+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

COPR this week?

laila86

Star Member
Nov 18, 2020
https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/july-2020-cec-applicants-timeline.693847/page-133#post-9277950

Field Operations Support System (FOSS) was the old system IRCC used to hold immigration records. They transitioned this to the GCMS system in 2012. When your Eligibility is being assessed, IRCC do an Integrated FOSS/GCMS check on you to see all related interactions that may have been had regarding you as an applicant, as well as actions taken with respect to any applications you've made in the past.

If/when you pass Eligibility (and all other stages), an officer will do a final review prior to issuing a COPR/ PR visa/ documentation. It is during this review that they do one more FOSS/GCMS check to ensure you remained eligible throughout the application process, as per the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act
Many thanks for your reply!! :):)

Reactions: EscoBlades

Sal1204

Star Member
Jan 8, 2021
Hi Everyone,

I'm a CEC applicant with a dependent (both Inland) and got my application approved yesterday (17th March). Does anyone know how long it takes to receive the COPR?
While I'm waiting for my COPR document and am wondering what would be the next step after receiving my COPR, does anyone know what is the current procedure for soft landing for an Inland applicant?

I wanted to visit back home and come back to Canada to validate my PR (soft landing) but not sure if I'll be able to come back if I leave Canada now with my COPR.

PLEASE HELP!
Thanks

raviakash28

Dec 12, 2019
Hi Everyone,

I'm a CEC applicant with a dependent (both Inland) and got my application approved yesterday (17th March). Does anyone know how long it takes to receive the COPR?
While I'm waiting for my COPR document and am wondering what would be the next step after receiving my COPR, does anyone know what is the current procedure for soft landing for an Inland applicant?

I wanted to visit back home and come back to Canada to validate my PR (soft landing) but not sure if I'll be able to come back if I leave Canada now with my COPR.

PLEASE HELP!
Thanks
May I know AOR and whether you received any GU before approval? If so when was that GU?

mudjawd

Sep 9, 2013
Toronto
Category........
CEC
Job Offer........
Yes
AOR Received.
09th August
Hi Everyone,

PLEASE HELP!
Thanks
I also got my application approved on 17th March (AOR 09th Aug). I am an Inland CEC with 2 dependents and we are currently in Canada. Wanted to know

1) how much time to get the COPR by email/portal?
2) What are the next step by step process post Approval. If there is someplace where we can go and read to track the post approval steps?

• Love
Reactions: Vinami and shredder

azeezsaz

Star Member
Nov 3, 2017
Toronto
Category........
CEC
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
17-11-2020
Reposting the Query

Hi All,

I received an ADR to submit below document for me and my spouse :

Travel History: A separate and newly completed Supplementary Travel Information form (IMM 5562) bearing an original signature.

Now, I have two questions, can anyone who has submitted this document or similar one respond:

1. I don't see a field to sign the document, whereas the instructions clearly ask for document bearing an original signature. where do I sign?

2. There is a section for dependent child 18 years old or older, which is not applicable in my case. Do I leave the section blank or enter Not Applicable in Given name filed of this section?

Thanks

Sal1204

Star Member
Jan 8, 2021
Reposting the Query

Hi All,

I received an ADR to submit below document for me and my spouse :

Travel History: A separate and newly completed Supplementary Travel Information form (IMM 5562) bearing an original signature.

Now, I have two questions, can anyone who has submitted this document or similar one respond:

1. I don't see a field to sign the document, whereas the instructions clearly ask for document bearing an original signature. where do I sign?

2. There is a section for dependent child 18 years old or older, which is not applicable in my case. Do I leave the section blank or enter Not Applicable in Given name filed of this section?

Thanks
Hi,

I got the same request for my application. To sign the document, you can print it, sign the form all the pages and then scan it and upload the scanned copy.
For, the dependent child section, you can leave that blank.
That’s what I did and my document got accepted.

Hope this helps.

Sal1204

Star Member
Jan 8, 2021
I also got my application approved on 17th March (AOR 09th Aug). I am an Inland CEC with 2 dependents and we are currently in Canada. Wanted to know

2) What are the next step by step process post Approval. If there is someplace where we can go and read to track the post approval steps?
Congrats! I got the email that my application has been updated today, still waiting for the COPR email.
Not sure what the next steps would be, I think it would be mentioned in the COPR email.

tinu28111987

Nov 1, 2017

I have the same question
My application was approved on 16 Mar and copr is valid till 28 May.
I haven't received copy of copr in my account.
I am planning to travel next month, I don't want to be stuck

azeezsaz

Star Member
Nov 3, 2017
Toronto
Category........
CEC
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
17-11-2020
Hi,

I got the same request for my application. To sign the document, you can print it, sign the form all the pages and then scan it and upload the scanned copy.
For, the dependent child section, you can leave that blank.
That’s what I did and my document got accepted.

Hope this helps.
Thank you very much.. You signed at the bottom of each page right?

Did you receive the request for both you and your spouse or was it only for one of you.

Also, me and my wife haven't been to any country except for Canada apart from our home country, so that means we should check the did not travel box.

Another question, when did you receive the request and after how many day was your application approved?

Thanks
Azeez

Sal1204

Star Member
Jan 8, 2021
Thank you very much.. You signed at the bottom of each page right?

Did you receive the request for both you and your spouse or was it only for one of you.

Also, me and my wife haven't been to any country except for Canada apart from our home country, so that means we should check the did not travel box.

Another question, when did you receive the request and after how many day was your application approved?

Thanks
Azeez
Yes, signed at the bottom of each page. The request was only for my spouse, not for me. You’re right, If you haven’t travelled to any country other than Canada & your home country, check did not travel, that’s what we did for my spouse.
We got the request on Feb 26, submitted the document on 28th Feb and got acknowledged on March 3rd. Application approved March 17.

Reactions: shredder