+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Corona Virus Effects on Travelling (Risk of missing landing date)

CNP

Champion Member
Oct 26, 2018
I think we are officially in unchartered territory and no one should even think of travelling at this point.April 22nd copr expiry-will be writing to IRCC
Let us know if you write and receive a reply. I am going to do the same.

psh

Feb 18, 2020
Personally think you have some time for things to hopefully settle down a bit. Really also depends on where you are coming from and whether you’ll be able to go into quarantine based on your current schedule. If is really a personal choice. You have quite a lot of time left.
From India. I agree I have 4 months to take a call..Was just wondering if there are chances for it to become worse and travel restrictions/ bans are implemented. But I guess IRCC might have to then consider those and give extensions.

Rahil Lakhani

Mar 13, 2020
Hi All,

Has anyone started considering the effects of the corona virus on your ability to travel to Canada in time before the expiration of your CoPR ?

I currently live in Asia (not China) and my deadline is June 30th. I have a trip planned for Mid May via South Korea and the situation there is getting worse so I'm starting to get a little concerned that travel restrictions might be put in place by the time I have to travel. Might have to make last minute changes to my schedule (probably at great cost?).

I'm not panicking or stressing out yet, just monitoring the situation.

I know CoPR says no extension possible to the landing deadline, but maybe they would given the situation around the world? No extensions could possibly force people with the virus to travel to Canada just to meet the requirement - not something Canadian authorities would want right ?

What are your thoughts ?

Anyone else in a similar boat ?
Hello, same boat brother.. COPR getting expired on July 7th and have scheduled flight on 6th June.. really dont knw where the situation will heads up..

Rahil Lakhani

Mar 13, 2020
Hello, same boat brother.. COPR getting expired on July 7th and have scheduled flight on 6th June.. really dont knw where the situation will heads up..
I'll be going for good directly from Dubai..so worried if I should start winding up everything or change my mind towards a soft landing...

wick_sran

Mar 5, 2012
India
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
04-06-2019
IELTS Request
01-02-2019
I'll be going for good directly from Dubai..so worried if I should start winding up everything or change my mind towards a soft landing...
There are direct flights from Delhi. You can also consider via Turkey, there's only one case reported there.

Rahil Lakhani

Mar 13, 2020
My concern is that I am going for good and the impacts of this virus will make the job market further worse.. so will the soft landing be a good option or what else...

ajangbar001

Star Member
May 3, 2019
Karachi, Pakistan
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
01-05-2019
So me and my wife received our PPR letter and submitted our passport for visa issuance. Our relative informed us that there is an article in Toronto Star that all visas are suspended till the 15th May 2020.

We are under the impression that we have a 30 day time period on the visa till which we have to report to Canada. Since we submitted the passports on the 12th March 2020 and hope to receive them by 20th March, we will well under the timeframe of 15th May.

What will happen in this case?

dream_on_7

Star Member
Sep 1, 2018
If people have waited until the last minute to land I guess it will be a calculated risk. One of the reasons people shouldn’t wait until the last weeks to land. Those who are not in the risk group like elderly or immunocompromised should still be planning on flying and expect quarantine either in Canada or in their home country. Those doing soft landing should consider flying and returning to their home country without leaving the airport.
The basic premise is that landing is more important than not catching the virus.Isnt this a case of misplaced priorities?

tango94

Mar 13, 2020
Hi, I got COPR expiring on 20 September, 2020, and earlier I was planning to travel (from India) after mid August (tickets are not booked yet). Now my relatives in Canada suggesting me to plan your travel asap as flights might get canceled at later date and risk of travel ban/copr expiry. My speculation is that virus will subside by that time(August) and situation will be better than as of today. Any suggestions on travel plan is appreciated.

Islander216

Champion Member
Nov 27, 2019
So me and my wife received our PPR letter and submitted our passport for visa issuance. Our relative informed us that there is an article in Toronto Star that all visas are suspended till the 15th May 2020.

We are under the impression that we have a 30 day time period on the visa till which we have to report to Canada. Since we submitted the passports on the 12th March 2020 and hope to receive them by 20th March, we will well under the timeframe of 15th May.

What will happen in this case?
Are you sure that includes applications for permanent residents?

BillyWescott

May 24, 2019
Hi Guys- my visa expires in August'2020. I was wondering if I should go get my soft landing done by April'2020 instead of keeping it last minute in case this escalates and gets worse (as several people suggested IRCC might not consider last minute applications). As per IRCC's notification every case will be reviewed and a decision for extension will be taken in 90 days which is a long time. Any thoughts?
I'm in the exact same situation with CoPR expiring early August 2020. I am seriously considering doing a soft landing in April/May just to make sure my visa is activated. I just wonder if we have to lie to the immigration officer (saying we are landing permanently) or if we can tell them we're just doing a soft landing because of virus.

Islander216

Champion Member
Nov 27, 2019
I'm in the exact same situation with CoPR expiring early August 2020. I am seriously considering doing a soft landing in April/May just to make sure my visa is activated. I just wonder if we have to lie to the immigration officer (saying we are landing permanently) or if we can tell them we're just doing a soft landing because of virus.
Homie, just say you're landing as a permanent resident.

Only provide details if they ask for it.

Reactions: BillyWescott