COPR this week?

ForUs2020

Jun 22, 2020
Vancouver
Visa Office......
Ottawa
AOR Received.
May 16 2020
High achievers want to learn, build international careers, explore business opportunities, and grow professionally. It has nothing to do with Canada being "a better country" since many people are from western Europe, the US, or they're not escaping from anything.
When you have applied for PR via express entry, the expectation was that you go through this process reasonably quickly (within 6 months) so that you don't have to put on hold your personal goals or hinder your life plans. This is how they advertise "express entry"; they want to attract people with skills, education, and money. As soon as the express entry premises turn out to be false, what's the reason to be in Canada?
I find it insulting that people inland, working and paying taxes in Canada, are left in this limbo (in 2019 I've paid over 70k of taxes, and they're telling I need to add +15% if a want to purchase a home or I can't register a business? They're basically telling, you have all the duties and not the same rights. Thank you but no thank you, I'm out of here for the time being)

It's even more ridiculous when someone tries to justify this situation with COVID - if there're problems in processing the backlog, why keep inviting thousands of people outland each month? How in the world are they going to clear the backlog when there are people waiting for 10+ months already?
Well said. It's really annoying when people get short sighted and think the world is just limited to their own orbit. People are here for various reasons, not just to run away from bad situations at their home countries. We should expect optimum service in this immigration quest especially when it's being touted that such service is the standard process. How does one explain that some folks got their PR in 2-3 months in the same Covid era while others are waiting for close to 1 year and don't tell me applications are different. That excuse is tired

stefi2020

Nov 23, 2020
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
Aor October 10th 2020
Doc's Request.
Rcmp
AOR Received.
October 10th 2020
Med's Request
November 20th 2020
High achievers want to learn, build international careers, explore business opportunities, and grow professionally. It has nothing to do with Canada being "a better country" since many people are from western Europe, the US, or they're not escaping from anything.
When you have applied for PR via express entry, the expectation was that you go through this process reasonably quickly (within 6 months) so that you don't have to put on hold your personal goals or hinder your life plans. This is how they advertise "express entry"; they want to attract people with skills, education, and money. As soon as the express entry premises turn out to be false, what's the reason to be in Canada?
I find it insulting that people inland, working and paying taxes in Canada, are left in this limbo (in 2019 I've paid over 70k of taxes, and they're telling I need to add +15% if a want to purchase a home or I can't register a business? They're basically telling, you have all the duties and not the same rights. Thank you but no thank you, I'm out of here for the time being)

It's even more ridiculous when someone tries to justify this situation with COVID - if there're problems in processing the backlog, why keep inviting thousands of people outland each month? How in the world are they going to clear the backlog when there are people waiting for 10+ months already?
Well, I am from France, I have a good paid job here in Canada. I think there is no need to still debating. I mean we all experienced delay and everyone has his own reason to complain. I am just too optimistic and positive to complain. In my case, I know if I am not happy with the situation I d rather go back to France instead of complaining.

But I guess some prefer to complain about all the things they 've been missing rather than being patient and keep faith.
The choice is yours! But know that some country will never give you residency. You can try the USCIS next door, you'll see the delay for family sponsorship for example. You can't only claim the benefits or advantages. And yes, you still have the choice to complain or withdraw your profile or be patient with your file and who knows you could have a good surprise for 2021!

People so focused on themselves and egocentrics when pandemic kills.

Jaynimz

Star Member
Apr 16, 2020
They only issue those invites just to meet their financial goals 10,000 invites in one month is = 10,000*1400= $14 million. They don’t care about whatever backlog they have they only care about the money

Reactions: abhishek_p81

azeezsaz

Star Member
Nov 3, 2017
Toronto
Category........
CEC
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
17-11-2020
aor-april 23, biometric 20 october. everything has been passed . waiting for decision as per IRCC agent
Hi,

When you say biometric 20 october, was it the date you gave them or the date there was an update regarding them?

azeezsaz

Star Member
Nov 3, 2017
Toronto
Category........
CEC
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
17-11-2020
I gave them and was update on 22 October
Hey,

One more question. i see few people have mentioned a biometrics completed date in the forum.. after giving the biometrics is there any update that biometrics is completed.. i am asking this because i gave my biometrics on 30 dec and i still see the status of it as we need your biometrics.. does it change after few days?

stefi2020

Nov 23, 2020
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
Aor October 10th 2020
Doc's Request.
Rcmp
AOR Received.
October 10th 2020
Med's Request
November 20th 2020
Hey,

One more question. i see few people have mentioned a biometrics completed date in the forum.. after giving the biometrics is there any update that biometrics is completed.. i am asking this because i gave my biometrics on 30 dec and i still see the status of it as we need your biometrics.. does it change after few days?
You should see your biometrics reference number, once updated and expiry date, on your profile.

assen89

Jun 30, 2017
The applicants saying they are willing to go back home, due to the delay in processing times caused by covid are from countries such as France,UK,Australia and other G7 countries with the same standard of living as Canada. For some of us, who were not in privileged to be born in such countries, we have no option but to just wait until our PR comes.

I know waiting for PR delays a lot of life plans such as getting a government job, purchasing a house and registering a business. The BOWP I applied for extended by work permit for another 10 months, I know my PR is coming and won't be running away. Try and keep busy and you will eventually get the golden email.

Last edited:

Pgill2609

Sep 7, 2019
The applicants saying they are willing to go back home, due to the delay in processing times caused by covid are from countries such as France,UK,Australia and other G7 countries with the same standard of living as Canada. For some of us, who were not in privileged to be born in such countries, we have no option but to just wait until our PR comes.

I know waiting for PR delays a lot of life plans such as getting a government job, purchasing a house and registering a business. The BOWP I applied for extended by work permit for another 10 months, I know my PR is coming and won't be running away. Try and keep busy and you will eventually get the golden email.
I dont agree with what you said covid is not caused by certain countries such as France uk etc we are in world pandemic, everyone regardless of nationality with have to wait. I'm from uk dosent make my application any quicker I'm in the same boat.

Adp1724

Jan 24, 2017

Speak for yourself and refrain from using words such as "we" and "us" on public forums

Reactions: ForUs2020

Blairxxx

Feb 29, 2016
Click that Link > Click Apply Online Today > Request Personal Information > Choose Yourself > Choose CBSA > Exit to Pilot Site > Click Next at the bottom left of page > Fill the Forms

You have to reside in Canada though, otherwise get someone in canada to order it for you
Thanks. But when filling up the form, whats the answer to this question?

"Please select the Department where you would like to submit an Access to Information or Privacy request."

Is it CBSA or IRCC?

Thanks.

caipsnotes

Champion Member
Jan 10, 2020
Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY
Thanks. But when filling up the form, whats the answer to this question?

"Please select the Department where you would like to submit an Access to Information or Privacy request."

Is it CBSA or IRCC?

Thanks.
Recommend CBSA, see why https://bit.ly/34nuJPu
Since you are inland you can request from both IRCC and CBSA for free