+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Could I apply for PR under both Express Entry and PNP at the same time?

rLahiri

Apr 5, 2018
I have the same question! Called cic yesterday and they said you’re allowed to have both pnp and ee applications, but technical support said because I have an I -progress pnp app linked to my account, it won’t allow me to create ee profile. What to do...?
Hi everyone,I am in the same boat.Will appreciate a suggestion on this.

SaabGill

Sep 18, 2018
Canada
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Edmonton
NOC Code......
B
Job Offer........
Yes
AOR Received.
05/09/18
Med's Done....
26/09/18
The answer is 'Yes' and the number should be your paper-based application number. Good Luck!
Hi just a quick question, what happens if I do have a paper based application (applied first) and EXpress entry (applied after pnp) application but I answered no to the question “have you applied for permanent residency before” please and thank you

ysoh

Sep 28, 2018
hi everyone
can anybody please tell that i already applied for paper based PR application and i linked with my cic account as well. now i want to make EE profile as well but as soon as i linked my current paper based application, the option of express entry is gone now, i can not see any option for express entry.
So do i need to make new seperate GCKEY account for express entry?? is that ok to have two gckey accounts??one for EE and one for paper based??

please reply
Hello Hasan629,
I'm experiencing exactly same issue as yours. I just called cic regarding this issue and he just answered "I don't know. report this to technical team".. I'm so frustrated now... I know it has been a while, but could you please let me know how you figured this issue out?
I'd very appreciate with your reply.

Lovebrar29

Feb 18, 2019
How many points you need to apply for EE if you already have applied for PNP application .
I have 2 years of supervisor experience .

THUKRALD

Jan 31, 2019
Hi all,

My profile is already there in Express entry pool and my CRS is 435 right now. I am waiting for MBA ECA through IQAS. I will be crossing the CRS as soon as i get that but IQAS is quite slow. So,should i wait for that or I should apply for PNP. My profile will expire in june and will have to recreate it after that.

Another question is, if i apply for PNP will i not be eligible for express entry and have to wait for PR though PNP only?

isikburc

Feb 15, 2018
Hey,
I have a paper based pnp in progress linked to my gckey and i am planning to apply to ee next week. Were you able to link your ee application without having any problem while your pnp in progress? Thanks.

Hi just a quick question, what happens if I do have a paper based application (applied first) and EXpress entry (applied after pnp) application but I answered no to the question “have you applied for permanent residency before” please and thank you

isikburc

Feb 15, 2018
Hey ysoh,
I was wondering how you resolved the issue. I have pnp in progress and planning to apply ee in a week. I don't mind withdrawing my pnp but i wonder if i can have ee and paper based pnp on same account without any problems. Please let me know! Thanks.

Hello Hasan629,
I'm experiencing exactly same issue as yours. I just called cic regarding this issue and he just answered "I don't know. report this to technical team".. I'm so frustrated now... I know it has been a while, but could you please let me know how you figured this issue out?
I'd very appreciate with your reply.

Lovebrar29

Feb 18, 2019
Hey,
I have a paper based pnp in progress linked to my gckey and i am planning to apply to ee next week. Were you able to link your ee application without having any problem while your pnp in progress? Thanks.
You can apply EE after applying Paper Based Pnp ,but i am still waiting for my 2 year experience to complete and then i will apply.
Can i ask what is your total score?

isikburc

Feb 15, 2018
I know I can but people mentioned having problem to get ee profile while they have pnp on their account. How did you get EE profile while you have your pnp application in progress on your account?
I went to university in canada and have canadian work experience. I think my score is above 465, gotta calculate again but it should be enough.
You can apply EE after applying Paper Based Pnp ,but i am still waiting for my 2 year experience to complete and then i will apply.
Can i ask what is your total score?

Jatinder_singh

Star Member
Aug 1, 2019
Hi everyone,
I hop you all are doing fine.

Can anyone let me know that do i need to apply separately for PNP programs if my profile is already submitted in express entry.
Any reply will be highly appreciable.

nri7777

Nov 2, 2019
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Doc's Request.
NA
Nomination.....
NA
AOR Received.
23-12-2019
Hi everyone,
I hop you all are doing fine.

Can anyone let me know that do i need to apply separately for PNP programs if my profile is already submitted in express entry.
Any reply will be highly appreciable.
you don't have to apply separately for all the provinces but provinces like Saskatchewan, Quebec and PEI have their own websites where you have to check your eligibility first before making an expression of interest.

Reactions: Jatinder_singh

nri7777

Nov 2, 2019
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Doc's Request.
NA
Nomination.....
NA
AOR Received.
23-12-2019
I think when you submit an application for both PNP and EE you need to also meet criteria of both immigration programs? I also wonder how can we apply for each program at the same time?

thanks
PNP and EE works hand in hand and you have to check with all the provinces with their occupation in demand or whether your NOC is in demand or not. Each province has different eligibility criteria.

Jatinder_singh

Star Member
Aug 1, 2019
you don't have to apply separately for all the provinces but provinces like Saskatchewan, Quebec and PEI have their own websites where you have to check your eligibility first before making an expression of interest.
Thks for the cordial reply; nevertheless, I want to ask you that I heard that there is no need to apply directly in provinces such as Saskatchewan, Quebec and PEI as they have now started to pick aspirants directly from express entry. Is it true?