+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

COPR this week?

harry0207

Dec 6, 2020
According to the twitter account of IRCC, they are going to start a new policy for allowing 90,000 new PR applications - starting in 3 weeks.

Who cares if there are tons of people with no complex applications waiting for 15 months? Who cares if they couldn't even figure out why exactly they process August/ September applications before February/ March? Covid, reduced capacity, unprecedented times. You know.

Just gotta let the money roll in, I guess.
Exactly. New PRs will be picked like leeks (meaning we will be played for suckers). Firstly the application fees, then if some of us ever want to have our own homes, we will be picked again in the rocket-high real estate market to support thousands of jobs associated with it. And we continue to pay taxes as temporary residents to support those Canadians who would get $2,000 a month for doing nothing. They only say we will keep these many people by introducing A, B, C programs, but never mention the pain, anxiety, disappointment, separation, and frustration the process has imposed on many of us. And we have to deal with statements like we are so blessed to have such a privilege to have the opportunity to become CAN PRs.

Last edited:

Mandeepdee

Mar 17, 2020
Whenever i was calling to ircc before, the automated phone call tells me the status of my application. But today when i try to call them they just mention only my submission date. Does anyone have idea about it ? What is this meaning ?

cck1986

May 8, 2020
Hi guys , my eligibility has been passed and criminality is in progress and security hasn't been started my AOR was August 27, anyone here knows how long it takes to get COPR,. I was wondering among those who have received their COPR does anyone know how long it took for them to get their COPR after their eligibility was passed? My VO is sydney and I am inland
My eligibility was passed by office in the first week of April. As of now only that is passed and rest all pending and I am also inland CEC. My cousin applied in Jan 2021 and got his application approved two weeks back. In short, no one can answer

Reactions: Melikaaaaaaaa

Melikaaaaaaaa

Star Member
Mar 22, 2021
My eligibility was passed by office in the first week of April. As of now only that is passed and rest all pending and I am also inland CEC. My cousin applied in Jan 2021 and got his application approved two weeks back. In short, no one can answer
Thanks for your reply I appreciate :)

MelTranel

Star Member
Apr 14, 2021

RAMAAA91

Mar 8, 2020
Exactly. New PRs will be picked like leeks (meaning we will be played for suckers). Firstly the application fees, then if some of us ever want to have our own homes, we will be picked again in the rocket-high real estate market to support thousands of jobs associated with it. And we continue to pay taxes as temporary residents to support those Canadians who would get $2,000 a month for doing nothing. They only say we will keep these many people by introducing A, B, C programs, but never mention the pain, anxiety, disappointment, separation, and frustration the process has imposed on many of us. And we have to deal with statements like we are so blessed to have such a privilege to have the opportunity to become CAN PRs.
Honestly i have experienced guys like those u mentioned getting money from our taxes and behaving as they earn it and its their own money...im not saying all of them are like that but the experiences i had is worst with them...covid time canada got a big slap saying u need to focus on economy and easiest way they knew already is encouraging immigrants and students besides companies closing and loss of taxes and revenue through them...so coming up with all these new policies before the government loose their chance in next elections showing that they put soo much effort in bringing back economy stable...

Improvements should always be maintained with consistency not just introducing and leaving them in the dark when errors occured and struggling to develop new ideas...

harry0207

Dec 6, 2020
Honestly i have experienced guys like those u mentioned getting money from our taxes and behaving as they earn it and its their own money...im not saying all of them are like that but the experiences i had is worst with them...covid time canada got a big slap saying u need to focus on economy and easiest way they knew already is encouraging immigrants and students besides companies closing and loss of taxes and revenue through them...so coming up with all these new policies before the government loose their chance in next elections showing that they put soo much effort in bringing back economy stable...

Improvements should always be maintained with consistency not just introducing and leaving them in the dark when errors occured and struggling to develop new ideas...
Hear hear. It seems that Canada gets a head start with the possibility of getting more students and immigrants compared to some other countries like Australia or New Zealand. But the government must find new and creative ways to continue to escalate the speed of the application process if the pandemic continues to be a major reason for whatever is going on, such as renting more space to allow more employees to work on site and/or hire more staff to keep the ball rolling etc. For me, I don’t get it why the time taken for the final review is almost the same or even longer than the initial round of assessing eligibility, criminality and security. There is something seriously wrong there.

anantha27

Star Member
Sep 12, 2018
Hear hear. It seems that Canada gets a head start with the possibility of getting more students and immigrants compared to some other countries like Australia or New Zealand. But the government must find new and creative ways to continue to escalate the speed of the application process if the pandemic continues to be a major reason for whatever is going on, such as renting more space to allow more employees to work on site and/or hire more staff to keep the ball rolling etc. For me, I don’t get it why the time taken for the final review is almost the same or even longer than the initial round of assessing eligibility, criminality and security. There is something seriously wrong there.
The problem with few employees who are processing our application is extremely slow...... and no one cares about this delay from the Immigration office. me and my friend got ITA last May. I have applied on May 17 since I have all my docs ready with me. My friend has submitted in July and he got his COPR in Feb 2021. I do hear from my other friends who applied in the month of July, August and September all got their PR.

Don't know when our officers are going to work normally to process our applications....

• Sad
Reactions: Vinami

Ca55and

Sep 7, 2020
My NOC is 4212 which is one of the codes listed as priority occupation in the proposed new scheme. It’s all so frustrating why not process the applications you already have

sophieannsmith

Star Member
Aug 24, 2020
Been on final decision since December 14th and still no movement, PNP-Inland via EE. I wish IRCC would give us more information on processing times for PNP and FSW the living in limbo is so hard. I’m fed up of logging in everyday and seeing the same status :(

Can’t understand how its been sat on final decision for over 4 months when theres people who’ve had their whole PR application processed in 4 months

Reactions: Newbieee88

Ca55and

Sep 7, 2020
Been on final decision since December 14th and still no movement, PNP-Inland via EE. I wish IRCC would give us more information on processing times for PNP and FSW the living in limbo is so hard. I’m fed up of logging in everyday and seeing the same status :(

Can’t understand how its been sat on final decision for over 4 months when theres people who’ve had their whole PR application processed in 4 months
I’m also a PNP inland candidate it’s so frustrating.

Newbieee88

Feb 8, 2021

Same situation they keep telling me just be patient officer will take the call soon. But no updates yet. Just got off from a call today again same thing and i even asked why final decision is taking so long, she replied we have no answer but you need to be calm.

sophieannsmith

Star Member
Aug 24, 2020
Same situation they keep telling me just be patient officer will take the call soon. But no updates yet. Just got off from a call today again same thing and i even asked why final decision is taking so long, she replied we have no answer but you need to be calm.
Its crazy isn’t it!! like theres no one we can reach out to. They even sent me the survey to say my application was complete and to review my time with IRCC, so I rang them and said why have I received the email if it isn’t completed? and they had no response other than “it’s still in process and to be patient” :( What is your aor?