+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

COPR this week?

tinu28111987

Nov 1, 2017
Hello everyone,

i just got a question.
My friend wants to travel india and right now he is waiting for his COPR.
Let say he got is COPR when he is in india then whats the procedure after that. How he can accept that and whats the expiry of COPR ?

thanks
If you have your copr, then you have to apply for PRTD to travel back to canada.
But you should wait till get your copr before traveling outside canada

dhillon95

Nov 21, 2014
Visa Office......
chandigarh
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-10-2014
File Transfer...
31-10-2014
Med's Done....
16-08-2014
VISA ISSUED...
11-11-2014
LANDED..........
soon
If you have your copr, then you have to apply for PRTD to travel back to canada.
But you should wait till get your copr before traveling outside canada
Actually its an emergency, that’s why he is travelling to india.
By chance you know what’s the deadline for accepting COPR ??

Sal1204

Star Member
Jan 8, 2021
Hi everyone,
I am planning to travel back to India next week and am wondering, is the RTPCR Covid test report required for boarding the flight different from the regular covid test report? The test costs $225 nowadays for travel purposes but if i get it done saying that my employer has requested the test, it will be free for me.
Can anyone help me out here?
TIA

Zeph99

May 6, 2020
Actually its an emergency, that’s why he is travelling to india.
By chance you know what’s the deadline for accepting COPR ??
my COPR says it's good for a year, there's nothing to do to accept it per se, you have to apply for PR card within that year. but if you leave canada before getting PR card, you need a PRTD to come back, and you have to apply for it from outside canada and wait. no telling how long it would take so your friend would be stuck in india until getting PRTD.

Jana_M_Calgary

Star Member
Sep 14, 2020
I have received this email today.
Has anyone got the same email so far?

Update on IRCC processing capacity for your Economic Class – Canadian Experience Class (EE) application.
Dear client,

Thank you for your interest in Canada. We are looking forward to having you here.

Due to the impacts of coronavirus disease (COVID-19), we’re experiencing longer than usual processing delays. Rest assured, we are still actively processing your Economic Class – Canadian Experience Class (EE) application, but it will take longer than usual to get back to you.

ike93

Star Member
Feb 25, 2020
I have received this email today.
Has anyone got the same email so far?

Update on IRCC processing capacity for your Economic Class – Canadian Experience Class (EE) application.
Dear client,

Thank you for your interest in Canada. We are looking forward to having you here.

Due to the impacts of coronavirus disease (COVID-19), we’re experiencing longer than usual processing delays. Rest assured, we are still actively processing your Economic Class – Canadian Experience Class (EE) application, but it will take longer than usual to get back to you.
I saw a few other posts mentioning it, and I received it myself too, so assuming it is a "send-to-all" kind of an email. One would hope they would acknowledge the neglected 2020 Q1 applicant issues but seems like they will keep repeating the same throughout and want us to believe it if they say it more than once.

And good luck to those who saw the email subject and got excited only to realize what it actually is. Painful. :D

Last edited:

Temitee002

Jan 26, 2021
Guys I’m literally shaking right now..... can’t believe I can be this happy for a GU. I just logged into my account and saw profile updated blah blah, refreshed and it’s back to submitted. Also, for the first time since my AOR on Aug 18, my ADR changed to NA.....
I pray we all get the good news soon

birwin91

Star Member
Jan 20, 2020
Guys I’m literally shaking right now..... can’t believe I can be this happy for a GU. I just logged into my account and saw profile updated blah blah, refreshed and it’s back to submitted. Also, for the first time since my AOR on Aug 18, my ADR changed to NA.....
I pray we all get the good news soon
That's so good! Embrace the positive feeling! I hope it's good news for you!!

Cannnada

Star Member
Nov 30, 2019
HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
I got my CoPR confirmation just now.
CEC, ITA April, AOR August 1st, MEP updated Sep 20, BIL on Last week of Nov.
One GU starting of this month, without any change to status except BIO updated message.
Today got a GU and logged in to find Approval message with document numbers.
However they messed up with passport number with my dependents passport number.
It has been tough 11 Months, to be honest I don't feel anything. Its' numb feeling. The wait was so long and in Covid-19 having lost many a family members and without being able to travel to see the other members of family is really tough.
This forum has really helped me, just by reading others and going through their messages, I felt happy and sad many a times.
I thank every one in this forum, special shout to @legalfalcon, @EscoBlades .
Hi,
Any one have any idea about, what will happen to my file since they mentioned the wrong Passport number in CoPR document ?
And how to reach out to IRCC on this ?

lakshgosain

Jan 20, 2020
Updating here a little late, but FINALLY my application was approved after this excruciatingly long wait. I can see the final decision as approved and COPR number on my account. Waiting for the PDF document.

My timeline for those curious:

Single Applicant - Inland CEC - VO: Sydney

AOR: May 22 2020
BIL: July 13 2020
MEP: July 16 2020
Biometrics Call: October 08 2020
Biometrics Completed: October 13 2020
Background Check: March 15 2020
Final Decision: March 24 2020