+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

COPR needed for oath?

RP1

Star Member
Sep 10, 2017
When I received the VOS the e-mail stated: "As of November 2013, the Operations Support Centre has been issuing an electronic, uncertified Verification of Status (VOS) document that confirms pertinent historical information retrieved from the original documents, such as date of entry and status at document issuance etc. You will not be receiving a plain paper, uncertified VOS document. Your electronic copy is acceptable at all Service Canada locations; however, please ensure that the watermark “NOT VALID FOR TRAVEL” appears on the document."
This is a replacement document for the CoPR so I am assuming it must be sufficient for the citizenship oath.
https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/applying-for-citizenship-with-vos-instead-of-copr.506794/

cn2017

Star Member
Oct 27, 2017
Hi everyone, can someone please tell me of a copy of COPR is ok for the oath? I don't think anyone has the original, I think either the border or Service Canada took the original one with the picture. I only have a scan copy of it, is that ok for the oath? Thanks.

foodie69

Champion Member
Dec 18, 2015
Hi everyone, can someone please tell me of a copy of COPR is ok for the oath? I don't think anyone has the original, I think either the border or Service Canada took the original one with the picture. I only have a scan copy of it, is that ok for the oath? Thanks.
Sure..worked for me. But no one wanted to see it.

canvan14

May 8, 2014
I still have my original CoPR when I landed.
Mine does not have picture on it, just handwritten information filled in by CBSA when I landed.

cn2017

Star Member
Oct 27, 2017
Thanks a lot for your replies guys, appreciate it. Mine has my picture, but it's not a real picture, it's a scan I think and all the markings on thie copy is black, so I don't knwo if it's the original or just a copy and at the bottom it says "CIC Copy". I'm so confused, I know a lot of people said they may not check, but I was wondering if anyone showed the scaned copy of the COPR and not the original? Thanks.