+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Corona Virus threat to Travel , COPR expires on 24th April 2020

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
just hapn one hour ago. so betr guys just relax and stay safe. she told me that betr not to come and immigration check evrythng like evry single document of her marriage and they wasted their 3,4 hours.
They are just being very cautious. Wasn’t a waste of time if she got on the plane.;)

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Yup true bt they told her that just coz ur husband is with u we are allowng u to catch a plane. to be safe side letss just wait for further instructions.
Don’t get your issue they were following the directives. This is a fluid situation so requirements could change tomorrow.

jassa

Sep 15, 2013
https://orders-in-council.canada.ca/attachment.php?attach=38952&lang=en

This is the official clarification of new ban which states that immediate family members of prs are also allowed and also people having copr and PRVs , who are travelling to reunite immediate family members can also enter canada( i may be wrong on this one check it yourself guys, correct me if i am wrong).
Now the only thing i guess would be to convince airline guys at the airport about this official annoucement.
I had sponsered My wife and my 5 month old son as pwemanent residents and they are coming this sunday . I am gonna tell her to bring everything ( marriage certificate, photocopy of my pr card, marriage photos, and photocopy of this official announcement etc.) So that airport crew will not have any reason to deny their boarding.

Roger Heeralal

Mar 18, 2020
Hi Guys,

I am facing the same situation, my flight is on March 30th from Hyderabad via Dubai and London to Toronto. My CoPR expires on April 11th, why don't we start tweeting on Twitter by tagging the responsible authorities? I have already submitted couple of webforms, but did not receive any reply. Starting to work on PR application from scratch is time consuming, it is better if they post information on extending COPR's time. Please let us know if any of you receive information on COPR.

Thank you.
They not responfing i dont know why

Roger Heeralal

Mar 18, 2020
https://www.canadavisa.com/coronavirus-covid-19-impact-canada-immigration-visa-border-latest-news.html#gs.078lgg

2. Can I travel to Canada if my permanent residence application has been approved?
According to Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC), individuals who are in possession of a confirmation of permanent residence (COPR) and permanent resident visa (PRV) are allowed to travel to Canada. Individuals are instructed to contact IRCC via its web form if their COPR and PRV expires, or is about to expire, due to their inability to travel to Canada due to COVID-19. In such cases, IRCC will re-open the permanent residence applications of such individuals for review in 90 days.

Well, now what.... This is becoming extremely confusing. So can a CoPR holder who CAN board a plane to Canada, be allowed to do his landing and enter Canada??
No sir they not allowing you to board the plane

CHARMBELLE

Oct 12, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-10-2014
Doc's Request.