+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Corona Virus threat to Travel , COPR expires on 24th April 2020

bellaluna

VIP Member
May 23, 2014
It's not mentioned there that they would be extending COPRs, they have just stated that they will inform about the further steps for restarting the application procedure.
Potato, potahto. Bottom line, you're not bound by the deadline stated on the COPR if travel is not possible.

Even rare COPR extensions in the past necessitated a new medical.

We will just wait and see what measures IRCC will take because this is all unprecedented.

Aatika_m

Star Member
Dec 3, 2019
Hi, did your friend ask ircc after the border was closed? What did the agent mean by anything can happen? Thanks!
Hi
What they meant was that either the case will be reopened or they might ask you for remedicals or they might extend copr without any complication.

Aatika_m

Star Member
Dec 3, 2019
As fas as i can make out from all the information online is that copr holders who don't have any immediate family members who are either permanent residents or citizens of Canada will not be allowed to board the plane. Plus whatever extension they have to give I think will take time unless situation starts to settle .

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
It is far too early for anyone to receive an extension. IRCC likely isn't going to even start until closer to the end of the travel ban. As said by bellaluna, this information has been available for awhile. People may have to do new medicals or PCCs to get the extension but they won't have to redo their apps.

nioero

Feb 18, 2019

Bs65

VIP Member
Mar 22, 2016
“ Permanent resident applicants who had been approved for permanent residence before the travel restrictions were announced on March 16 but who had not yet travelled to Canada are also exempted from the travel restrictions.”

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/news/2020/03/canada-provides-update-on-exemptions-to-travel-restrictions-to-protect-canadians-and-support-the-economy.html

So copr holders are okay to travel?
Just keep in mind that many businesses will be in shutdown mode for a few months, airlines are drastically cutting schedules/laying off staff and on arrival you will be self isolation for 14 days, not so easy if a new immigrant without immediate family support. BAsically not a good time to rush to Canada if a new immigrant does not really need to given even without COVID can be hard enough let alone currently

Reactions: bellaluna

SonaCanada

Star Member
Mar 21, 2016
“ Permanent resident applicants who had been approved for permanent residence before the travel restrictions were announced on March 16 but who had not yet travelled to Canada are also exempted from the travel restrictions.”

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/news/2020/03/canada-provides-update-on-exemptions-to-travel-restrictions-to-protect-canadians-and-support-the-economy.html

Yes. That’s a great relief. Now COPR applicants can travel. We are planning to travel next week.

SonaCanada

Star Member
Mar 21, 2016
Just keep in mind that many businesses will be in shutdown mode for a few months, airlines are drastically cutting schedules/laying off staff and on arrival you will be self isolation for 14 days, not so easy if a new immigrant without immediate family support. BAsically not a good time to rush to Canada if a new immigrant does not really need to given even without COVID can be hard enough let alone currently
I totally agree with you. But we already made all the arrangements to travel on 24th March 2020 such as resigned from job and now in the temporary visa and we have no choice, we need to land to Canada only. Hope all will be fine soon.

Reactions: Dia89

nehapsha

Mar 17, 2020

if i have got pasport request on 12 march for visa stamping and got it on19 march am i allowed to travel??

Mrs.Worldwide

Mar 21, 2020
Hi guys, I just spoke to my immigration lawyer. He said that COPR is also considered under residents category and we are good to travel. My flight is on 19th March from Mumbai.

Hope you guys have a safe travel.

Cheers !!
Hello, I also have COPR and I was supposed to travel to canada on 31 March but they already banned international flights. Tell me, are you already in Canada? I'm stressed.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Agreed. Too many people fail to understand the meaning of "self isolation". I know people who have returned from international holidays and stopped off on their way home from the airport at the grocery store/gas station/liquor store/etc. to stock up for their "isolation". Absolute effing morons.

If a new immigrant lands in Canada with no family/friends around, staying at an AirBnB/hotel, what are the chances that they are actually going to truly self-isloate? Pretty much nil.

Reactions: canuck78

Mrs.Worldwide

Mar 21, 2020
I totally agree with you. But we already made all the arrangements to travel on 24th March 2020 such as resigned from job and now in the temporary visa and we have no choice, we need to land to Canada only. Hope all will be fine soon.
I'm in the same situation as you. Already resigned from work. We planned to land in Canada on 31 March. Now there's restrictions. Praying to God thongs get better very soon.