+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

courier delivered my document to wrong address WSID ?

MWM

Star Member
Jun 1, 2014
I did my test a month ago , and while in an interview the officer asked for a police certificate from another country I travelled to get it on time , I came back , cic gave me a 30 days to send it from test date , I did and sent it in 29 days via a fast service courier with signature , the problem is while I'm checking the tracking for delivery confirmation I noticed that 2 minutes before delivery it says wrong address , address corrected , delivered .
I don't know why and why he corrected the address while the address is 100000000 % correct on the airway bill ,and correct on the sticker labeled on it .

I called them and checked online status , online status says delivered Montreal , QC only nothing else so I called them ( the courier ) their reply is that the building has several doors so he corrected the address to 1025 Saint Jack instead of 1010 Saint Antoine , now the courier themselves they don't know where its delivered to 1025 saint jack or 1010 saint Antoine , both are cic same building but in different streets , what should I do .

I asked the courier for delivery confirmation address they keep sending delivered Montreal only because they actually don't know where they delivered it what should I do if it is wrong address while my time limit ends today to deliver a document I travelled 22 hours to get it .

Canehdian Girl

Star Member
Aug 26, 2017
I had kind of a similar situation with Canada Post, (not in Montreal), and I called CIC and they said that they have received it. My advice to you is call CIC and tell them what happened. You can also ask for extension of time for more than 30 days, this is what the agent told me when I called before CIC received it. He said that you can send the receipts of courier along with copies of the documents and explain what happened, then ask for an extension and arrange again for the original police certificates in case the other package couldn't be found. Each case is different though, call them its better.
So sorry that you had to travel to get the certificate, hope they will find it very soon
Best of luck !!

btbt

Feb 26, 2018
I did my test a month ago , and while in an interview the officer asked for a police certificate from another country I travelled to get it on time , I came back , cic gave me a 30 days to send it from test date , I did and sent it in 29 days via a fast service courier with signature , the problem is while I'm checking the tracking for delivery confirmation I noticed that 2 minutes before delivery it says wrong address , address corrected , delivered .
I don't know why and why he corrected the address while the address is 100000000 % correct on the airway bill ,and correct on the sticker labeled on it .

I called them and checked online status , online status says delivered Montreal , QC only nothing else so I called them ( the courier ) their reply is that the building has several doors so he corrected the address to 1025 Saint Jack instead of 1010 Saint Antoine , now the courier themselves they don't know where its delivered to 1025 saint jack or 1010 saint Antoine , both are cic same building but in different streets , what should I do .

I asked the courier for delivery confirmation address they keep sending delivered Montreal only because they actually don't know where they delivered it what should I do if it is wrong address while my time limit ends today to deliver a document I travelled 22 hours to get it .
Both addresses are the same building. Most federal government buildings have only a single mail room, so it will have been delivered in the right place. The courier just used a different door and then walked to the same mail room as if they had used the other door.

You have proof of delivery, so it's not like you can't show you did the right thing, in any case, so it's clear you responded in a timely manner to their request.

If you're still worried: you can call IRCC (or, though the response is slower that way, use the web form) and let them know what happened, just so that you know they have it on file as well.

Reactions: Canehdian Girl

MWM

Star Member
Jun 1, 2014
both addresses are on the same building 1010 saint antoine and 1025 saint Jacque , the whole building for cic only no one else , but it has a doors on different streets , so shall I be worried or no ????