+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

COPR this week?

MatAb

Star Member
Jan 30, 2020
Just my thoughts: I would say it’s probably happening even before covid. Covid just made the problem more obvious as it’s felt by a great number of applicants. They took their sweet time to decide on what to do with biometrics for inland applications and multiple CEC draws definitely increased the backlog. Like most in applicants in feb - June were almost complete and just bio pending before they introduced the biometrics service in September. If they only opened the biometrics service in the summer when the cases were low, they could’ve completed most of the in Canada applications as they come.
They definitely made a big mistake not opening up biometrics when everything else seemed to be business as usual. No idea what that decision was about.

Teddybear21

Dec 1, 2020
Hi everyone, I got and email from WST-LandingEnquiries@cic.gc.ca today asking for the following:

Some information is required for further processing of your Permanent Residence application.

Please confirm/provide the following information:

· Passport copy: please provide a scanned, coloured copy of your most recent

· Please provide your local phone number as you may be contacted for a telephone interview. If you do not have a local in-Canada number as you are overseas, please advise.

· Current residential address: Please provide yourcurrent residential address. If you are currently outside of Canada, please advise.

· Entry dates – please attach relevant flight tickets/passport stamps

· Original entry date into Canada and port of entry (name of airport/land border)

· Most recent entry date into Canada and port of entry (name of airport/land border)

Would you know what does this mean regarding the my application process? Is this part of the background check? Has anyone gotten a similar email?
Thanks in advance

NOC98

Champion Member
Mar 7, 2020
Category........
Other
Hi everyone, I got and email from WST-LandingEnquiries@cic.gc.ca today asking for the following:

Some information is required for further processing of your Permanent Residence application.

Please confirm/provide the following information:

· Passport copy: please provide a scanned, coloured copy of your most recent

· Please provide your local phone number as you may be contacted for a telephone interview. If you do not have a local in-Canada number as you are overseas, please advise.

· Current residential address: Please provide yourcurrent residential address. If you are currently outside of Canada, please advise.

· Entry dates – please attach relevant flight tickets/passport stamps

· Original entry date into Canada and port of entry (name of airport/land border)

· Most recent entry date into Canada and port of entry (name of airport/land border)

Would you know what does this mean regarding the my application process? Is this part of the background check? Has anyone gotten a similar email?
Thanks in advance

First time seeing this email handle. But congratulations! You just need to reply and hopefully receive your COPR soon.

Last edited:

usmanshk

Aug 28, 2019
Hi everyone - Finally GOOD NEWS.

AOR - May 6, 2020
Eligibility Passed - 31, Jul
RPRR - 1 August and paid 2 August.
Biometrics was exempt and updated on October 13
Background check completed on October 13
File was approved on November 18 (based on agent - but no status update on CIC Account)

FILE APPROVED AND CIC ACCOUNT UPDATED ON JANUARY 13 with CoPR # for myself and my wife.

- Me and my wife are Inland and never left during the process.
- VO Ottawa
- Never recived any call from Etobicko or Ottawa
- We are based in DT Toronto..

CoPR has been mailed out to me (should receive in 4-8 weeks).

*******Anyone knows if I will get CoPR on my account as well??

Thanks for all your support. I wish you all get the good news soon..
Got my and my wifes CoPR directly on my and my wife's email address. Thanks.

Sunnyvirdi02

Oct 1, 2020
Hi everyone,

I received an email from IRCC requesting information for portal access to confirm PR a week ago (Jan, 7th), replied right away, and never heard from them since. There was no update in the CIC account, does anyone know how long does it take and what's the process?

CEC, inland.
AOR: July 1st, 2020
Medicals passed: August 21st
Biometrics completed: October 14th
VO: Etobicoke

There were no other updates except Medicals and BIO in the CIC portal at all.

Thanks!
I got email from etobicoke last Friday and I gave them the information they want but, didn’t hear from them after that. No clue

Reactions: MatAb

torontosh

Jan 13, 2021
I got email from etobicoke last Friday and I gave them the information they want but, didn’t hear from them after that. No clue
I see, thanks for sharing!

I've read in another thread that a few people followed up after waiting for a few weeks and got the credentials for portal after that. Not sure it is something worth doing, but if there will be no response until the end of next week I'll probably do that.

Sunnyvirdi02

Oct 1, 2020
I see, thanks for sharing!

I've read in another thread that a few people followed up after waiting for a few weeks and got the credentials for portal after that. Not sure it is something worth doing, but if there will be no response until the end of next week I'll probably do that.
Yeah, I am also waiting for that. After that we will get COPR through that portal.

paras.arora

Star Member
Jul 7, 2016
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
june 2016
VISA ISSUED...
july 2016
LANDED..........
august 2016
Hey Everyone, I got my COPR today, got a call this morning from Kitchener Office they confirmed my last entry date in Canda which was missing in the system, the agent actually gave me her phone number to call back for the exact date as I didn't had it handy. I called confirmed date and as soon as I finished the call, I got the CoPR in my cic account.

In the letter I am asked to send the photograph and letter to get the PR card but meanwhile the letter will be valid for one year which will work as a PR card.

AOR - July 13
Medical - Sep 1
Biometrics - Oct 29
CoPR - Jan 14
VO - Kitchener

d13

Jun 9, 2020
Anyone know the processing time of permanent resident card??? And how long CoPR valid?? Because in account the valid date is 6 month and in letter they says it is valid fotlr one year... please help me

chhatbarjignesh

Star Member
Dec 28, 2020
Category........
CEC
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
08/09/2020
Nomination.....
08/01/2021
AOR Received.
11/01/2021
Reactions: Jana_M_Calgary

caipsnotes

Champion Member
Jan 10, 2020
Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY
Hi @caipsnotes, any thoughts as to why many people have Security not started even after Eligibility passed since 4 months by Officer. Could it be that IRCC has no control over it and just waiting for the security partners to send in their checks. In my GCMS, I saw USA biometrics received but not reviewed.
Hi. Many a times it can be administrative delays and especially these days delays are plentiful unfortunately. As along as Eligibility is passed by an officer that is the most important thing and hopefully the rest of the process will fall in place soon

Faru123

May 4, 2020
Hello,

Congrats to all of you who received your COPR and hope those who are waiting will receive it soon.

I just had a quick query, please help.
Do we need to send photos for PR card in different envelopes for PA and Spouse or a single envelope would do?

Thanks a lot

splummer

Aug 18, 2020
Hello,

Congrats to all of you who received your COPR and hope those who are waiting will receive it soon.

I just had a quick query, please help.
Do we need to send photos for PR card in different envelopes for PA and Spouse or a single envelope would do?

Thanks a lot
You can send in single envelop, just make sure you distinguish the different applications. I clip photos to the relevant letters then put in one envelop

Reactions: Faru123