+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Corona Virus threat to Travel , COPR expires on 24th April 2020

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hi , Does that mean we are getting extensions for only 90 days. My wife has medical surveillance of 2.02 . Does that mean she will have redo her medicals if I apply for extension of COPR ?
People are being given extensions on their medicals. At this point there is no need to repeat.

madhav_91

Star Member
Mar 18, 2019
People are being given extensions on their medicals. At this point there is no need to repeat.
Does that stand true for all categories of medical surveillance ? Asking as I read somewhere that it depends on medical surveillance code.
Also how long are the extensions being given now?

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Does that stand true for all categories of medical surveillance ? Asking as I read somewhere that it depends on medical surveillance code.
Also how long are the extensions being given now?
3 month extension. Not sure about medical surveillance cases.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Thank you. What would be a good time for me to contact IRCC about extension ?
You need to send a webform before your COPR expiry date when it is clear that you will be unable to travel. Once COPR is expired they will contact you about an extension in the weeks after COPR expiry

saksharma28

Jul 9, 2019
Hi guys!
I raised a web form to inform IRCC regarding my uncertainty of landing in Canada before the expiry of my COPR due to Coronavirus pandemic.
I got a reply that my information has been transferred to the responsible office and my file is located at the Canadian visa office in New Office.
I am a bit confused with this reply. I have already received COPR then am I supposed to inform NDVO about my travel plan?

Did anyone else got such reply?
While raising web form I chose ‘Permanent Residence (applied online)’ in type of enquiry.
Please let me know if I should have selected something else.

FatemahPK

Jun 19, 2019
Hi guys!
I raised a web form to inform IRCC regarding my uncertainty of landing in Canada before the expiry of my COPR due to Coronavirus pandemic.
I got a reply that my information has been transferred to the responsible office and my file is located at the Canadian visa office in New Office.
I am a bit confused with this reply. I have already received COPR then am I supposed to inform NDVO about my travel plan?

Did anyone else got such reply?
While raising web form I chose ‘Permanent Residence (applied online)’ in type of enquiry.
Please let me know if I should have selected something else.
I received a similar reply, except that there was no mention of location of my file. It stated "We verified the information you provided regarding the extension of COPRs and have forwarded it to the responsible office. They will contact you if further information is required or if a decision is made on your application. We hope the information provided is helpful in assisting you with your enquiry".

I also chose ‘Permanent Residence (applied online)’ in type of enquiry.

saksharma28

Jul 9, 2019
I received a similar reply, except that there was no mention of location of my file. It stated "We verified the information you provided regarding the extension of COPRs and have forwarded it to the responsible office. They will contact you if further information is required or if a decision is made on your application. We hope the information provided is helpful in assisting you with your enquiry".

I also chose ‘Permanent Residence (applied online)’ in type of enquiry.
Ok. They have not mentioned anything for COPR in the email I received. Below is what they mentioned in email:

Thank you for contacting Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC).

We are pleased to confirm that the information you provided was transferred to the responsible office.

Since your file is located at the Canadian visa office in New Delhi, India, we invite you to contact them too in order to:

• Report important changes,
  • Provide documents,
  • Add a representative or designated individual on file,
  • Obtain information regarding the status of your application, or
  • Enquire on an outcome of a request.
You will find the complete list of visa offices on our website.

Once you select the office you wish to contact, you will be presented with the different contact options.

We hope the information provided is helpful in assisting you with your enquiry.

Reactions: FatemahPK

psh

Feb 18, 2020
You need to send a webform before your COPR expiry date when it is clear that you will be unable to travel. Once COPR is expired they will contact you about an extension in the weeks after COPR expiry
Hi,

My CoPR expires in August'20 but I had written to CIC stating my reasons of why I cannot travel before that. I have just received a reply from them as below:

Good day,

The Government of Canada is closely monitoring the novel coronavirus (COVID-19) and any impacts on IRCC clients.

We have forwarded your request to extend the duration within which you can confirm your status as a permanent resident to the responsible office. Please be assured that your application will not be refused if you are unable or unwilling to travel as a result of the COVID-19 pandemic.

If the situation is resolved and you are able to travel within the existing validity of your documents, you may do so. Otherwise, once you and, if applicable, your family members are able to travel, please notify us by using the IRCC Web form. At that time, you will be provided with further instructions.

For more information on the situation and to receive up-to-date information, we invite you to verify our website.

Sincerely,

Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada

I wanted to know if this is a standard response to a web form query or is this an approved extension?

Thanks!!

Kaynine

May 10, 2020
Hi,

My CoPR expires in August'20 but I had written to CIC stating my reasons of why I cannot travel before that. I have just received a reply from them as below:

Good day,

The Government of Canada is closely monitoring the novel coronavirus (COVID-19) and any impacts on IRCC clients.

We have forwarded your request to extend the duration within which you can confirm your status as a permanent resident to the responsible office. Please be assured that your application will not be refused if you are unable or unwilling to travel as a result of the COVID-19 pandemic.

If the situation is resolved and you are able to travel within the existing validity of your documents, you may do so. Otherwise, once you and, if applicable, your family members are able to travel, please notify us by using the IRCC Web form. At that time, you will be provided with further instructions.

For more information on the situation and to receive up-to-date information, we invite you to verify our website.

Sincerely,

I wanted to know if this is a standard response to a web form query or is this an approved extension?

Thanks!!
That is not the usual response they give. This is more specific. What application type did you chose on the web form? Permanent residence (online)?

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hi,

Good day,

Sincerely,

Thanks!!
This is a standard response. Based on the cases we have seen extensions are not being given so far in advance. You will have to wait and see what happens.

NishaThakkar

Apr 18, 2019
Hi,

Good day,

Sincerely,

Thanks!!
My visa expired on 10th April. I've got a similar reply... It's a standard response they have been sharing... Which is your visa processing office???