+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

COPR this week?

Respina

Star Member
Dec 7, 2020
@gp_2020 @Gaurav.Projekt

I called them last Monday. The agent on the phone said he had no idea and told me to raise a webform to confirm I am in Canada and my current address. Lol funny thing is I didn't leave Canada since my AOR, so it is more like an excuse. I haven't got a response from webform, probably due to the reduced staffing? No idea.
so annoying and frustrating...

Navjot sidhu

Nov 22, 2020
What i feel is they are probably just picking file to make themselves good by doing 6 mnth time limit so that they look good in there department!!!! Thats why they are leaving old files to cover maybe there own goal or something!!!! As we see last week july and end of june aor got approval and this week august starting and july ending !!!! Only these files got there copr .... maximum of them!

Reactions: MatAb

blondieyo

Star Member
Jan 21, 2020
Well looks like there was some interest, below is what I sent to my local MP this morning. I've put in <italics> parts that you'll need to update if you want to use this as a template but feel free to use it as inspiration if you want to change it a bit!

Dear <your local MP>,

I’m writing to you as a resident of <wherever you live>, currently going through the process of applying for my permanent residency to remain in Canada. On <Date of AOR>, I submitted my application for permanent residency to Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC). After spending a significant amount of time and money liaising with multiple organizations in Canada and <home country>, gathering documents and preparing my application, I have been left waiting for <number of months left waiting> months with no conclusion reached as of yet. For reference as to the normal processing time for these applications, the representation given by IRCC is that 80% of permanent residency applications are processed within 6 months of application receipt.

I understand that COVID-19 has directly delayed the processing timeline of my application and I sympathize with entities and people alike that have seen great difficulties as a result of this pandemic. If it were for this reason alone I would not be writing to you. My frustration arises as a result of me and a multitude of others that applied around a similar time waiting with no conclusion reached on our applications, whilst many of those who applied 5, 6 or 7 months after have had their applications completed in the time since.

Without knowing definitively, I and many others from communities devoted to help and support people completing their applications, suspect that the reason for this is so IRCC is able to maintain their previously mentioned representation. I do not believe this is an equitable or fair reason to indirectly force those waiting for much longer than usual, myself included, to live in uncertainty and without the ability to make significant life choices that affect not only us, but our partners and families too. I understand that some applications do require further checks and balances however the sheer numbers seen lead me and others within this aforementioned community to believe that this delay is not as a result of our applications being more complicated to process, but instead as a result of IRCC wishing to maintain certain KPIs and representations.

I am not writing to you in the hope that somehow my application will be completed sooner, but instead to communicate my vexation caused by the inherent inequity of this inconsistent and unfair processing. I’m not sure if anything can be done about this but I do wish to voice my concerns as currently I and many others feel hopeless, helpless and neglected as a direct result of the wait we’ve been forced to endure.

Yours sincerely,

<Your name>

gp_2020

Oct 21, 2020
Well looks like there was some interest, below is what I sent to my local MP this morning. I've put in <italics> parts that you'll need to update if you want to use this as a template but feel free to use it as inspiration if you want to change it a bit!

Dear <your local MP>,

I’m writing to you as a resident of <wherever you live>, currently going through the process of applying for my permanent residency to remain in Canada. On <Date of AOR>, I submitted my application for permanent residency to Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC). After spending a significant amount of time and money liaising with multiple organizations in Canada and <home country>, gathering documents and preparing my application, I have been left waiting for <number of months left waiting> months with no conclusion reached as of yet. For reference as to the normal processing time for these applications, the representation given by IRCC is that 80% of permanent residency applications are processed within 6 months of application receipt.

I understand that COVID-19 has directly delayed the processing timeline of my application and I sympathize with entities and people alike that have seen great difficulties as a result of this pandemic. If it were for this reason alone I would not be writing to you. My frustration arises as a result of me and a multitude of others that applied around a similar time waiting with no conclusion reached on our applications, whilst many of those who applied 5, 6 or 7 months after have had their applications completed in the time since.

Without knowing definitively, I and many others from communities devoted to help and support people completing their applications, suspect that the reason for this is so IRCC is able to maintain their previously mentioned representation. I do not believe this is an equitable or fair reason to indirectly force those waiting for much longer than usual, myself included, to live in uncertainty and without the ability to make significant life choices that affect not only us, but our partners and families too. I understand that some applications do require further checks and balances however the sheer numbers seen lead me and others within this aforementioned community to believe that this delay is not as a result of our applications being more complicated to process, but instead as a result of IRCC wishing to maintain certain KPIs and representations.

I am not writing to you in the hope that somehow my application will be completed sooner, but instead to communicate my vexation caused by the inherent inequity of this inconsistent and unfair processing. I’m not sure if anything can be done about this but I do wish to voice my concerns as currently I and many others feel hopeless, helpless and neglected as a direct result of the wait we’ve been forced to endure.

Yours sincerely,

<Your name>
do you think local MP can do anything? Mr. Mendicino is avoiding any questions and just bragging on twitter how much he cares about immigration. but there were no actions from him

Reactions: joaliriano

blondieyo

Star Member
Jan 21, 2020
do you think local MP can do anything? Mr. Mendicino is avoiding any questions and just bragging on twitter how much he cares about immigration. but there were no actions from him
I certainly think he can do more than I can, sitting at home complaining to my girlfriend most days! I feel if enough people wrote to their local MPs maybe it gets brought up in session. I don't think it'll progress our applications any faster but I hope it at least raises some questions.

amala1611

Mar 10, 2017
Hey guys!
Does it affect our application if we call ircc every week.
I just can’t wait now. They have been testing our patience for so long now
I don't think so. But it is captured in the GCMS notes if you see. I did the same couple of months back with no use. Since October I'm used to hearing the same lines.

horizonj

Jun 9, 2017
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
11-06-2020
Didn't see any COPRs yet today. Might be slowing again as Ontario's on lockdown. How many months more??? :mad:

vg2013

Star Member
Sep 2, 2020
But what i don't understand is - why would covid have such a debilitating effect on processing timelines? I can understand things getting slowed in March during initial days. I mean all documents and the application were online and most folks use laptops for connecting to the network, so would not these folks ? Is it because they use desktops and take shifts for being at work in person to do their bit?

Not a rant, but trying to understand, that's all.

joaliriano

Star Member
Sep 18, 2020
But what i don't understand is - why would covid have such a debilitating effect on processing timelines? I can understand things getting slowed in March during initial days. I mean all documents and the application were online and most folks use laptops for connecting to the network, so would not these folks ? Is it because they use desktops and take shifts for being at work in person to do their bit?

Not a rant, but trying to understand, that's all.
That excuse doesn't make any sense. If they are processing people from June, July, August (..) within the normal processing time, then they should be able to work with those with older AORs.

blondieyo

Star Member
Jan 21, 2020
That excuse doesn't make any sense. If they are processing people from June, July, August (..) within the normal processing time, then they should be able to work with those with older AORs.
The biggest issue with COVID was the delays caused by applicants being unable to give biometrics. That definitely affected a lot of applications but outside of that I'm definitely in agreeance. There has been talk that some people from IRCC have been shifted to work on higher priority issues and taken from assessing applications but who knows really. As I noted in my letter, the real issue is that IRCC is seemingly disregarding older applications or at the very least pushing them to the back of the queue and that's what's really frustrating me.

chakrat

Champion Member
May 29, 2018
ON
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
VO OTTAWA
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
05-09-2020
Doc's Request.
N/A
AOR Received.
05-09-2020
IELTS Request
N/A
Med's Request
N/A
Med's Done....
22-10-2020
Interview........
N/A
LANDED..........
21/04/2021
Had talked to an IRCC agent in the morning. Advised me to wait for 1 to 2 more months which is insane.
Already 11 months and adding 2 more months means 13 months for PR.
Did you ask him/her the reason why to wait or are they just estimating.

horizonj

Jun 9, 2017
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
11-06-2020
Had talked to an IRCC agent in the morning. Advised me to wait for 1 to 2 more months which is insane.
Already 11 months and adding 2 more months means 13 months for PR.
I want to throw out the hardest sh**%$$ words on this, like what the adadanbsdd (just keeping it to myself though :)).. :mad: really2x crazy.... Is this still express entry????