COPR this week?

Manp4126

Dec 31, 2020
Vancouver
Category........
PNP
AOR Received.
March 7
Do I need to give RCMP police certificate in advance ? Me and my husband are in canada and our AOR is september 3. We didn't submit our RCMP clearance in advance because I read in CIC website that it should be submitted if asked. We are not asked until now. Should we get the clearance and submit now or wait ?
I think u should get it done and only send if they ask for it. Just to save your time. It doesn't cost much, before pandemic they were taking aprox 15 days for that. Just imagine if they ask for this then you would be waisting alot of time. Just a suggestion

Reactions: Anya123

Manp4126

Dec 31, 2020
Vancouver
Category........
PNP
AOR Received.
March 7
Crossed 10 months of processing last week. Security is still pending and IRCC agent asked to wait for 1-2 months approximately ... Express entry wow.. Insane..
I am still gud if they will ask that your application will be processed in 2 months for sure but atleast they should give a proper response.
I m tired calling them every month for same answer....wait

puneet kanda

Star Member
Oct 3, 2015
Crossed 10 months of processing last week. Security is still pending and IRCC agent asked to wait for 1-2 months approximately ... Express entry wow.. Insane..
I am still gud if they will ask that your application will be processed in 2 months for sure but atleast they should give a proper response.
What’s your aor?

Hir19494

Star Member
Jun 7, 2020
Hi Everyone,
How many days it will take to receive COPR document email?
My file approved on 11 Jan and I can see my document number in my CIC account

Last edited:

joaliriano

Star Member
Sep 18, 2020
Totally! Thats what makes me super mad that they dont say anything at all.

Reactions: sukhbirring

Brar2698

Jul 23, 2020
Yes please.
9 months of waiting is crazy.
I'm going to draft an email to my local MP to send off concerning the wait a lot of us who applied in January, February, March and April of 2020 have had to go through whilst a lot of people who applied long after us are getting PR within their 6 month time frame. Again, don't get me wrong, I'm not upset in the least at those who have received their CoPR quickly but I'm sick of complaining about continuously waiting without doing anything. If people are interested, I'd be happy to share what I end up writing.
Yes please, aor may 25. Still waiting...

NOC98

Champion Member
Mar 7, 2020
Category........
Other
But what i don't understand is - why would covid have such a debilitating effect on processing timelines? I can understand things getting slowed in March during initial days. I mean all documents and the application were online and most folks use laptops for connecting to the network, so would not these folks ? Is it because they use desktops and take shifts for being at work in person to do their bit?

Not a rant, but trying to understand, that's all.
Yes, even in December, there are still staff not able to work due to lack of equipment. They’ve also reallocated resources to family sponsorships, so other immigration streams were also affected. And their GCMS system has no capability to let the officers see which apps have been open the longest, so that’s why we see this random approvals.

Have a read here of the minutes from the December parliamentary meeting on immigration: https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/posts/9096141/

Reactions: blondieyo

gp_2020

Oct 21, 2020
Yes, even in December, there are still staff not able to work due to lack of equipment. They’ve also reallocated resources to family sponsorships, so other immigration streams were also affected. And their GCMS system has no capability to let the officers see which apps have been open the longest, so that’s why we see this random approvals.

Have a read here of the minutes from the December parliamentary meeting on immigration: https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/posts/9096141/
oh greaaaaaat...

blondieyo

Star Member
Jan 21, 2020

This is super concerning. That essentially means it's luck of the draw as to which application is opened to be processed and with thousands of new applications coming in, long waiting applications are being washed away into an ocean of new applications. How on earth did they make this work previously so they weren't just pulling the most recent application out?

NOC98

Champion Member
Mar 7, 2020
Category........
Other
This is super concerning. That essentially means it's luck of the draw as to which application is opened to be processed and with thousands of new applications coming in, long waiting applications are being washed away into an ocean of new applications. How on earth did they make this work previously so they weren't just pulling the most recent application out?
Just my thoughts: I would say it’s probably happening even before covid. Covid just made the problem more obvious as it’s felt by a great number of applicants. They took their sweet time to decide on what to do with biometrics for inland applications and multiple CEC draws definitely increased the backlog. Like most in Canada applicants in feb - June were almost complete and just bio pending before they introduced the biometrics service in September. If they only opened the biometrics service in the summer when the cases were low, they could’ve completed most of the in Canada applications as they come.

Last edited:
Reactions: blondieyo

ike93

Star Member
Feb 25, 2020
This is what they do since the beginning, really. Just sad at this point.

I wrote to my MP office as well and got a response. Basically, they contact IRCC for you, and they get a basic response showing where your application is. Also, she stated that they cannot influence or do anything about the processing. Mine is exactly what I heard from the agent on the phone, criminality in progress.

But does it make IRCC realize your file is waiting there all dried out? Maybe, who knows.

Reactions: MatAb and blondieyo