+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

correcting mistake after PR approved

Sep 19, 2018
I believe the reference is to form IMM 5669, although there no question specifically about being arrested on the form.
You're right, there isn't a single question "have you ever been arrested." In fact, the question asks "Have you ever been convicted of, or are you currently charged with, on trial for, or party to a crime or offence, or subject of any criminal proceedings in any other country or territory?"

The person's concern about not declaring being arrested is unfounded, and should be dismissed. Let's put this to rest.

kuskus

Champion Member
Jun 17, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
You're right, there isn't a single question "have you ever been arrested." In fact, the question asks "Have you ever been convicted of, or are you currently charged with, on trial for, or party to a crime or offence, or subject of any criminal proceedings in any other country or territory?"

The person's concern about not declaring being arrested is unfounded, and should be dismissed. Let's put this to rest.
I have ZERO legal authority/knowledge about this, but my personal opinion is, since the application has been approved, and PCC doesn’t show a record of arrest or conviction, and the form does not specifically ask about arrests, I’d simply leave it alone. I do not believe that this is misrepresentation.

Sep 19, 2018
I have ZERO legal authority/knowledge about this, but my personal opinion is, since the application has been approved, and PCC doesn’t show a record of arrest or conviction, and the form does not specifically ask about arrests, I’d simply leave it alone. I do not believe that this is misrepresentation.
Police clearance certificates don't show records of arrest. They show records of past criminal convictions - being found guilty of a criminal offence.

path2canada20

Jan 1, 2020
@kuskus @canadianboi7919 hey guys not sure why you say there is no such question. It is part of statutory questions :

Has xyz ever committed, been arrested for, been charged with or convicted of any criminal offence in any country?: (required)

kuskus

Champion Member
Jun 17, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
@kuskus @canadianboi7919 hey guys not sure why you say there is no such question. It is part of statutory questions :

Has xyz ever committed, been arrested for, been charged with or convicted of any criminal offence in any country?: (required)
There’s no question about ever been “arrested”, however, taking a further look at it, maybe you ought to have revealed the arrest; because there’s no was one gets arrested without being detained or put in jail - see question ( j ).

a) been convicted of a crime or offence in Canada for which a pardon has not been granted under the Criminal Records Act of Canada?
b) been convicted of, or are you currently charged with, on trial for, or party to a crime or offence, or subject of any criminal proceedings in any other
country?
c) made previous claims for refugee protection in Canada or at a Canadian visa office abroad, in any other country or countries, or with the United
Nations High Commissioner for Refugees (UNHCR)?
d) been refused refugee status, an immigrant or permanent resident visa (including a Certificat de sélection du Québec (CSQ) or application to the
Provincial Nominee Program) or visitor or temporary resident visa, to Canada or any other country?
e) been refused admission to, or ordered to leave, Canada or any other country?
f) been involved in an act of genocide, a war crime or in the commission of a crime against humanity?
g) used, planned or advocated the use of armed struggle or violence to reach political, religious or social objectives?
h) been associated with a group that used, uses, advocated or advocates the use of armed struggle or violence to reach political, religious or social
objectives?
i) been member of an organization that is or was engaged in an activity that is part of a pattern of criminal activity?
j) been detained, incarcerated or put in jail?
k) had any serious disease or physical or mental disorder?

Reactions: SUMO2385

path2canada20

Jan 1, 2020
@kuskus I answered no but disclosed it after the approval via CSE. Is it okay with landing? We got a confirmation with CSE but not any specific response from the officer regarding if I can or cannot land.

kuskus

Champion Member
Jun 17, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
@kuskus I answered no but disclosed it after the approval via CSE. Is it okay with landing? We got a confirmation with CSE but not any specific response from the officer regarding if I can or cannot land.
You can try to land since you’re running out of time.

ryan1990

Star Member
Oct 27, 2018
Your CoPR arrived means they've done their due diligence on your file.

Contacting them now, just does not make sense. You weren't convicted so your PCC is clear, hence your CoPR.
They would have rejected you within 30 days of your AoR if they found any discrepancies in your file.

Zip it and land in Canada! Good luck.

path2canada20

Jan 1, 2020
Your CoPR arrived means they've done their due diligence on your file.

Contacting them now, just does not make sense. You weren't convicted so your PCC is clear, hence your CoPR.
They would have rejected you within 30 days of your AoR if they found any discrepancies in your file.

Zip it and land in Canada! Good luck.
When I land there, I need to answer yes to the question where it asks have you ever been charged ( although the charge has been dropped ). To avoid discrepancy, my attorney suggested to disclose to IRCC but haven't heard anything from them .Its almost 3 months. Only got an automated response saying that they received the CSE.