COPR this week?

Manp4126

Dec 31, 2020
Vancouver
Category........
PNP
AOR Received.
March 7
I have applied for GCMS note on January 15,2020 so I should be getting that next week. Let's see what's done in that.
Moreover, I called to IRCC on January 21,2020 and They told me that everything has passed except criminality and security and then they will make the decision on my case. so I am hoping criminality and security would be done in GCMS note.
I called them and they security is not started and they don't have any timeline when it is going to start. Are you biometric exempt ?

intl_stu

Oct 4, 2017
Looking at the current scenario across Canada, in my opinion this move of inviting a volume of applicants with bare min CRS score under CEC stream of EE by IRCC seems to be in association with Health Canada. Other than looking at the target of 400k immigrants announced by Immigration minister recently and stricter PGWP laws, there has been a massive interprovincial migration of prospective PR applicants who were unable to meet the present day CRS score criteria moving to the provinces who would readily offer PNP or have other provincial immigration programs based on skills or employment demands etc. These moves are not only allowing potential spread of covid further but also impacting the infrastructure, demography and job market of the targeted provinces by posing challenges like job market disruption and unreal increase in rent and real estate.

In addition to this the burden on in-land applicants to apply for multiple extension of their work permits was just adding to the expenses in these difficult times where people are also loosing jobs to slow business. Not to forget the tax contributions made by in-land applicants is same as any PR/citizen but it takes the longest time for any temporary resident to reap the benefits as a PR/citizen.

I understand its absolutely legit to be upset with IRCC with current backlog of applications but I am hopeful that with this move, they should have a plan to implement this strategically. Looking at some of the recent announcements by IRCC, they have already announced that they are focusing on in-land applicants. Let’s stay positive and happy.

Chethan_blr

Star Member
Jul 3, 2015
Just another disappointing week.
Your application approved on 23 October and not received CoPR.... Check what's your primary contact details in your application... if you have applied for work permit through employer, your profile might have your HR or attorney details. My profile had the same issue.. when i called IRCC, i had to remove them from my profile

Eagle_2020

Jan 27, 2021
Looking at the current scenario across Canada, in my opinion this move of inviting a volume of applicants with bare min CRS score under CEC stream of EE by IRCC seems to be in association with Health Canada. Other than looking at the target of 400k immigrants announced by Immigration minister recently and stricter PGWP laws, there has been a massive interprovincial migration of prospective PR applicants who were unable to meet the present day CRS score criteria moving to the provinces who would readily offer PNP or have other provincial immigration programs based on skills or employment demands etc. These moves are not only allowing potential spread of covid further but also impacting the infrastructure, demography and job market of the targeted provinces by posing challenges like job market disruption and unreal increase in rent and real estate.

In addition to this the burden on in-land applicants to apply for multiple extension of their work permits was just adding to the expenses in these difficult times where people are also loosing jobs to slow business. Not to forget the tax contributions made by in-land applicants is same as any PR/citizen but it takes the longest time for any temporary resident to reap the benefits as a PR/citizen.

I understand its absolutely legit to be upset with IRCC with current backlog of applications but I am hopeful that with this move, they should have a plan to implement this strategically. Looking at some of the recent announcements by IRCC, they have already announced that they are focusing on in-land applicants. Let’s stay positive and happy.
Guys, how can we stay positive with all this mess that they are causing? I have been waiting for more than 11 months without a single update on my account? I have passed all the stages since the beginning of October, 2020. I have 2 Canadian Born children. I’m paying more than $80k in taxes every year. I’m paying $2800 for the rent without having the opportunity to buy my house. I’m paying for my children daycare $1480/child each month. I have $0 benefits from the government because I have a good salary as a Civil Engineer. I cannot open my business because I’m not a Permanent Resident. I’m paying for everything here and at the end, I’m not getting at least an answer when I can have a final decision for my Permanent Residency.
This is crazy what are they doing. Sorry for the frustration, but I’m very tired with this. I know that everyone deserve a chance, but the chances should be equal for everyone. Not to give the PR in 3 months for some and leave some for 1 year waiting and without giving them a timeline when we can have our life back in track.
This process it totally unfair for most of us that are here.

kgrajiv

Mar 21, 2019
Not sure if it’s a bug?
I thought so, but later found it is little strange and surprising calculation. Useful for young kid come here with little language and graduate skill set and someone manage to get 1 year on his file to claim 1 year to get in to pool.

kgrajiv

Mar 21, 2019
This is just going to be an outright approval for them as they will only be looking for 2 main things, canadian exp and english. Just wow!!!!!!!
Yes, don't be surprised they will get approval quicker. They will have Bio, only inland to check so eligibility, criminality and security will be quicker. Smart move to get efficiency get ticket for their target of PR issuance

ike93

Star Member
Feb 25, 2020
AOR Feb 2020.

- Waited for 7 months for them to do something about biometrics, asked what their plan is, and was told to be patient and wait as covid slows down everything and they have a lack of staff.
- Waited for 1 month to receive a call from Service Canada for biometrics, asked what their call arrangement plan is, was told to be patient and wait as covid slows down everything and they have a lack of staff.
- Waited 3 months after biometrics, asked what's going on as I see people getting their PRs with AOR dates 5 - 6 months after mine, told to be patient and wait as covid slows down everything and they have a lack of staff.

We are unable to transfer your call.
503 error, this web site is unavailable.
We will let you know once there is a decision on your application.

On a Saturday, see 27k people get invited.

#ImmigrationMatters reads the article by IRCC.

Covid slows down everything and they have a lack of staff.

kk.

Altsoy

Feb 1, 2021
AOR Feb 2020.

- Waited for 7 months for them to do something about biometrics, asked what their plan is, and was told to be patient and wait as covid slows down everything and they have a lack of staff.
- Waited for 1 month to receive a call from Service Canada for biometrics, asked what their call arrangement plan is, was told to be patient and wait as covid slows down everything and they have a lack of staff.
- Waited 3 months after biometrics, asked what's going on as I see people getting their PRs with AOR dates 5 - 6 months after mine, told to be patient and wait as covid slows down everything and they have a lack of staff.

We are unable to transfer your call.
503 error, this web site is unavailable.
We will let you know once there is a decision on your application.

On a Saturday, see 27k people get invited.

#ImmigrationMatters reads the article by IRCC.

Covid slows down everything and they have a lack of staff.

kk.
Freaking bEurocrats suck! Now, the system crashed because of the influx of 27K applicants trying to register their profile.

Reactions: ForUs2020

stefi2020

Nov 23, 2020
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
Aor October 10th 2020
Doc's Request.
Rcmp
AOR Received.
October 10th 2020
Med's Request
November 20th 2020
If IRCC needs or wants to invite 27 K CEC or 100 000, it's their choices but they MUST clear the backlog and keep their website working. SO bad. Some think this means IRCC is going to process ongoinf files, I have a big doubt on this....
Do we have figure how many files are in the queue? If roughly we count 4000 each draw...since january 2020, that is 90 000? files....+ 27 000.....without counting work permit, student visas....spouse application....PNP....

I don t understand also why some people think these 27 000 wont go through eligibility or else...as a CEC myself, they check BG and I can't see a reason why they wont do the same for these 27 000? What do you think?

Feb 13, 2021
Any one have ‘CN Covid Pace Group’ on GCMS notes? My application hasn’t been touched for 5 months. I sent a web form to ask for removing me from this fucking group, but didn’t work.

ForUs2020

Jun 22, 2020
Vancouver
Visa Office......
Ottawa
AOR Received.
May 16 2020
It would have been easier to spread out the 27K over 5 weeks. Make it just over 5k CEC invitations every week, it wouldn’t be so hard on the man-made overburdened system. Also consecutive exclusive CEC invitations every week will bring down scores as well and achieve same purpose . Someone is missing some brain cells. What is the rush about? Is the world coming to an end ?What is their plan to complete the backlog

Reactions: horizonj and JaxT