+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

COPR this week?

Paul48

Star Member
Dec 19, 2017
wait for automated status message to complete, it will give you option to speak to agent by pressing "0". Best time to call at 8 AM ET, I am calling once a week and able to talk to agent every time. It might say your wait time is 5 mins or something but takes at least 30-35mins for agent to pick up the line
Thanks!
Is the conversation with the agent informative? is he able to share more details?

Zeph99

May 6, 2020
wait for automated status message to complete, it will give you option to speak to agent by pressing "0". Best time to call at 8 AM ET, I am calling once a week and able to talk to agent every time. It might say your wait time is 5 mins or something but takes at least 30-35mins for agent to pick up the line
it's definitely a mixed bag, I've tried calling at all sorts of hours and times, and out of ten attempts over the past few months i've managed to get an agent about a third of the time, and the wait is always around 30 minutes. i'd happily wait on the line for an hour if they'd just let me join the queue!

Zeph99

May 6, 2020
Thanks!
Is the conversation with the agent informative? is he able to share more details?
when i have been able to get through, they've always been great. super informative, super patient with all my questions. they will do as much as they can, but you gotta acknowledge that they can only see or do so much. But it's so much faster than waiting a month for gcms notes. or waiting a week to get a webform response that is generic even when you ask specific questions.

Paul48

Star Member
Dec 19, 2017
when i have been able to get through, they've always been great. super informative, super patient with all my questions. they will do as much as they can, but you gotta acknowledge that they can only see or do so much. But it's so much faster than waiting a month for gcms notes. or waiting a week to get a webform response that is generic even when you ask specific questions.
that's great!
I'm going to keep trying calling; is there a way to skip the 5 minutes of pre-recorded voice ?

Yen@5

Star Member
Aug 18, 2017
AOR April; still eligibility and background check in progress.
When is it going to end? :(

Especially for those in Canada, this waiting is really disruptive. You can't buy a house, you can't plan your life. I'd have never expected this process to take all this time, and the worst part is that I can't see the end... it's impossible to plan anything
I second that. Everything is on hold. I dnt blame them but if they can not work on backlogs, they should not offer back to back draws. They should take up the tasks to what they can achieve. I bet, everyone is panicking and annoying part is, we dont see any pattern so it is so hopeless situation for all of us. I just hope they would make the year end happy for all of us.

planetch

Star Member
Jan 10, 2020
I agree. GCMS notes will take eternity to come and may come with stale update. IRCC agent can read notes in real time or as of couple of days ago. Found them polite, patient with question and wont conversation unless you are done asking all your question.

But keep in mind, they can not predict timeline and will simply read from your file and share latest updates.

Reactions: Paul48

Paul48

Star Member
Dec 19, 2017
I second that. Everything is on hold. I dnt blame them but if they can not work on backlogs, they should not offer back to back draws. They should take up the tasks to what they can achieve. I bet, everyone is panicking and annoying part is, we dont see any pattern so it is so hopeless situation for all of us. I just hope they would make the year end happy for all of us.
True.
Unfortunately, if I don't get any updates (COPR) in November I've decided I'll leave Canada in December and consider whether to come back once I'm PR.
I feel very disappointed with this process. I have a Canadian degree, I'm working and paying a ton of taxes here and after all these years I can't have some basic freedom like buying a house, register a business, or knowing that I can travel as needed because as a non-PR re-entering the country would be tricky. It feels like a prison and honestly I had enough.
I understand there's COVID, but that's one more reason why this is insane. It should be the reason why CEC applicants can't be left in this limbo, given this time of uncertainty and the fact these people are already working and living in Canada.

codeheals

Star Member
Oct 23, 2018
True.
Unfortunately, if I don't get any updates (COPR) in November I've decided I'll leave Canada in December and consider whether to come back once I'm PR.
I feel very disappointed with this process. I have a Canadian degree, I'm working and paying a ton of taxes here and after all these years I can't have some basic freedom like buying a house, register a business, or knowing that I can travel as needed because as a non-PR re-entering the country would be tricky. It feels like a prison and honestly I had enough.
I understand there's COVID, but that's one more reason why this is insane. It should be the reason why CEC applicants can't be left in this limbo, given this time of uncertainty and the fact these people are already working and living in Canada.
Totally understand your situation. I share the same frustration with you, I urgently need the status to apply for school for next Fall. Most of the applications will be due in coming Dec or Jan. What I learnt is no matter how many calls you made, they are only able to tell you what they can see on file. My application was approved in August but till now didn't receive COPR. I could even see the COPR document number on my GCMS. LOL

Reactions: shayusuf247

ru88

Star Member
Sep 24, 2020
True.
I have the same feeling as you. I am very depressed and frustrated about all these stuff...My passport is gonna expire and I have to get a new one. I have to update the passport information. I don't know whether it would delay my application...That means there would be even more waiting.

Paul48

Star Member
Dec 19, 2017
By the way, do "eligibility in progress" and "background check in progress" actually mean anything?
Do you need to get an update on their status as "passed" or you could just receive the COPR right away?

ru88

Star Member
Sep 24, 2020
By the way, do "eligibility in progress" and "background check in progress" actually mean anything?
Do you need to get an update on their status as "passed" or you could just receive the COPR right away?
You could call IRCC agent for updates. The status in portal is not updated...I am not sure how often they update the info in portal.

maxmeomeo

Star Member
Aug 13, 2020
True.
Totally feel you. I feel we are in a very bad position, much worse than FWS stream ,at least they can go on with their lives. We are stuck in this limbo.
You should go back. Live your life.

dgeorge

Feb 2, 2020
True.
I completely agree with you. I have been here for 5 years contributing to canadian economy here, working, paying taxes, even went to school here. I have not seen my family for 3 years at a stretch. I feel stuck, my life is on a total pause. Can’t even buy a car, or go back to school, start a business, buy a home, all things I really want to and need to do for myself. But I am stuck and I can’t start anything - everyone says don’t worry it’s gonna be fine but is it really? Are they gonna see the hardwork done by us? I’m just so sick of waiting for 5 years to properly live my life - travel visit family etc I’m so tired I wake up check my application go to sleep check my application this is crazy