+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

correcting mistake after PR approved

ryan1990

Star Member
Oct 27, 2018
When I land there, I need to answer yes to the question where it asks have you ever been charged ( although the charge has been dropped ). To avoid discrepancy, my attorney suggested to disclose to IRCC but haven't heard anything from them .Its almost 3 months. Only got an automated response saying that they received the CSE.
So declare it after landing. It won't be an issue.

Which country were the charges filed?

path2canada20

Jan 1, 2020
My PR application was approved and got my COPR. I realized I made a mistake in statutory question (Have you been arrested. I answered incorrectly) and disclosed it by sending CSE but only got an automated response so far. Its been almost 2 months I have not received any response from IRCC. is it okay to proceed with landing ? My COPR expires in 30 days
@canuck_in_uk - Any thoughts on this?

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
@canuck_in_uk I just got an update asking me to complete landing and no further review needed. Do you think I should be good to go? I will declare in my COPR but just concerned what if officer asks why it was not mentioned in application.
If they told you to land, then of course you are fine to go. Carry proof of the communication with IRCC to show CBSA if needed.

Reactions: path2canada20

SUMO2385

Aug 19, 2019
@James_NZ1 - Any thoughts on my post?
Bro bro bro...I am so glad (Don't get me wrong) that I found your post. I am in the same situation although I have not yet applied for PR. I also had non-conviction misdemeanor charges and was wrongfully arrested for few hours in the US which were dismissed on a very first date without any questions and also expunged from 2014. My FBI report was clear before the expungement of these cases. Moreover, my local State records are clear. I got my latest FBI report which is clear as well. I am on a work permit in Canada. During my work permit application, I answered as NO. At the airport, no questions have been asked. Now my question is should I mention it during my PR application or not? I hope you landed in Canada safely. Would love to learn more about your case. @legalfalcon @kuskus @canadianboi7919