+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Country of residence visa expires while study permit in process

fahmede

Jul 23, 2015
I applied for a Canadian study permit while in the US on a J1 visa. If the US visa expires while the permit is under process, can it be denied on these grounds?

The permit is still under process, and my US visa has expired. I had specified that I would leave the US by the first of August in my application under end-date-of-current-country-of-residence. If they open my file now, will it mean automatic rejection? Actually, I recently had my US visa extended a few days back, and now I can legally stay on for 6 more months. Do I need to inform CIC about this?

samroc

Oct 7, 2013
Category........
CEC
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
01-05-2017
Passport Req..
04-07-2017
LANDED..........
10-10-2017
Hi,

This is a very unique situation but I think the best course of action is to update the Canadian embassy/consulate where you applied about the extension of your stay in the US. Make sure to add case specific information that you have for your application. Sorry I can't offer something more insightful. Good Luck

fahmede

Jul 23, 2015
Yes, that's what I did. I sent them a case-specific enquiry stating that my DS-2019 has been extended, and attached the document. I'm hoping this doesn't act as a negative in some unprecedented way.