+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

COPR this week?

Anssax

Aug 24, 2020
@legalfalcon , hope you are doing , I am a CEC Inland applicant with AOR : 19 Sept 2020 and with COPR on 23 April 2021, However at the time of receiving the COPR I was not available in Canada(traveled back to home country) and communicated the same to CIC , I got a response from CIC that "I have to reach out to them once I travel back to Canada with valid (TRV/WPR)"

During the same process my TRV extension application was also submitted to CIC in Jan 2020, However I have not received the passport stamping request from CIC yet

my assumption is that after releasing the COPR, CIC cancels all application for Temporary Visa including (WP/TRV), if that's the case I might not receive the passport request and travel back to Canada on WPR for COPR confirmation , Could you please suggest how can I move ahead and what are options I have to return back ?, Thanks in advance

byab123

Star Member
Oct 15, 2019
@legalfalcon , hope you are doing , I am a CEC Inland applicant with AOR : 19 Sept 2020 and with COPR on 23 April 2021, However at the time of receiving the COPR I was not available in Canada(traveled back to home country) and communicated the same to CIC , I got a response from CIC that "I have to reach out to them once I travel back to Canada with valid (TRV/WPR)"

During the same process my TRV extension application was also submitted to CIC in Jan 2020, However I have not received the passport stamping request from CIC yet

my assumption is that after releasing the COPR, CIC cancels all application for Temporary Visa including (WP/TRV), if that's the case I might not receive the passport request and travel back to Canada on WPR for COPR confirmation , Could you please suggest how can I move ahead and what are options I have to return back ?, Thanks in advance
Just curious, did they land you virtually when you receive COPR?

Anssax

Aug 24, 2020
@byab123 Nope , no landing yet , I received the COPR letter which suggest” if you are not in Canada , please don’t plan to travel back and reach out to us immediately “

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016

If you were not issued a COPR, you never became a PR and thus none of your TRV applications were cancelled.

NeedInfoFromHere

Mar 2, 2021
@byab123 Nope , no landing yet , I received the COPR letter which suggest” if you are not in Canada , please don’t plan to travel back and reach out to us immediately “
I too have a similar situation but in my case, they did land me virtually when they sent me CoPR.
So I think in your case also they land you virtually when you got CoPR. Call IRCC and let them know your TRV is expired and ask them the way to get the entry may be PRTD.

Just a quick question how did you inform IRCC that you are outside via webform/call/email address on CoPR letter and by when they responded? I am waiting for their response since 3 weeks

KMGV

Star Member
Sep 30, 2020
Hi All,
I have a question, I received 1st mail for sending information for portal access.
I received 2 mails for me and spouse and not for my son, is it normal? Or do I need to receive a mail for my son asking his details for portal access?

ogcorp

Mar 8, 2021
Category........
CEC
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
02-12-2020
AOR Received.
08-03-2021
Here are my Final Stats
Single Applicant CEC Inland ITA Draw 176 14 feb
AOR March 9th 2021
Biometrics March 20th
Medicals Passed March 23rd
Extra Document Requested IMM5406 May 1st
1st Ghost Update May 9th
Second Ghost Update May 28th
IRCC 1st Email May 28th (replied same day)
Portal Credentials June 7th
CoPR Email June 23th
3 Months and 14 Days!
VO OSC Ottawa VLU