+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Corona Virus Effects on Travelling (Risk of missing landing date)

CNP

Champion Member
Oct 26, 2018
Similar situation here. My COPR expires on April 11th. Booked a flight transiting through Paris on 3rd April. Just 3 weeks to go.
Which country are you from? I am from India and Govt. has issued an advisory to refrain from travelling to France, Germany and Spain. Not sure if just a transit is banned as well. Even more scary now. How do you plan to handle?

CNP

Champion Member
Oct 26, 2018
Which country are you from? I am from India and Govt. has issued an advisory to refrain from travelling to France, Germany and Spain. Not sure if just a transit is banned as well. Even more scary now. How do you plan to handle?
Would IRCC consider this situation while extending CoPR expiry?

Islander216

Champion Member
Nov 27, 2019
In the same position, let's hope everything works out.

I don't think travel bans/advice applies to transiting in airports in those countries at this point, but just continue to take the necessary precautions.

kayenavacha

Mar 10, 2020
I'm from India too. At this time, can only pray that IRCC adds expands their list of countries for extension of CoPR dates. In addition to the associated risks of travel, there is also the possibility of flights getting canceled due to low demand or travel restrictions associated with transit hubs. Keeping my eyes peeled for developments on this front till then.

CNP

Champion Member
Oct 26, 2018
I'm from India too. At this time, can only pray that IRCC adds expands their list of countries for extension of CoPR dates. In addition to the associated risks of travel, there is also the possibility of flights getting canceled due to low demand or travel restrictions associated with transit hubs. Keeping my eyes peeled for developments on this front till then.
Agree. just a wait and watch game right till the end. Fingers crossed.

JNS1214

Star Member
Mar 19, 2019
My COPR expires on 23rd April. I am planning to go to Toronto on first week of April but not booked ticket yet . any suggestion which Route is safe for travel ? I am from Mumbai India.

Last edited:

CNP

Champion Member
Oct 26, 2018
My COPR expires on 23rd April. I am planning to go to Toronto on first week of April but not booked ticket yet . any suggestion which Route is safe for travel ? I am from Mumbai India.
I have booked MUMBAI-PARIS-TORONTO. However increasingly becoming difficult for travel now. Safest I can see is through AMSTERDAM. However please keep an eye on travel advisory of each country

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Given that you waited so long to land you may not get an extension unless there is a travel advisory from your country. People landing close To the expiry date or returning back to Canada right at the 3 year mark are taking a risk because things come up and they haven’t given themselves a lot of buffer time.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Need to land by April 22nd.This is kinda freaking me out.Is there any telegram/whatsapp group for ppl with travel plans in late March or Early April
Would suggest that you may consider reassessing your plans and try to land earlier rather than later. Have you had months to land but waited? The arguments will always be that you have waited to the last minute. Nobody can predict what will happen but the Canadian government’s priority will be to focus on what is going on inCanada and if people start testing positive offices could be asked to work remotely and most of the immigration work probably can’t be done remotely. Not trying to alarm you but would consider changing your flight if possible. Already no European flights are going to be allowed to land in the US.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
I tried to email the visa office where my mother's file is at the moment. They've already requested for her passport and waiting for COPR. I emailed in advance to ask if they could give a longer validity of her COPR due to the ongoing corona virus outbreak . I reiterated that elderly people are more susceptible to get hit by this outbreak. My mom is post-stroke survivor for a year now. I'm so worried that she'll be at risk if she travel at this time. I really hope they'll have some consideration for extension of validity. :confused:
When did she do her medical? COPR landing is based on medicals expiry. If COPRs are extended medicals may need to be redone to make sure the person has not become medically inadmissible.

CNP

Champion Member
Oct 26, 2018
Given that you waited so long to land you may not get an extension unless there is a travel advisory from your country. People landing close To the expiry date or returning back to Canada right at the 3 year mark are taking a risk because things come up and they haven’t given themselves a lot of buffer time.
I just wanted to avoid winters plus needed some time to pack off things.

wick_sran

Mar 5, 2012
India
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
04-06-2019
IELTS Request
01-02-2019
There are direct flights from Delhi and Mumbai, to Toronto but they'll cost you almost double.