+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

COPRs issued after March 18. Residence in USA.

Aliya45

Apr 30, 2020
Yes that is the only to find out perhaps. If it is too risky for you it will probably be best to wait for a few more weeks and decide whether to travel or submit the webform. Why do say risky? The AVR rule should work for most of us I suppose. We are planning to wait and travel in August. The more closer your COPR expiry, the more chances they will consider your travel as essential and let you in.

amanb014

Star Member
Aug 25, 2019
Yes that is the only to find out perhaps. If it is too risky for you it will probably be best to wait for a few more weeks and decide whether to travel or submit the webform. Why do say risky? The AVR rule should work for most of us I suppose. We are planning to wait and travel in August. The more closer your COPR expiry, the more chances they will consider your travel as essential and let you in.
Yeah but AVR doesn’t apply to my spouse. Do you know any groups with people that have COPR after March 18 and planning to travel?

Last edited:

sandbox032020

May 6, 2020
My COPR expires on June 12th, haven't received a reply for the webform I submitted on May 15th apart from the standard one saying "We verified the information you provided and have forwarded it to the responsible office."

I received a response for the webform I submitted:

We have received your request to extend the duration within which you can confirm your status as a permanent resident. Please be assured that your application will not be refused if you are unable or unwilling to travel as a result of the COVID-19 pandemic.

If the situation is resolved and you are able to travel within the existing validity of your documents, you may do so. Otherwise, once you and your family members (if applicable) are able to travel, please notify us through the IRCC Web form. At that time, IRCC will respond with the most up to date information we have on next steps.

amanb014

Star Member
Aug 25, 2019
I received a response for the webform I submitted:

We have received your request to extend the duration within which you can confirm your status as a permanent resident. Please be assured that your application will not be refused if you are unable or unwilling to travel as a result of the COVID-19 pandemic.

If the situation is resolved and you are able to travel within the existing validity of your documents, you may do so. Otherwise, once you and your family members (if applicable) are able to travel, please notify us through the IRCC Web form. At that time, IRCC will respond with the most up to date information we have on next steps.
Is your COPR issued after March 18?

Peaceonly

Jun 9, 2020
Hi,
My COPR was also issued after March 18th and I too reside in USA. Waiting to travel as soon as the restrictions are lifted.
Hello ,, have u raised any web form for asking copr approved After 18march ,, are we allowed to travel else when we can travel?)

I Am A Shatriya

Star Member
Mar 9, 2020
Hi,
My COPR was also issued after March 18th and I too reside in USA. Waiting to travel as soon as the restrictions are lifted.
Did you raise a webform about when the travel restrictions could be lifted for people whose coprs are issued after March 18th?.

Aliya45

Apr 30, 2020
Did you raise a webform about when the travel restrictions could be lifted for people whose coprs are issued after March 18th?.
No I did not raise any yet. I believe people from U.S can travel despite the travel restrictions.
I found this text on the IRCC website which makes me think I can travel.

All other foreign nationals
To be eligible, you must meet 2 requirements:

I Am A Shatriya

Star Member
Mar 9, 2020
No I did not raise any yet. I believe people from U.S can travel despite the travel restrictions.
I found this text on the IRCC website which makes me think I can travel.

It's mentioned on the website that people should be exempted from the current travel restrictions, as of now we don't fall into that category since our coprs were issued after March 18th. It would be a risk to travel unless they remove this restriction. Anyway, how are you planning to move by road or air?.

Aliya45

Apr 30, 2020
It's mentioned on the website that people should be exempted from the current travel restrictions, as of now we don't fall into that category since our coprs were issued after March 18th. It would be a risk to travel unless they remove this restriction. Anyway, how are you planning to move by road or air?.
Travellers from U.S can travel even if they are not exempt from the travel restrictions as long as they are travelling for an essential purpose.

Rules are different for people travelling from U.S and those outside the U.S.
It reads you must either travel directly from the U.S or be exempt from the travel restrictions.

But I haven't heard of anyone who tried this yet.

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/coronavirus-covid19/travel-restrictions-exemptions.html

Pasted text below from the IRCC website.(link above)