20th March 2014
Passport Req..
4th April 2014 and received on 9 th April at CPPO
VISA ISSUED...
9th April and 15 April received passport to home
LANDED..........
16th April @ Peace Arch bridge, Whiterock, BC
Hello all
Here I would like to write my OCI experience with BLS Toronto office ! It’s really hassle to apply for OCI, the process is not that simple , have to spend lot of time on laptop at end you will have bunch of documents to submit at the BLS. After going there they will show hell and try to rip you off with so many charges

I was in the office in the morning , still need to spend 3 hrs, agent checked everything, looks ok

She charged me $300 for courier fee for my whole family , when I was asked abt the pick up service , she told me no pickup services! I was disappointed and came back home and wrote email to CGI fortunately they forwarded the email to the respective officers and finally after couple of weeks I have got my money back !
Friends, don’t pay the courier fee and ask for pickup if they are not allowing for it please write the email to CGI, for sure they will take the necessary action .
Hope this post helps some one

Reactions: xylene

KRP

Jan 13, 2012
Category........
FSW
LANDED..........
01/02/2011
Firstly one should try their level best to tell the BLS staff very clearly that he or she needs the pick up option.
Courier is not at all compulsory. But again you need to act tough or else they will bill you for courier.

The CGI site states : Courier service- Please note that the courier service provided by BLS is an optional paid service for return of documents and OCI. There is no compulsion for the applicant to pay for the service.

HELP DESK AT CGI TORONTO – For any clarification / query with regard to OCI,
please contact Mr. Hoti Lal, Consul (CPV & OCI) at – cons.toronto@mea.gov.in

Any one ripped apart by BLS dishonest staff should write to Mr. Hoti Lal.
Many emails about this forceful courier package delivery mode will surely make difference.

Reactions: FSWDev

htrak

Jan 7, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-07-2013
AOR Received.
27-09-2013
IELTS Request
Sent with app
Med's Request
03-03-2014
Med's Done....
24-03-2014
Passport Req..
07-04-2014
VISA ISSUED...
01-05-2014
LANDED..........
10-05-2014
This is very valuable information KRP. Thanks for sharing!