+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Could I apply for PR under both Express Entry and PNP at the same time?

nri7777

Nov 2, 2019
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Doc's Request.
NA
Nomination.....
NA
AOR Received.
23-12-2019
Thks for the cordial reply; nevertheless, I want to ask you that I heard that there is no need to apply directly in provinces such as Saskatchewan, Quebec and PEI as they have now started to pick aspirants directly from express entry. Is it true?
every province has a different criteria, for some you have to apply and others send noi to your express entry profile. for more info check this link https://moving2canada.com/pnp-canada-live-tracker/

Reactions: Jatinder_singh

nri7777

Nov 2, 2019
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Doc's Request.
NA
Nomination.....
NA
AOR Received.
23-12-2019
Ok. If I apply to a particular province, will it cause any problem to my express entry profile? for instance, won't it leave wrong impression that I am applying on both PNP and express entry.
not at all as I said PNP and EE are connected the only difference is for some provinces you have to make a separate profile on their website. for instance Saskatchewan and PEI.

Jatinder_singh

Star Member
Aug 1, 2019
not at all as I said PNP and EE are connected the only difference is for some provinces you have to make a separate profile on their website. for instance Saskatchewan and PEI.
But dear, Saskatchewan also pick up from express entry pool, means they hold two draw alternately, one from PNP and other from express entry

nri7777

Nov 2, 2019
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Doc's Request.
NA
Nomination.....
NA
AOR Received.
23-12-2019
But dear, Saskatchewan also pick up from express entry pool, means they hold two draw alternately, one from PNP and other from express entry
yes, please read my reply again you have to first make an EE profile and then if needed you have to make another profile for some provinces like Quebec, PEI, Saskatchewan

Reactions: Jatinder_singh

vick1987

Nov 6, 2019
HI ,
I have PNP PR paper based application in process 51% complete , no MR yet , my spouse received the CEC ITA yesterday, Can I process both the application in parallel?

Anyone who has gone through this , please advice?

rgds
Vick

td88

Aug 8, 2019
Hi there, I have the same situation but It's a bit tougher. I was nominated by Nova Scotia Province. I mailed my paper based PR application to CIO in Sydney on April 15th and have not received AOR yet. Paper based application usually takes 18-20 months. Right now, i am eligible for Nova Scotia Experience Express Entry (NS EE) (spent 12 month working here). Can I apply the NS EE?
In the eligible of the stream, there is a line:
Do not apply if you are an individual who has received a nomination under the Nova Scotia Nominee Program dated within the last 12 months.
Do i have to withdraw my paper based PR application to apply for NS EE? Because i know EE would be faster for sure.(6months to get PR after iTA) while it's just too long for paper based.

PS: Nova Scotia Nominee Certificate is not valid for federal EE.

vick1987

Nov 6, 2019
Ye
Hi there, I have the same situation but It's a bit tougher. I was nominated by Nova Scotia Province. I mailed my paper based PR application to CIO in Sydney on April 15th and have not received AOR yet. Paper based application usually takes 18-20 months. Right now, i am eligible for Nova Scotia Experience Express Entry (NS EE) (spent 12 month working here). Can I apply the NS EE?
In the eligible of the stream, there is a line:
Do not apply if you are an individual who has received a nomination under the Nova Scotia Nominee Program dated within the last 12 months.
Do i have to withdraw my paper based PR application to apply for NS EE? Because i know EE would be faster for sure.(6months to get PR after iTA) while it's just too long for paper based.

PS: Nova Scotia Nominee Certificate is not valid for federal EE.
Yes you can and its legal also.When one is finalized other will be cancelled.
Check the Cic website.

Reactions: vuta

saulo.r.m

Jun 2, 2020
Hello! I anyone point the page in the CIC website that states that we can have two applications at same time (PNP - paper-based and EE - CEC) Thank you SOOOOO much

vick1987

Nov 6, 2019
I selected no here because I was not sure as I was applying for pr first time under express entry now I got pr under express entry but my ainp is still running even after withdrawing my file says BG check in progress ....what should I do now I am very worried
HI There,
I am in the same situation like you, was everything went well for you?
Can i apply for ee-cec while my pr-paper based application, nominated through AINP in progress.

rgds
Vivek

sbliss

Aug 29, 2019
Hi there,

My express entry application( AOR - July 1 2020 ) is currently in progress and I passed my medicals recently for this. Before submitting my express entry application, I have sent a paper based application under provincial nomination on April 1st week and it received at Sydney office, Nova Scotia on April 8, 2020 but I didn't get any AOR yet for my paper application. Because of Covid I think they are not processing paper based application like in the same pace of express entry.

My question is "Can I use the same upfront-medical that I used for express entry for my paper application as well" or do I need to give another medical if I get a medical request for my paper application.

Please guide, thanks in advance.

vick1987

Nov 6, 2019
Hi there,

My express entry application( AOR - July 1 2020 ) is currently in progress and I passed my medicals recently for this. Before submitting my express entry application, I have sent a paper based application under provincial nomination on April 1st week and it received at Sydney office, Nova Scotia on April 8, 2020 but I didn't get any AOR yet for my paper application. Because of Covid I think they are not processing paper based application like in the same pace of express entry.

My question is "Can I use the same upfront-medical that I used for express entry for my paper application as well" or do I need to give another medical if I get a medical request for my paper application.

Please guide, thanks in advance.
you can use the same medical.
But u should withdraw your paper based app, u will save full fee since u have not got the aor yet and you EE app is already in process which is pretty much faster than paper based.

Reactions: vuta

sbliss

Aug 29, 2019
you can use the same medical.
But u should withdraw your paper based app, u will save full fee since u have not got the aor yet and you EE app is already in process which is pretty much faster than paper based.

Hi vick1987, thanks for your reply, much appreciated. I am not worried about fees a lot. I would like to keep the paper application as a reserve/safe option untill I get PPR through express entry.