+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Corona Virus threat to Travel , COPR expires on 24th April 2020

sanketdalal

Apr 20, 2020
Just received the email from HK office today:

”The processing of your application for permanent residence in Canada is almost complete. Please note that your medical validity has been extended. You must complete the following steps within 90 days in order for our office to re-issue your Confirmation of Permanent Residence and, if applicable, your permanent residence visa with new validity (ie. valid to 2020/09/30).“

The COPR expired on April 5th.

Good luck everyone!
Hello,
Congratulations on successful extension of your COPR. Could you please let us know that after raising web-form about ready to travel, after how many days you received the above mail. Also did you received the above message in email or you received the above message in GC Key account?

Also, is there any change in status on GC Key account.

Thanks for keeping us updated !!

Doc7orAn!sh

Feb 8, 2020
bros,

so i launched the web form day before yesterday since i couldn't get a flight, my COPR expires june 16,, though i have not gotten a response yet. how are you guys handling it? what is the procedure to get extension on my visa? can you please let me know? also is it all cool? or would we have to jump through a lot of hoops again? and will take another few months before i get my visa back? would be grateful for your help. thanks

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
bros,

so i launched the web form day before yesterday since i couldn't get a flight, my COPR expires june 16,, though i have not gotten a response yet. how are you guys handling it? what is the procedure to get extension on my visa? can you please let me know? also is it all cool? or would we have to jump through a lot of hoops again? and will take another few months before i get my visa back? would be grateful for your help. thanks
It is unreasonable to expect an answer so quickly. You will likely be given a 3 month extension once your COPR expires. Most people are not being asked to repeat things like medicals. If this continues past 3 months that may change.

Doc7orAn!sh

Feb 8, 2020
It is unreasonable to expect an answer so quickly. You will likely be given a 3 month extension once your COPR expires. Most people are not being asked to repeat things like medicals. If this continues past 3 months that may change.
Thanks, so now i should just wait?

crackMBA

Mar 2, 2015
India
Okay guys.

Next step for my parents is to re send the passports for the new PR visa which will be valid till the end of September 2020. They have 90 days to send the passports.
Their cases are processed in HongKong office but they reside in China.
The inquiry was sent to HK office before COPR expired. It took almost a month and a half to get a response.
I think IRCC sent another email to all potential PR a couple days ago with clear instruction. Hope this helps.
Hi,
Congratulations for the news and thanks for updates.
Just out of curiosity.
How much time did it take to get visa stamped and new COPR after you submitted the passport?

vermas

Champion Member
Jan 12, 2010
NOC Code......
NA
App. Filed.......
eAPR/AOR 13-08-2018
Hi,
Congratulations for the news and thanks for updates.
Just out of curiosity.
How much time did it take to get visa stamped and new COPR after you submitted the passport?
My parents passports were delivered to CPC-Ottawa on 19 March and thy received these back with COPRs on 25 May.

AmyCLC

Star Member
Mar 25, 2020
China, Malaysia
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
China for me, Malaysia for husband
App. Filed.......
01-02-2018
Doc's Request.
12-05-2018
IELTS Request
01-05-2018
Med's Request
22-07-2019
Passport Req..
12-02-2020
VISA ISSUED...
02-03-2020
I log back here and find some good news. IRCC is very understanding aftall. But the covid19 problem has no got better still, where even USA, their president has caused many causalties. I too received generic email to ask to contact when I free to fly.
I still cannot because too risky as air travel is not safe.

My next question is if anybody must land Canada to get copr approval? Has IRCC allowed any person to finalise coper in their home land visa office? This may be useful for current virus issue.

Engineer001

Star Member
Sep 12, 2019
We are currently reviewing requests from clients who are out of the country and have received a valid CoPR or who have an expired CoPR who are now ready to move to Canada permanently. We expect that next steps will be provided in the next few weeks. Please wait to receive confirmation from IRCC that your CoPR has been extended and that you are now able to travel with documents the department will identify. Please note that only those ready to live and settle in Canada and able to quarantine for 14 days immediately upon arrival will be allowed to travel to the country. Travel for temporary stay, including strictly to finalize an application, will not be permitted at this time.

Does soft landing equate to temporary stay? If someone can quarantine for 14 days and then leave Canada for home country, will this be a problem too at this time?

fjaveed1

Star Member
Sep 26, 2018
We are currently reviewing requests from clients who are out of the country and have received a valid CoPR or who have an expired CoPR who are now ready to move to Canada permanently. We expect that next steps will be provided in the next few weeks. Please wait to receive confirmation from IRCC that your CoPR has been extended and that you are now able to travel with documents the department will identify. Please note that only those ready to live and settle in Canada and able to quarantine for 14 days immediately upon arrival will be allowed to travel to the country. Travel for temporary stay, including strictly to finalize an application, will not be permitted at this time.

Does soft landing equate to temporary stay? If someone can quarantine for 14 days and then leave Canada for home country, will this be a problem too at this time?
I have the sane query . My COPR expires 17th September and it was approved before March . Can I soft land in Canada , do the 14days quarantine and then come back ?