+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

COPR this week?

abc_1234

Oct 30, 2020
Thanks. But when filling up the form, whats the answer to this question?

"Please select the Department where you would like to submit an Access to Information or Privacy request."

Is it CBSA or IRCC?

Thanks.
"I requested GCMS via Privacy Act for free through CBSA instead of IRCC on Dec 21. They processed it on Dec 24. I received it on Dec 27.
So maybe try this: https://www.cbsa-asfc.gc.ca/agency-agence/reports-rapports/pia-efvp/atip-aiprp/req-dem-info-eng.html"

Reactions: Blairxxx

azeezsaz

Star Member
Nov 3, 2017
Toronto
Category........
CEC
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
17-11-2020
You should see your biometrics reference number, once updated and expiry date, on your profile.
Hi Stefi,

Thanks for the response.

I received biometrics request on 29th Dec and i gave them on 30th dec. The details are reflected on my profile as you mentioned but the status of the application still reads "your Action is required" and on the profile under Biometrics section it reads "We need your fingerprints to process your application ...." Is this normal and is there any action required from my end.

stefi2020

Nov 23, 2020
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
Aor October 10th 2020
Doc's Request.
Rcmp
AOR Received.
October 10th 2020
Med's Request
November 20th 2020
Hi Stefi,

Thanks for the response.

I received biometrics request on 29th Dec and i gave them on 30th dec. The details are reflected on my profile as you mentioned but the status of the application still reads "your Action is required" and on the profile under Biometrics section it reads "We need your fingerprints to process your application ...." Is this normal and is there any action required from my end.
[/QUOTE

Hi, I was exempted from Biometrics as I gave them last year for my work permit. It has been though updated only along with my MEP. Now I can see at the line " Biometrics " the following message : "
  • We do not need your fingerprints. We will send you a message if this changes.
Maybe you should wait and there is nothing to worry about, you just gave them barely a week ago. Keep us updated here.

Toks01

Jun 7, 2017
Hi Stefi,

Thanks for the response.

I will say give it more time, it should be populated under your profile before the week runs out, if it doesn't, you can give cic a call if you're in Canada to make sure they receive it

seal_light

Star Member
Jan 16, 2019
Well said. It's really annoying when people get short sighted and think the world is just limited to their own orbit. People are here for various reasons, not just to run away from bad situations at their home countries. We should expect optimum service in this immigration quest especially when it's being touted that such service is the standard process. How does one explain that some folks got their PR in 2-3 months in the same Covid era while others are waiting for close to 1 year and don't tell me applications are different. That excuse is tired
Well said!

Reactions: Rahul81 and amco

caipsnotes

Champion Member
Jan 10, 2020
Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY
totally agree with you, people on the forum tend to be rude the moment you start debating about inefficient process And start asking you to leave if ur not happy.
That's not good if you are being asked to leave the forum for such reasons. You are free to express your point of view as much as anyone else on the forum.

SyedZaidi1

Star Member
Feb 14, 2014
This is really funny. People being asked to leave if they are angry? Funny.

Please open your eyes; not everyone here is running to escape a dreadful life back home. People over here; mostly; are applying under the Canadian Experience Class. This country runs on immigrants. It is the right of incoming immigrants to expect a flawless service when they are paying over a 1000$ for this - as well as giving so much time and effort to complete the application. This is supposed to be one of the most efficient department in a country given the delicate data they deal with. But instead? Their efficiency is next to NOTHING. They delay applications even after approving them Or they delay approving the application even after clearing all the required steps to complete the application. You know what is icing on the cake here? They send COPRs to completely different applicant 'by mistake' & refuse the applicant who was supposed to get it in the first place. Is this what you expect from the 'immigration ministry' of a first world country?

So please. If people are expressing their anger here; they are free to do so and THEY HAVE EVERY RIGHT.

Thanks and have a good night all.

Rahul81

Jun 2, 2020
This is really funny. People being asked to leave if they are angry? Funny.

Please open your eyes; not everyone here is running to escape a dreadful life back home. People over here; mostly; are applying under the Canadian Experience Class. This country runs on immigrants. It is the right of incoming immigrants to expect a flawless service when they are paying over a 1000$ for this - as well as giving so much time and effort to complete the application. This is supposed to be one of the most efficient department in a country given the delicate data they deal with. But instead? Their efficiency is next to NOTHING. They delay applications even after approving them Or they delay approving the application even after clearing all the required steps to complete the application. You know what is icing on the cake here? They send COPRs to completely different applicant 'by mistake' & refuse the applicant who was supposed to get it in the first place. Is this what you expect from the 'immigration ministry' of a first world country?

So please. If people are expressing their anger here; they are free to do so and THEY HAVE EVERY RIGHT.

Thanks and have a good night all.
thanks, I meant ppl are being asked to leave Canada if they not happy with the system. Who told them to apply are kind of silly arguments ppl tend to give. as u stated it’s everyone’s right to speak,

Sukhvaas

Star Member
Dec 17, 2017
thanks, I meant ppl are being asked to leave Canada if they not happy with the system. Who told them to apply are kind of silly arguments ppl tend to give. as u stated it’s everyone’s right to speak,

Hello can you please answer my question. I am really confused
I am working on Noc B from august 2019 with same employer. I worked for 5 months then went to my home country and got stuck in their due to global lockdown for almost 5 months. In the meantime my office here in canada was also closed (no work from home). After returning back to canada started working again and worked for 5 months again, now office is again closed no work. My question is , can I apply under cec as I have completed 1560 hrs of work by working 40 hrs a week.

Rahul81

Jun 2, 2020
Hello can you please answer my question. I am really confused
I am working on Noc B from august 2019 with same employer. I worked for 5 months then went to my home country and got stuck in their due to global lockdown for almost 5 months. In the meantime my office here in canada was also closed (no work from home). After returning back to canada started working again and worked for 5 months again, now office is again closed no work. My question is , can I apply under cec as I have completed 1560 hrs of work by working 40 hrs a week.
sorry, I have no ideas on these hours rules, I generally see people applying after one year of work under CEC category