+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

COPR this week?

Paul48

Star Member
Dec 19, 2017
While it's understandable that a lot of us are frustrated about how long the process is taking, I think some of the negative reactions are unwarranted. There is still a due process that has to be followed and these agents working are humans like ourselves. All work places both in the private sector and government have challenges. I see some of the reactions on how long the process is taking and granted it is taking too long but, Patience is a Virtue. Instead of focusing on the negatives why not remember that it has been a long and highly unpredictable year and our applications are still being processed gradually and not being put on a complete hold until further notice?

I also see people complaining about ITA's still being sent out while we are still waiting, put yourselves in the shoes of those who have also been in the pool for some time. They also deserve some sort of news, don't they?

Mind you I've been in Canada for 7 years (as an intl student and foreign worker) also and my AOR was at the beginning of March. There are people that have been here longer and are also in the same position. There is a reason why we all want to get this PR, it could vary from person to person but still that is our common goal currently. This is an opportunity and not a "right" as foreigners. Please be sensitive to the fact that the negativity and disrespectful attitude can affect others. It comes across as being arrogant. Let's keep things light and show support to each other and not come off as ungrateful. Love and light :)

Good news is coming, have a great week all.
I'm glad you are fine with the waiting and you feel grateful for the opportunity. I suppose it depends on your expectations and goals.

Many didn't come to Canada because they escaped some harsh situation, but simply because they're high achievers and want to build an international career and/or maybe have entrepreneurial goals in north America.
If you're happy just to be in the country, more power to you. Personally, when I entered this process I did it based on the promises set by the express entry, which are fast processing time provided you meet the criteria. There's a huge cost-opportunity for many of us being in Canada without a PR status, such as you can't own real estate, you can't register a company, you pay high taxes without permanent status, and so forth.

Since the express entry class is an economic stream, there's nothing to be "grateful" about. If the expectations are not met, high skilled people don't stay in Canada to waste their time.
With regards to the covid situation, bear in mind that they didn't care at all about the "human" side of the equation, namely those already in Canada contributing to the economy and with their life on standby. They just cared about their KPAs and kept increasing their backlog without any means of processing it.

Last edited:

assen89

Jun 30, 2017
I'm glad you are fine with the waiting and you feel grateful for the opportunity. I suppose it depends on your expectations and goals.

Many didn't come to Canada because they escaped some harsh situation, but simply because they're high achievers and want to build an international career and/or maybe have entrepreneurial goals in north America.
If you're happy just be in the country, more power to you. Personally, when I entered this process I did it based on the promises set by the express entry, which are fast processing time provided you meet the criteria. There's a huge cost-opportunity for many of us being in Canada without a PR status, such as you can't own real estate, you can't register a company, you high pay taxes without permanent status, and so forth.

Since the express entry class is an economic stream, there's nothing to be "grateful" about. If the expectations are not met, high skilled people don't stay in Canada to waste their time.
With regards to the covid situation, bear in mind that they didn't care at all about the "human" side of the equation, namely those already in Canada contributing to the economy and with their life on standby. They just cared about their KPAs and kept increasing their backlog without any means of processing it.
You have to take into account most IRCC employees are working from home and there will be a limit to what they can access. And they likely have to come to the office to finalize certain processes that are required before an application gets approved on a secure server.

Paul48

Star Member
Dec 19, 2017
You have to take into account most IRCC employees are working from home and there will be a limit to what they can access. And they likely have to come to the office to finalize certain processes that are required before an application gets approved on a secure server.
If anything, this would make things even worse. Any other business dealing with sensitive data (finance, insurances... and companies such as google, fb, ...) can go fully remote except them? I don't believe so
And even if that was the case, they obviously couldn't care less because they kept increasing their backlog without any consideration of these limitations.

assen89

Jun 30, 2017
If anything, this would make things even worse. Any other business dealing with sensitive data (finance, insurances... and companies such as google, fb, ...) can go fully remote except them? I don't believe so
And even if that was the case, they obviously couldn't care less because they kept increasing their backlog without any consideration of those stuck in Canada without status.
Pre-Covid applications were approved in 3-6 months. Employees working from home has obviously had an impact on how fast applications are been approved.

Reactions: nayomee2

Paul48

Star Member
Dec 19, 2017
Pre-Covid applications were approved in 3-6 months. Employees working from home has obviously had an impact on how fast applications are been approved.
Unfortunately, the processing time started to increase even before COVID, showing some underlying probelms already.
That being said, they really didn't care about COVID implications because they kept issuing ITAs for FWE applicants when there's an army of people waiting since Jan/Feb/March/April in the country. These people already pay taxes (probably paying CRB to Canadians), have careers and Canadian degrees.

MaplePandaUK

Star Member
Jul 11, 2020
Yay! Congrats! It has been a wild ride. :D
Thank you! It really has been. I appreciate all the support and space to vent my frustrations that members on here have provided :)

Congrats. Did you receive it in email or in cic account?
I happened to be in my account at the time, refreshed, and there it was! It just said approved. Shortly after I received an email saying I had a new message in my account and the COPR documents were there in the IRCC portal, not attached to the email.