+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Corona Virus threat to Travel , COPR expires on 24th April 2020

Jeev2020

Feb 17, 2020
Hello, can anyone kindly provide advice on how to fill the webform? We have a valid CoPR, and would like to seek an extension. Which is the 'Type of Application' that one needs to select?

amersbiei

Apr 13, 2020
Dear All,

I just want to share what happened with me until now and ask a general question as well.

I am like most of you on the same boat, my COPR expires on May 1st and until now there are no flights from Abu Dhabi to Canada (originally, booked my flights on April 9 but It was cancelled as UAE banned international flights) . I contacted IRCC through the webform and through twitter.

I got the following reply from IRCC 4-5 days ago through my E-mail:

"Thank you for contacting Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC).

We verified the information you provided regarding your request for an extension and have forwarded it to the responsible office.

They will contact you if further information is required or if a decision is made on your application.

We hope the information provided is helpful in assisting you with your enquiry."

On twitter, they simply said that I did the right step to contact them through a webform and they don't always reply back to webforms + they advised me to inform them when I can travel again.

My question is, Do anyone in this forum got or know about someone who got an extension?

Bs65

VIP Member
Mar 22, 2016
Dear All,

I just want to share what happened with me until now and ask a general question as well.

I am like most of you on the same boat, my COPR expires on May 1st and until now there are no flights from Abu Dhabi to Canada (originally, booked my flights on April 9 but It was cancelled as UAE banned international flights) . I contacted IRCC through the webform and through twitter.

We verified the information you provided regarding your request for an extension and have forwarded it to the responsible office.

They will contact you if further information is required or if a decision is made on your application.

We hope the information provided is helpful in assisting you with your enquiry."

On twitter, they simply said that I did the right step to contact them through a webform and they don't always reply back to webforms + they advised me to inform them when I can travel again.

My question is, Do anyone in this forum got or know about someone who got an extension?
Surely though whilst everyone wants a specific answer on an extension put selves in the position of IRCC Do they give out individual 1,2,3,4,5,6 month extensions with no end to the pandemic in sight so they have to start all over again one by one. Or do they simply say yes they are aware people cannot travel, ensure a web form has been submitted and then when can travel notify them for what comes next.

IRCC obviously do not have infinite resources so they probably want to keep things as simple as possible and only issue extensions when travel is possible, not before, my view anyway.

The only scenario people probably need to be wary of is getting a reasonable extension should that be an option and then not being inclined to travel even if restrictions have been eased and governments consider travel safe.

Above just my personal view

AmyCLC

Star Member
Mar 25, 2020
China, Malaysia
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
China for me, Malaysia for husband
App. Filed.......
01-02-2018
Doc's Request.
12-05-2018
IELTS Request
01-05-2018
Med's Request
22-07-2019
Passport Req..
12-02-2020
VISA ISSUED...
02-03-2020
Hi canuck78,

Thanks for your response, I got my COPR In Jan2020, however my mother is undergoing Cancer treatment for which I had to with her. The reason I am planning to do soft landing and come back is because her Surgery are planned in the coming month. I could not foresee this kind of issue arising if I plan a bit late.

Thanks.
WIsh your mother get well soon. ALso, before you anything, do not risk her health. Cancer is awful and killa virus is as bad. Sorry to hear that but we wish you be strong and your mother to be cured quickly.

AmyCLC

Star Member
Mar 25, 2020
China, Malaysia
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
China for me, Malaysia for husband
App. Filed.......
01-02-2018
Doc's Request.
12-05-2018
IELTS Request
01-05-2018
Med's Request
22-07-2019
Passport Req..
12-02-2020
VISA ISSUED...
02-03-2020
Dear All,

I this morning receive same generic reply. I understand it does not say yes or no. I interpret I not have travel yet and just update them my situation status for land CopR.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hi canuck78,

Thanks for your response, I got my COPR In Jan2020, however my mother is undergoing Cancer treatment for which I had to with her. The reason I am planning to do soft landing and come back is because her Surgery are planned in the coming month. I could not foresee this kind of issue arising if I plan a bit late.

Thanks.
It was actually pretty predictable as soon as China had a very large outbreak. Personally I would had changed my short landing and done it much earlier. I would also have cut any vacation short and not left to go anywhere in March but maybe I am more plugged in when it comes to the news and epidemiology. It will be up to Canada to determine whether you get an extension and how long an extension.

nioero

Feb 18, 2019
Any email response from IRCC yet? My parent’s COPR expired on April 5th and so far no response yet. Thanks.

Canaspirant xyz

Aug 21, 2018
Please attach proof that people have been given concrete extensions. There were others who have gone from DM back to processing.
What are you saying?How can someone attach proof of some one else's extension and why ?And whose case has been changed from DM to processing!!!???If the file is reopened for extension it will show in process only!I dont understand what do you intend to say!!

chandru15253

Jan 2, 2019
Dear All,

Hi there,

Did u attach any kinda explanation or proof with ur web form??
Also how long do u think it wud take to issue a new COPR?
Im.also stuck n a similar situation as my COPR expiris on 13 May and no flights schedule from Dubai to Toronto till 31 May..

Roger Heeralal

Mar 18, 2020
Good morning everyone our copr expired on the 22nd of April.we opened a web form on the 18th April but have not received a response as yet.we were supposed to travel on the march 18th but the canadian borders were closed.now our borders are closed until or maybe 15th May.also the children passports will be expiring in April and march next year.