+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

COVID-19 and CoPR/PRV extension !

hussainzzzz

Sep 26, 2016
Starting this thread for those with Valid CoPR and PRV who wanted to travel but are/were unable to travel due to "Travel Bans/ Flight cancellations" and looking for CoPR/ PRV extension.
Purpose of this thread is to track Web-Form responses from IRCC on extension requests only.

In my case my CoPR expires on 31st March I booked 4 tickets till now.

Couldn't travel on 21st and 24th March Due to Canada Travel restrictions.
Will not be able to travel on 29th, 30th March due to Delhi, India travel Ban till 31st March, which is when my CoPR expires.

I raised web-form request on 17th March but received a very generic response back yesterday on 21st March . I am going to raise another request asking for extension under latest circumstances and will update the developments here.

Fingers crossed !

hussainzzzz

Sep 26, 2016
Dear Ankur,
Did you get refund back for your tickets and which airline did you book? if you have got the refund how much percentage did you get?
kindly inform if you get any response from IRCC.
TIA.

Nikmal

Star Member
May 30, 2018
I am in the same boat. My COPR ie expiring on May 9th and my ticket was cancelled by the airlines. I have not booked another ticket yet, wiaitng for more updates as I still have time. But personally, i don't wish to travel until everything settles down. I have submitted a web form recieved a generic response and dropped an email to Delhi immigration and got an auto reply. Nothing specific yet.

ankurgupta325

Star Member
Jan 11, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
OINP
Dear Ankur,
Did you get refund back for your tickets and which airline did you book? if you have got the refund how much percentage did you get?
kindly inform if you get any response from IRCC.
TIA.
I booked with BA and Air India. I got full refund from BA. But Nothing yet from Air India.

ankurgupta325

Star Member
Jan 11, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
OINP
Hi Ankur and Pankaj
I am also in same boat. My COPR expired on 1st April. I booked tickets on 19th and 20th but unable to travel due to restrictions.
Also i raised web form and received generic reply.

I called the IRCC also but officer on other side was not able to answer it clearly and said that i should refer instructions on web site.

Now as I got stuck in complex situation, questions i m looking for answer -

1. COPR is now included in exemption list till 30th June but does it include expired COPRs also?
2. It is mentioned that if we are ready to travel, again raise a web form. Does it mean first I should raised web form, take concurrence and then plan travel?
3. Any one whose COPR is expired due to travel restrictions, what is their line of thought in current situation?
Hi Buddy

My CoPR expired on 31st March. I booked tickets for 21st and 29th March but couldn't travel.

1. COPR is now included in exemption list till 30th June but does it include expired COPRs also?

Nope you cannot travel with an expired Visa and CoPR. Immigration check in home country won't let you get passed them.

2. It is mentioned that if we are ready to travel, again raise a web form. Does it mean first I should raised web form, take concurrence and then plan travel?

Canada high commission in India gave out a Facebook announcement that people who couldn't travel due to travel restrictions will be contacted once they are working with full staff. Which means once lockdown in India is over. So just wait for reply or send another email or webform once lockdown is over and flights are available again.

3. Any one whose COPR is expired due to travel restrictions, what is their line of thought in current situation?

Raise web form and send email. Wait for lockdown to get over and then raise web form and send email again. Keep passport valid and in ready to submit state.

ankurgupta325

Star Member
Jan 11, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
OINP
Received my webform reply from IRCC

"""""
Good day,

Thank you for contacting Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC).

We have received your enquiry concerning your Confirmation of Permanent Residence document that has expired or will soon expire. We are currently making additional verifications in order to respond to your request.

The Government of Canada is closely monitoring the novel coronavirus (COVID-19) and any impacts on IRCC clients. All our efforts are dedicated to answering your concerns as the situation evolves. However, it may take some time before a response is sent to you.

In an effort to reduce duplicate requests, please refrain from sending your enquiry multiple times. Rest assured that we will communicate with you as soon as we have more information.

In the meantime, we invite you to visit our website regularly to obtain the most up-to-date information.

We thank you for your patience in this difficult time.

Sincerely,""""

This is from IRCC and not from NDVO ( my local VO) . This could be a generic reply but atleast they are processing and have registered my request for extension. Some progress....

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hello all. My family Copr also expires on 3rd May. We have our flights booked on 26th April. I raised extension request two times through web form as i find it unsafe to travel with two kids ( one is an infant ). But i received generic response both the times saying we are under exemption and we can travel to canada now. I think i am going to wait and see if the lockdown in India continues and only then raise a webform again. Do you think it will work if we Email to any other department of immigration, or Mr.Doug Fords office ?
That would likely be considered personal choice since you were advised twice that i5 is possible to travel. You will have to see whether you are granted an exemption.

Canaspirant xyz

Aug 21, 2018

"""""
Good day,

We have received your enquiry concerning your Confirmation of Permanent Residence document that has expired or will soon expire. We are currently making additional verifications in order to respond to your request.

The Government of Canada is closely monitoring the novel coronavirus (COVID-19) and any impacts on IRCC clients. All our efforts are dedicated to answering your concerns as the situation evolves. However, it may take some time before a response is sent to you.

In an effort to reduce duplicate requests, please refrain from sending your enquiry multiple times. Rest assured that we will communicate with you as soon as we have more information.

In the meantime, we invite you to visit our website regularly to obtain the most up-to-date information.

Sincerely,""""

This is from IRCC and not from NDVO ( my local VO) . This could be a generic reply but atleast they are processing and have registered my request for extension. Some progress....
My Copr expired on 25th March. I had booked 3 flights. Initially Air China for 18th March,which I changed to Delta for 19th March .But then I cancelled it and preferred to take direct flight so booked Air canada for 21st March.But all this effort and money went in vain due to travel ban in Canada.By the time copr were exempted my copr expired and India put lock down.
So it was impossible for me to travel.I just wish Canada had declared the ban on 15th it cud have saved my 4.5 lakhs stuck with Air Canada as I booked the flight on 15th.I booked thru agent.He says he will adjust it whenever I go and refund the balance amount if ticket is cheaper.Really A Huge lot of money got wasted in the cancellations.Today I realise how I was booking and rebooking like crazy in panic.Just to make sure I reach any how.Well ,I raised 3 web forms.All generic response same as above one.Ditto.
All the best for all of us.

Gayathri Neelakandan

Apr 6, 2020
Hi friends my visa processing Centre was Ottawa and i have already raised the web form and din't get any reply(even generic or case specific).I am from india.Can i also mail to NDVO or whose Visa processing centre was NDVO only adviced to mail or contact.Please suggest friends.

BTW my copr expiry date is April 30th

REEBU

Jul 8, 2019
HI, please let me know should you receive any update from them. i have raised Web Form too and received a generic response. It is unclear as to what is the status of COPR holders.
Hai, did u get any response. I am also in same situation

REEBU

Jul 8, 2019

"""""
Good day,

Sincerely,""""

I too got a same reply, when is your copr getting expired

sharbin1994

Star Member
Aug 30, 2019

"""""
Good day,

Sincerely,""""

I got the same reply aswell.. my COPR expires on 2nd of may.

Newbie-123

Apr 28, 2019
Dears,
Do I need to raise form only for me(main applicant) or i need to raise separate web form for my family as well.
Thanks.

JagjyotSingh

Star Member
Mar 30, 2020
Mine and my wife's CoPR & PRV expires today. 20th April,2020.

We have attempted to travel couple of times but all in vain. We have also submitted a web form stating all the trouble and our inability to travel due to Coronavirus lockdown and unavailability of any flights.

No reply has been received yet. Waiting to get a response. Will update here as soon as I get one.