move out in this pandemic

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Will you please guide me what should i do as i don't feel safe right now to move out in this pandemic
You will likely get 3 month extension. When flights return you will be expected to land in Canada. You can do a soft landing if you want and return home but Canada can’t give out extensions forever if flights are running and people have returned to work even if it modified work. Canada can’t give out unlimited extensions especially without redoing medicals and security.

Mannrihal

May 17, 2020
You will likely get 3 month extension. When flights return you will be expected to land in Canada. You can do a soft landing if you want and return home but Canada can’t give out extensions forever if flights are running and people have returned to work even if it modified work. Canada can’t give out unlimited extensions especially without redoing medicals and security.
Ok... Thank you for your guidance. I will raise a webform for extension at present and, will move later on.

Canaspirant xyz

Aug 21, 2018
Please raise a webform .Have you booked a ticket till now If yes then attach that ticket with the web form.If not are you in a position to land before copr expiry?You are from which country?

Mannrihal

May 17, 2020
I am from India and, here the flights have been suspended since march... And, i had not been able to book any tickets yet