+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

CoPR number on PR Tracker

CEML

Aug 10, 2022
Add me to the queue of people waiting. I was told over the phone yesterday that I am in holding pattern for the virtual landing, and today I see in the PR tracker COPR expiry date and document number. Waiting on the portal invite like a lot of you.
Hi. If I may ask, did you call IRCC first or was it them that contacted you by phone first? Our anxiety is on the roll because in the tracker, everything has been completed in our application and the COPR has been showing since November 3rd. Also got the pre-arrival email and ECAS says "decision made" for both sponsorship and PR application, same day. I (sponsor) lost my phone a few days ago and yet to get a new one, my wife (principal applicant) hasn't received any call from them though. Scared we missed a call from them in the last week as I'm waiting for a new phone from work in a few weeks. Do you think we should call/send a message or wait it out? In the tracker, our preferred method of contact is online. Thanks for the advice.

Vedant_agarwalla

Star Member
Jul 4, 2018
Toronto
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Delhi
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
Dec 2018
AOR Received.
Dec 2018
My wife's application still says we are working on it.
But she got a ghost update on the 18th (the pre arrival invite was updated to the profile) and then one more yesterday.
I havent received anything yet but am hoping I am inching closer to the finish line.

Vedant_agarwalla

Star Member
Jul 4, 2018
Toronto
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Delhi
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
Dec 2018
AOR Received.
Dec 2018
Hi. If I may ask, did you call IRCC first or was it them that contacted you by phone first? Our anxiety is on the roll because in the tracker, everything has been completed in our application and the COPR has been showing since November 3rd. Also got the pre-arrival email and ECAS says "decision made" for both sponsorship and PR application, same day. I (sponsor) lost my phone a few days ago and yet to get a new one, my wife (principal applicant) hasn't received any call from them though. Scared we missed a call from them in the last week as I'm waiting for a new phone from work in a few weeks. Do you think we should call/send a message or wait it out? In the tracker, our preferred method of contact is online. Thanks for the advice.
If they cant reach you on the phone, they will email you and ask you to contact them. Dont worry about it.

Vedant_agarwalla

Star Member
Jul 4, 2018
Toronto
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Delhi
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
Dec 2018
AOR Received.
Dec 2018
I would say yes, however if I did something stupid like not complete the portal, upload photos, stuff like that you can still be declined. I got clarity from the agent on the phone on the final steps. So once you have COPR in the portal and they say you are approved. Then you have the following if you are inland:

1. You are entered into a queue for virtual landing.
2. You get an email or in some cases a phone call to confirm that the PA is in Canada and some basic demographic information such as address, phone.
3. The agent changes an entry in the system to trigger the portal invite.
4. The application has a final review by an officer.
4. You receive the login info for the portal.
5. You upload photos and get eCOPR document.
6. Once portal is done, IRCC changes your application status to closed.
7. You receive your PR Card roughly 30 days later.
Thank you! This is real good info

CEML

Aug 10, 2022
My wife's application still says we are working on it.
But she got a ghost update on the 18th (the pre arrival invite was updated to the profile) and then one more yesterday.
I havent received anything yet but am hoping I am inching closer to the finish line.
We also got a ghost update yesterday. Praying for the best and prompt finish for all of us here

emf.aca.22

Nov 24, 2022
would like to share my tracker history and to know where I currently am.

2022-06-27 Application submitted
2022-07-19 Started in progress
2022-08-04 Sponsor received AOR; Medical exam passed
2022-08-16 Eligibility passed; Pre-arrival letter received
2022-09-04 Several Ghost updates for a week
2022-10-07 Background check completed; Doc numbers of COPR popped up on the new tracker
2022-10-17 Ghost update
2022-11-22,23,24 Ghost updates

Reactions: mikky1983

CEML

Aug 10, 2022
would like to share my tracker history and to know where I currently am.

2022-06-27 Application submitted
2022-07-19 Started in progress
2022-08-04 Sponsor received AOR; Medical exam passed
2022-08-16 Eligibility passed; Pre-arrival letter received
2022-09-04 Several Ghost updates for a week
2022-10-07 Background check completed; Doc numbers of COPR popped up on the new tracker
2022-10-17 Ghost update
2022-11-22,23,24 Ghost updates
thanks for sharing this. i also got ghost updates in nov 22, 23 and 24. what's your case processing centre? ours is at mississauga. we also have everything completed at the tracker, copr number in the tracker and pre-arrival letter. we did not receive SA and AIP letter, though. hoping for the best news for all of us very soon!

Kaikai95

Aug 17, 2022
thanks for sharing this. i also got ghost updates in nov 22, 23 and 24. what's your case processing centre? ours is at mississauga. we also have everything completed at the tracker, copr number in the tracker and pre-arrival letter. we did not receive SA and AIP letter, though. hoping for the best news for all of us very soon!
Same here, Mississauga center.
Also have everything completed at the tracker, copr number in the tracker and pre-arrival letter around October 20ish...
I think they have stopped sending invite portals for some unknown reasons

CEML

Aug 10, 2022
Also have everything completed at the tracker, copr number in the tracker and pre-arrival letter around October 20ish...
It's so anxiety-inducing. Nothing we can do but wait. I got another ghost update in the tracker today. Really hoping the full process gets completed soon.

Last edited:

EloiseMann

Star Member
Aug 2, 2022
Category........
FAM
We're also inland, Mississauga, and had ghost updates on 22/23/24. Glad it's not just us but anxious about next steps! (We got SA but no AIP either!)

James Lyrie-Stewart

Star Member
Jan 13, 2013
Nope, they have not stopped. I know an applicant who just got the portal invite today. She got her COPR details on tracker early October.