+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

COPR this week?

Respina

Star Member
Dec 7, 2020
Called IRCC today and I have been told that Eligibility, Criminality and Security passed but application is still in progress... what is the next step? Application should be finalized and approved?

Last edited:
Reactions: assen89

CECApril

Oct 22, 2020
Any idea where is your file now..? Primary office or @ secondary office..?

Because Till 1st Feb 2021 my file was in Ottawa and was told that the file was in queue for COPR.. But today I was told it transferred to Secondary office (Etobicoke) for processing.
I was told that my file is on Etobicoke in mid Jan. Secondary is Etobicoke and primary is Ottawa.

f37

Star Member
Jul 27, 2020
I’ve read one post here — can’t recall which thread it was. OP got COPR while outside of Canada, the email explicitly said that if OP is outside of Canada, inform IRCC. OP did as instructed and was asked by IRCC to return to Canada using TRV/BOWP and once OP landed, IRCC Re issued the COPR.

I don’t think you can use COPR to travel. If you’re from a visa exempt country, you need a PR visa or PRTD.

edit: not the thread I’m speaking of, but related: https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/pr-outside-canada-question.720895/

Thanks!

I am from a visa-exempt country. I just hope the fact that I am abroad doesn't further delay the processing of my application. Since now everything is done virtually I was hoping to get my PR card and then either ask a friend to ship it to my country of origin or ask for a PRTD. Fingers crossed!

assen89

Jun 30, 2017
Thanks!

I am from a visa-exempt country. I just hope the fact that I am abroad doesn't further delay the processing of my application. Since now everything is done virtually I was hoping to get my PR card and then either ask a friend to ship it to my country of origin or ask for a PRTD. Fingers crossed!
You have to tell them you are not in the country and will receive your COPR when you land. You can get in trouble for misrepresentation, if they find out you falsely claimed you were to inland, so you could get COPR virtually and obtain your PR card, a luxury that is only available for inland applicants.

You don't want to come this far and get in trouble for misrepresentation and possibly banned for five years.

Last edited:

NOC98

Champion Member
Mar 7, 2020
Category........
Other
Thanks!

Oops sorry, if you’re from a visa-EXEMPT country, then you don’t need a PR visa to travel. Not sure if the travel restriction on COPRs issued after 18 March would apply to you.

f37

Star Member
Jul 27, 2020
You have to tell them you are not in the country and will receive your COPR when you land. You can get in trouble for misrepresentation, if they find out you falsely claimed you were to inland, so you could get COPR virtually and obtain your PR card, a luxury that is only available for inland applicants.

You don't want to come this far and get in trouble for misrepresentation and possibly banned for five years.

I have read people that got their PR card shipped abroad by friends.

Also, in principle I left for "holidays". I still have a work permit till August 2021 + my residence is in Canada (paying rent and bills) not abroad. Does this change anything? (@legalfalcon can you please help on this?)

Jaspreet987

Sep 29, 2020
Hi
I called ircc this morning
The agent told me my file has been finalized
AOr is 25 july
Do you know how long it will take for copr
My eligibility was recommended pass till last week

Reactions: CEC_Candidate2000

assen89

Jun 30, 2017

Also, in principle I left for "holidays". I still have a work permit till August 2021 + my residence is in Canada (paying rent and bills) not abroad. Does this change anything? (@legalfalcon can you please help on this?)
You have to make a declaration that you are present in Canada when you receive an invite through the PR confirmation portal.And even if you get COPR directly to your account,you still have to mail the application to get your PR card, they get the photography studio to stamp their address on the photos to show you are resident in Canada.The people that got their PR cards shipped by friends likely lied they were present in the country and may have issues when they come back. Virtual landing is meant for only inland residents present in the country,if you travelled for a week,wait until you get back to apply for your PR card.When you land they could find a discrepancy in the date on your PR card and when you left and came back into the country.

Last edited:
Reactions: yay_321

yay_321

Jun 15, 2019

As far as I know, all the existing visas are cancelled as soon as you get PR.

Now I am not sure if it is after you are approved (and have a COPR) or after you are landed.

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016

It doe snot change anything. If you receive a COPR by email, then to return to Canada you will gave to apply for a PRTD or get your PR CARd.

f37

Star Member
Jul 27, 2020
It doe snot change anything. If you receive a COPR by email, then to return to Canada you will gave to apply for a PRTD or get your PR CARd.

Thanks for your help.
But can they reject my application if at the time of COPR I am outside Canada after applying as CEC-inland? Actually as per GCMS notes my application was approved before I left Canada (with a COPR # also present in the GCMS notes).

Another point I would use in my defence is that there is nothing official on the IRCC website that stops you from leaving Canada while inland PR application is in processing. If you have anything official, can you please share the link?

I am fine with applying for a PRTD to come back to Canada.

HBarnes

Star Member
Oct 26, 2020
Virtual landing completed almoust 3 weeks ago,COPR number and expiry date issued. Last week nice agent told me that the VO has 2 weeks to send the COPR document and she followed up with them for me, since I haven’t recieved it. Today I found the VO response to the agent follow up was “ it will be sent to the client in due course”. Etobicoke VO... Well...thanks...

Reactions: rs89977

assen89

Jun 30, 2017
Virtual landing completed almoust 3 weeks ago,COPR number and expiry date issued. Last week nice agent told me that the VO has 2 weeks to send the COPR document and she followed up with them for me, since I haven’t recieved it. Today I found the VO response to the agent follow up was “ it will be sent to the client in due course”. Etobicoke VO... Well...thanks...
You have to remember 70% of applicants reside in Ontario. The VO office in Etobicoke handles one of the largest volumes in terms of processing applications. They won't be able to give you a definite timeline and you just have to keep waiting. At least you have completed your virtual landing and been issued with a COPR number.

Reactions: dgeorge