+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Corona Virus Effects on Travelling (Risk of missing landing date)

SCOTCAD

Star Member
May 20, 2018
My common-law partner is a Canadian citizen and currently in Canada, so I am hoping I will be allowed to travel with a COPR as an immediate family member, I have emailed CIC to enquire if this will be possible.

Molino de Viente

Star Member
Aug 16, 2018
Kazakhstan
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
26/04/2019
Med's Done....
06/06/2019
Passport Req..
31/10/2019
As per the website, it says 5 days but when we submit the actual webform it says they will get within 28 working days.. Sounds Weird!!
28?!!! I did not notice that when applying. I also realized I might have raised the form incorrectly, as I chose "no" to the question whether my application is being processed outside Canada. Do you think I should raise the form again and choose my Visa Office?

rajivmouli

Star Member
Mar 15, 2020
28?!!! I did not notice that when applying. I also realized I might have raised the form incorrectly, as I chose "no" to the question whether my application is being processed outside Canada. Do you think I should raise the form again and choose my Visa Office?
If its outside canada you need select the respective processing office from drop down

Dark_Night

Star Member
Jun 14, 2019
Toronto
I landed safely on Monday. Wishing everyone the best of luck even if you can't make it in time now. You will be given an extension of you can't.
Also, not sure if anyone can advise but have you been asked for the personal effects form (not goods to follow) - They never asked for mine and I just gave them the customs card where I've indicated that I don't have unaccompanied goods. Is this an issue? The officer did see my form.

Molino de Viente

Star Member
Aug 16, 2018
Kazakhstan
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
26/04/2019
Med's Done....
06/06/2019
Passport Req..
31/10/2019
IRCC answered me the following:

"Please contact this office once the situation normalizes. Your case will be assessed at that time.

Section de migration/Migration Section
Ambassade du Canada/Embassy of Canada

ul. Piekna 2/8
00-482 Varsovie, Pologne/00-482 Warsaw, Poland"

CNP

Champion Member
Oct 26, 2018
IRCC answered me the following:

"Please contact this office once the situation normalizes. Your case will be assessed at that time.

Section de migration/Migration Section
Ambassade du Canada/Embassy of Canada

ul. Piekna 2/8
00-482 Varsovie, Pologne/00-482 Warsaw, Poland"
When did you raise a webform ? and what did you write to IRCC?

Molino de Viente

Star Member
Aug 16, 2018
Kazakhstan
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
26/04/2019
Med's Done....
06/06/2019
Passport Req..
31/10/2019
I think this is the answer to me first enquiry (when I did not chose my VO from drop down list). I wrote there about cancelled tickets (attached them), about State of Emergency declared in Kazakhstan, and that I am not allowed to leave the country before 15th of April (my COPR expires on 21th April). I wrote that our President said he might extend the dates of Emergency beyond 15th April and I will not be able to enter Canada on time. I asked , if it is possible to extend the expiry date of my COPR.
Yesterday, I raised another Form, but this time I chose my VO (Moscow) and pointed to the fact that I am locked from both side - niether Kazakhstan will let me out, nor Canada will let me in.

CNP

Champion Member
Oct 26, 2018
I think this is the answer to me first enquiry (when I did not chose my VO from drop down list). I wrote there about cancelled tickets (attached them), about State of Emergency declared in Kazakhstan, and that I am not allowed to leave the country before 15th of April (my COPR expires on 21th April). I wrote that our President said he might extend the dates of Emergency beyond 15th April and I will not be able to enter Canada on time. I asked , if it is possible to extend the expiry date of my COPR.
Yesterday, I raised another Form, but this time I chose my VO (Moscow) and pointed to the fact that I am locked from both side - niether Kazakhstan will let me out, nor Canada will let me in.
okay. My VO was Ottawa and did select "No" to question if application is being processed outside Canada. havent seen a reply yet.

CNP

Champion Member
Oct 26, 2018
When did you raise the form and what argiments did you use? Was it before Canada closed the borders?
I raised as soon as Canada declared the ban. I raised the same point as you did - Canada ban, flight cancellations, restrictions on travel by country of origin etc.

ingoingoingo

Star Member
Jan 25, 2020
Alberta
Category........
AINP
Visa Office......
Sydney
NOC Code......
3111 (CRS 1058)
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
31-01-2020
Nomination.....
11-03-2020
AOR Received.
07-02-2020
IELTS Request
30-11-2019
Med's Done....
07-02-2020
VISA ISSUED...
29-09-2020
LANDED..........
29-09-2020
Please don't be scared of the COVID-19, it is just another version of the common cold. Practice basic hygiene and you'll be fine, which includes washing hands regularly, using hand sanitisers, avoid shaking hands, keep social distance from others, wear a respiratory mask. That's it. Also, keep in mind, that, they virus is not deadly.
Ummm ... no, this is not correct. I have reported this post as some your statements are potentially dangerous. False information should not go unchallenged. The concern of forum members has been on the impact on immigration applications and landing, for which the Canadian authorities have issued very clear guidance.

The public health measures you outline are actually more nuanced, and it would be better to refer people to an authoritative and regularly updated site. For example, https://www.canada.ca/en/public-health/services/diseases/coronavirus-disease-covid-19.html. Correct hand washing, cough etiquette and cleaning are indeed key measures, with social distancing and self-isolation/quarantine as advised in your region.

COVID-19 and the SARS-CoV-2 virus are not the same as the common cold. The majority of younger people without comorbidities will make a full recovery. But older people and those with other health conditions or suppressed immune systems are more vulnerable. As are health care systems and the people who work in them. Take the threat seriously. Be informed. Look out for your neighbours, friends and families, and follow the recommended measures to protect wider society.