+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

COVID-19 and CoPR/PRV extension !

Canaspirant xyz

Aug 21, 2018
I am from India and, here the flights have been suspended since march... And, i had not been able to book any tickets yet
Air India is taking copr holders.If u want you can go with them.othetwise raise a web form giving reason of inability to land.Thought it will take a long time to get extension.

ankurgupta325

Star Member
Jan 11, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
OINP
I got the same email. Is it a standard response to web form query or an approved extension?
This just CIC tellin us that application is forwarded to local VO and that applications will not be rejected and extension will be provided ( some may need to redo medical ). Once we are able to travel we must infrm local VO via webform ( maybe send emails... in my case it always worked faster) that we are ready to travel.... so that local VO can start extension process

canadadreamer2020

May 13, 2020
This just CIC tellin us that application is forwarded to local VO and that applications will not be rejected and extension will be provided ( some may need to redo medical ). Once we are able to travel we must infrm local VO via webform ( maybe send emails... in my case it always worked faster) that we are ready to travel.... so that local VO can start extension process
Hi even when our visa processing centre is inside canada do we need to send the request to the local vo office

Canaspirant xyz

Aug 21, 2018

KirtiP

May 19, 2020
So are you raising web form to tell them that you can travel even when the flights are not operational? Is it advisable to do that? I thought incase we raise a request for next steps and they extend our visa but unfortunately the flights are not operating, then we are putting our chances of extension the second time...any clue of how this would work out?

Canaspirant xyz

Aug 21, 2018
So are you raising web form to tell them that you can travel even when the flights are not operational? Is it advisable to do that? I thought incase we raise a request for next steps and they extend our visa but unfortunately the flights are not operating, then we are putting our chances of extension the second time...any clue of how this would work out?
Delhi immigration is monitoring the situation.They get the notifications from aviation ministery about ban or resumption of flights.They will not take any step unless and untill they are sure we are actually able to travel.Like recently copr holders were allowed on rept flights of Air India but we can't say we are able to travel on that basis.

KirtiP

May 19, 2020
You will likely get 3 month extension. When flights return you will be expected to land in Canada. You can do a soft landing if you want and return home but Canada can’t give out extensions forever if flights are running and people have returned to work even if it modified work. Canada can’t give out unlimited extensions especially without redoing medicals and security.
Just wanted to check whether there is any official communication of COPR getting extended for 3 months or we are just guessing at this point??

going2CA

Sep 16, 2019
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
28-09-2019
Med's Done....
17-10-2019
Passport Req..
09-03-2020
VISA ISSUED...
16-03-2020
LANDED..........
27-8-2020
What information did you give them when asking for extension?
also what was your expiry date?

neeti2090

Feb 8, 2017
Hello,
My parents have COPR expired in April end. They are in India and lockdown is extended till end of May.They cannot travel now because of expired copr and health safety too since it will be long flight. I have raised the webform and received email that your extension request has been forwarded to local visa office.
Anyone in same situation? Did anyone whose copr is expired got their visa extended without redoing medical?