+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

correcting mistake after PR approved

path2canada20

Jan 1, 2020
My PR application was approved and got my COPR. I realized I made a mistake in statutory question (Have you been arrested. I answered incorrectly) and disclosed it by sending CSE but only got an automated response so far. Its been almost 2 months I have not received any response from IRCC. is it okay to proceed with landing ? My COPR expires in 30 days

Last edited:

kuskus

Champion Member
Jun 17, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
My PR application was approved and got my COPR. I realized I made a mistake in statutory question (Have you been arrested. I answered incorrectly) and corrected it by sending CSE but only got an automated response so far. Its been almost 2 months I have not received any response from IRCC. is it okay to proceed with landing ? My COPR expires in 30 days
Didn’t your PCC show the arrest?

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
My PR application was approved and got my COPR. I realized I made a mistake in statutory question (Have you been arrested. I answered incorrectly) and disclosed it by sending CSE but only got an automated response so far. Its been almost 2 months I have not received any response from IRCC. is it okay to proceed with landing ? My COPR expires in 30 days
If you were never convicted, it will not be an issue, however, you should have mentioned this in your application. You will have to provide more details, dates etc. for anyone to answer.

babsizkil

Dec 18, 2016
It will be helpful to give a clue of the nature of the arrest or charges. You never disclosed if you're convicted or acquitted. We need to know if you're a person that has been rehabilitated or have been granted a record suspension that has not ceased to have effect or been revoked. If there has been a final determination of acquittal, you maybe excepted from inadmissibility. Get advice before you proceed or board

path2canada20

Jan 1, 2020
@legalfalcon @babsizkil - No conviction and charges were dropped . This happened like 8 years back . I spoke to immigration attorney and they mentioned it does not count as inadmissible but since it was not mentioned in the application , we submitted CSE for the same. Only concern is no actual confirmation from officer so far regarding landing . COPR expires in few weeks.

Last edited:
Sep 19, 2018
(Have you been arrested. I answered incorrectly)
The question is not have you been arrested. The question is have you been convicted of any criminal offences. IRCC makes security and criminal backgrounds checks, and if you aren't admissible to Canada, IRCC would not approve your application. What is important at this point is your immediate family. If you've gotten married, or had any children outside of Canada, this needs to be declared. If not, you can land without any problems.

Even in an application for citizenship later on, IRCC will ask if you've been convicted (found guilty) of certains crimes. Read up on prohibitions under the Citizenship Act to know exactly what those are.

Best of luck.

path2canada20

Jan 1, 2020
@canadianboi7919 thanks for your reply! but there was a statutory question in the application " Have you ever been arrested" . I have already submitted the webform 2 months back on this and waiting for ircc to respond .

Sep 19, 2018
Can you be more specific?

There are several forms to be filled out in an application for permanent residence, including the General Application Form for Canada (IMM 0008) and there is no question about being arrested, nor is there anything anywhere else about being arrested on any of the forms on paper-based IRCC applications.

kuskus

Champion Member
Jun 17, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Can you be more specific?

There are several forms to be filled out in an application for permanent residence, including the General Application Form for Canada (IMM 0008) and there is no question about being arrested, nor is there anything anywhere else about being arrested on any of the forms on paper-based IRCC applications.
I believe the reference is to form IMM 5669, although there no question specifically about being arrested on the form.