+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

COPR this week?

K0527

Feb 25, 2021
Hi y'all. I know some people hate these and some people like them, but my PR application was JUST approved, so posting timeline here in case it helps anyone.

Application: CEC inland
ITA: March 23, 2020
AOR: April 27, 2020
Medical Passed: June 16, 2020
Biometrics Call: October 16, 2020
Biometrics Appointment: October 23, 2020
Eligibility: Passed (sometime in July 2020)
Security: Passed, March 24th 2021 (Ghost Update March 23rd)
Criminality: Passed, March 24th 2021 (Ghost Update March 23rd)
Final Decision: Approved, March 29th 2021 (COPR document number in online portal, have not received PDF yet)

If anyone has any questions about anything, please don't hesitate to reach out. I am wishing you all the best
VO ottawa?

Reactions: birwin91

jpshya

Star Member
Jul 15, 2019
Hello all,

My PR application got approved today. Awaiting COPR document, though I can see the document number in portal. Got a GU last weekend. No emails for GU

AOR 21 May 2020
Medical 10 July 2020
Background 13 March 2021
Approval 19 March 2021

Hope everyone waiting gets it soon!
Hello all,

Today got COPR document in email as well. It's been a total of 2.5 years effort for me (ECA,IELTS to COPR) and glad that the end result feels great :)

Below is my timeline:

AOR 21 May 2020
Medical 10 July 2020
Background 13 March 2021
Approval 19 March 2021
COPR document 29 March 2021

Thanks to the everyone in this wonderful forum and big thanks to @legalfalcon & @caipsnotes for great information & knowledge.

Sal1204

Star Member
Jan 8, 2021
Hey guys, i just saw something weird on my profile. My application was approved on March 17th and I’m still waiting for my COPR document but I when I logged into my cic account the Latest update statement is now changed.
Earlier it said something like
Final Decision - March 17, 2021: A final decision has been made. Your application was approved but now it shows the following message about background check:
Background check - Novemeber 6, 2020 - Your background check was completed.

Everything else is the same.

Is this a ghost update? Can i expect to receive my COPR document soon or should I be worried?

jfider

Star Member
Mar 1, 2017
Hey guys, i just saw something weird on my profile. My application was approved on March 17th and I’m still waiting for my COPR document but I when I logged into my cic account the Latest update statement is now changed.
Final Decision - March 17, 2021: A final decision has been made. Your application was approved but now it shows the following message about background check:

Is this a ghost update? Can i expect to receive my COPR document soon or should I be worried?
Nothing to worry about. It’s approved. That’s how it should be. You just need to wait for your COPR doc. :) Congrats!!

Melikaaaaaaaa

Star Member
Mar 22, 2021
Hello all,

Today got COPR document in email as well. It's been a total of 2.5 years effort for me (ECA,IELTS to COPR) and glad that the end result feels great :)

Below is my timeline:

AOR 21 May 2020
Medical 10 July 2020
Background 13 March 2021
Approval 19 March 2021
COPR document 29 March 2021

Thanks to the everyone in this wonderful forum and big thanks to @legalfalcon & @caipsnotes for great information & knowledge.
Yayy congratulations, were u CEC or FSW?

Temitee002

Jan 26, 2021
Guys I’m literally shaking right now..... can’t believe I can be this happy for a GU. I just logged into my account and saw profile updated blah blah, refreshed and it’s back to submitted. Also, for the first time since my AOR on Aug 18, my ADR changed to NA.....
I pray we all get the good news soon
Update guys..... After my GU on Friday, called IRCC just now and it’s confirmed that all stages have been passed, just waiting for final approval from the officer...... I pray this approval come in for Easter, my perfect Easter

birwin91

Star Member
Jan 20, 2020
Update guys..... After my GU on Friday, called IRCC just now and it’s confirmed that all stages have been passed, just waiting for final approval from the officer...... I pray this approval come in for Easter, my perfect Easter
Huge congratulations!!! That's amazing! Usually it takes about 1-3 weeks for the approval, but everything passed so you're in the home stretch!

Reactions: Temitee002

KB187

Jan 8, 2021
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
OTTAWA
AOR Received.
11 May 2020
Hello @legalfalcon ,

I am following your post since May 2019. Your knowledge, views and advice to people in the group helped me and others in one or another way.

I recently receive my COPR and now applied for SIN # and OHIP card.

I got my AOR in May 2020 / Applied under CEC after 1 year experience / on Closed work permit expiring in May 2022/ LMIA & 1 year work experience points claimed.

I talked to my employer about resigning and my employer is Ok with it and ready to provide me with ROE. They said once I will resign from the job they have to inform the authorities so that they can re apply to ESDC for another work permit.

My question to you, is there any issue if I change job now after receiving the COPR..?

Please let me know as I want to explore and look for better opportunities..

Thanks in advance.

Reactions: Jana_M_Calgary

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Hello @legalfalcon ,

I am following your post since May 2019. Your knowledge, views and advice to people in the group helped me and others in one or another way.

I recently receive my COPR and now applied for SIN # and OHIP card.

I got my AOR in May 2020 / Applied under CEC after 1 year experience / on Closed work permit expiring in May 2022/ LMIA & 1 year work experience points claimed.

I talked to my employer about resigning and my employer is Ok with it and ready to provide me with ROE. They said once I will resign from the job they have to inform the authorities so that they can re apply to ESDC for another work permit.

My question to you, is there any issue if I change job now after receiving the COPR..?

Please let me know as I want to explore and look for better opportunities..

Thanks in advance.

If you have receive the COPR, you are a PR and can work for any employer, including starting your own business, move to any part if Canada and take up work there.

Congratulations on the approval of your application!!

Reactions: Vinami and KB187

KB187

Jan 8, 2021
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
OTTAWA
AOR Received.
11 May 2020
If you have receive the COPR, you are a PR and can work for any employer, including starting your own business, move to any part if Canada and take up work there.

Congratulations on the approval of your application!!
Thanks a lot...

Reactions: legalfalcon

mlj1992

Star Member
Feb 25, 2020

Don’t worry, mine did that too while I was waiting for my COPR. It kept changing to a different thing every time! I got my COPR in the end and all was fine, so I think it’s just a system glitch.