+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

COPR this week?

blondieyo

Star Member
Jan 21, 2020
Well everyone, today was my lucky day. After almost 15 months, countless hours lost checking the portal and scouring these forums for support when I was feeling down, my profile updated today that final decision has been made and I received my CoPR number. Yet to receive the actual document in the "Messages about your application" section but this is a huge weight off my shoulders!

Fingers crossed for the rest of you that have been waiting as long as I have been!

Looks like my background check was updated as passed the same day my medicals were extended and it was just under a month from them until the final decision was made.

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Thank you for your quick response @legalfalcon, My eCOPR is signed and dated but there is no stamp on it. Under the application detail sections, they have mentioned the office name and issue date - 04 May 2021 and valid to 03 June 2021. So, what's the meaning of this valid to point?
For ay COPR issued electronically, there will be no stamp, just a date and signature of an officer. That is all you need.

Also, COPR has no validity, except that you have to have it signed before the valid to date.

Once it is signed, it is a proof of your PR status. Only the PR cards have a validity of 5 years.

Reactions: sny.sng

Blairxxx

Feb 29, 2016
Thank you for your quick response @legalfalcon, My eCOPR is signed and dated but there is no stamp on it. Under the application detail sections, they have mentioned the office name and issue date - 04 May 2021 and valid to 03 June 2021. So, what's the meaning of this valid to point?
hi! Congrats! When did you upload your photo in the portal?I uploaded mine on May 1st. No ecopr yet.

Reactions: sny.sng

Serkan81

May 4, 2021
Hi, my Aor is on 5th June 2020, CEC inland,with 2 dependents, and my file has been stucked on “criminality in process” and “security not started” since last October. Has anybody been waiting these steps for such long time? Is there anything I can do like getting upfront background check from police etc?thank you..

abhishek_p81

Oct 26, 2018
Hi, my Aor is on 5th June 2020, CEC inland,with 2 dependents, and my file has been stucked on “criminality in process” and “security not started” since last October. Has anybody been waiting these steps for such long time? Is there anything I can do like getting upfront background check from police etc?thank you..
I am AOR 16 June with same status as yours, stuck at criminality since Aug no update till now. Dont know what to do

Reactions: Serkan81

PSpharwaha

May 12, 2019
Mississauga
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
19 January 2020
AOR Received.
20 January 2020
File Transfer...
May 2020
Med's Done....
4 February 2020
Don’t worry this is IRCC’s way of working. If your criminal record is clear you need not to worry provided your Pccs were as per their requirements.

bhavya272727

Feb 24, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
My timeline:

- CEC inland.
- AOR: 25th-September-2020.
- VO: Ottawa.
- VO 2nd: Sydney.
- Never received any ghost updates till now apart from 1 biometrics update which was in October 2020.
- Called ircc today (5th-May-2021) found out stages passed, waiting for final decision now. Agent said due to high number of applications it could take 2-3 weeks.
- Today 05-05-2021 just received an email from ircc Etobicoke office to send details for “PR conformation portal”. Have replied them with details, now waiting for their reply.
- 05-05-2020 after 1 hour Got PR portal mail and applied for eCOPR.

Will let everyone know if there is any update.

Last edited:

sny.sng

Star Member
Mar 17, 2021
For ay COPR issued electronically, there will be no stamp, just a date and signature of an officer. That is all you need.

Also, COPR has no validity, except that you have to have it signed before the valid to date.

Once it is signed, it is a proof of your PR status. Only the PR cards have a validity of 5 years.
Thank you @legalfalcon for such a great clarification. I really appreciate the info you shared with us. Have a wonderful day ahead!

Reactions: legalfalcon

calvin07

May 22, 2020
Hello, I received a status update on my application on March 2,2021 that said my application was approved and Document Status section appeared showing my COPR document number which is valid till 2021/06/29.
It has been 2 months now and still no update or message after March 2. I have not received electronic copy of the COPR. My AOR was July 6,2020. Can someone please tell me what I should do ?

RAMAAA91

Mar 8, 2020
Go and check may 2020 thread buddy most of the pending files are in same situation.

sny.sng

Star Member
Mar 17, 2021
Hello, I received a status update on my application on March 2,2021 that said my application was approved and Document Status section appeared showing my COPR document number which is valid till 2021/06/29.
It has been 2 months now and still no update or message after March 2. I have not received electronic copy of the COPR. My AOR was July 6,2020. Can someone please tell me what I should do ?
send webform or email to local office.